Where to get "black chrome" done??...

pro517

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... I was thinking of getting a set of factory wheels done in black chrome. Does anyone know of a shop that could handle the chore?

Here is a pic of some Dle Ernhardt black chrome wheels, but I want to do srt-10 wheels:

Attachments

• tank_black_chrome_large.jpg
    tank_black_chrome_large.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 210
pro517 said:
... I was thinking of getting a set of factory wheels done in black chrome. Does anyone know of a shop that could handle the chore?

Here is a pic of some Dle Ernhardt black chrome wheels, but I want to do srt-10 wheels:
The PermaStar black chrome fixes dings, scratches bends (repair wheels first) then put their process on - it's 10 times better than regular chrome (ask Prof and others)

http://www.permastar.com/

See pic # 9 for black chrome on a Hummer

http://www.permastar.com/gallery_SEMA_03.html

:D :D :D

dude i had the same idea, it would look soo sick, but it is a dammm mystery where to find a place with equipment large enough to do wheels (thats been my problem) and i live in cali.:dontknow:

MikeNice said:
How much a wheel? and who does it?

Goodrich Technology Corporation
670-A Garcia Avenue
Pittsburg, California 94565
Phone: (925) 432-7782
Fax: (925) 432-7785

Hope that helps

I don't know if the black chrome runs any more but the permastar cost Ron about $800-$1K for the four wheels as I recall. Don't know if that was with shipping. PM Outnumbered for details.

My OEM wheels have been waiting for me to make up my mind for quite sometime. I am sure that I'll send them to get the black chrome PermaStar treatment.

Here ya go. They are the Permastar from Pittsburg Ca.

Attachments

• PIC-0001.jpg
    PIC-0001.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Rim pic.JPG
    Rim pic.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 116
My PermaStar wheels cost right at $800. That included $120 in shipping one way between CA and IL.

Bright chrome front:

img045.jpg

Bright chrome back:

img047.jpg

I agree on this look. Totally bada$$.

Almost pulled the trigger on these for my GTI a few weeks ago:

V708%20RS4%20onyx.jpg

I somehow knew you guys would have the hook-ups!!

What is the difference in color/finish between the permastar and actual 'black chrome' or is it the same process. It looks like the black chrome might be a shade lighter in color.

I was thinking the lighter color would be really badass on a silver truck.

I guess I should have clicked the link first.:dontknow:

I am wondering if the pic I posted of the Ernhardt wheel is just lighter, I guess Permastar uses the same process, it just appears they are darker.:dontknow: :dontknow:

They all look sick!!

pro517 said:
What is the difference in color/finish between the permastar and actual 'black chrome' or is it the same process. It looks like the black chrome might be a shade lighter in color.

Permastar process is simular to powder coating. Thats why they can offer a warranty.

I'm sooo glad posts 12 and 13 are together for comparison reasons.. WOW noid, that black chrome looks SICK!! I know I wanted to get it done but I never actually seen black chrome on OEM wheels; AND on silver too? Outstanding.:D But Prof's high polished look is incredible as well.:proud: I'll have to determine which way will mesh more with my scheme, OR I will have to flip a coin when speaking with a PermaStar rep about mine. Either way would be killer.

Last edited:
I have to agree, the black chrome on the silver is insane fine!!! I'm keeping my options open now. I have an excuse to, b/c my pass rear paint is chipped by the valve stem..:rock:

Prof said:
My PermaStar wheels cost right at $800. That included $120 in shipping one way between CA and IL.

Bright chrome front:

img045.jpg

Bright chrome back:

img047.jpg

Awesome!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back