Spring Drag Meet 2009

rottenronnie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was online with Arrestmered04 last night.

I thought it might be fun to pit a N.A. Reg Cab (his) against a N.A. Quad Cab (mine). They should be very close in performance (like maybe a tenth or less) and are currently the (2) fastest N.A. trucks on the Forum.

He is in Texas, which would be a 2100 mile drive for me. A little too far...

What about having a Spring Meet somewhere in the "middle", like maybe Portland International. Is it a good facility with a well-prepped track?:dontknow: Or maybe one of the other low-altitude tracks??

Anyone interested in coming to race at something like that???

Rotten Ronnie

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
portland ,,,thats in the middle ???
sacramento raceway would probably be closer to half way, elevation is ~100' - portland is closer to ~30'....... :)

rottenronnie said:
I thought it might be fun to pit a N.A. Reg Cab (his) against a N.A. Quad Cab (mine). They should be very close in performance (like maybe a tenth or less) and are currently the (2) fastest N.A. trucks on the Forum.
your "modified" NA (cam & striker heads) against his stock NA ??:dontknow:

don't forget trainman for fastest "NA" truck.......;)

Last edited:
justin "arrestmered is from temple it's about 80miles south of dallas give or take... and umm i'm down! just gotta make sure i'm off work when we make a date!

Tooloe said:
justin "arrestmered is from temple it's about 80miles south of dallas give or take... and umm i'm down! just gotta make sure i'm off work when we make a date!

Hey Tooloe how far from you is Portland?

Yellow venom said:
Hey Tooloe how far from you is Portland?
hell i dunno lol a shit ton of miles away...im on my phone so i cant look...but im sure me an him could make the hike...i pick my motor up next monday...damn work so my truck should be up an running so im game for anything

Ironhead said:
portland ,,,thats in the middle ???

No, I think Kansas is the the MIDDLE of the U.S.A... They have a couple of tracks...that's 1600 miles from here.

Where do you have your West/East GTGs??

I will meet at Sacramento, with the "Fastest" NA Reg Cab, soon to be quickest as soon as I venture back to Sacramento. It's about a 300 mile drive north for me from Bakersfield. I just bought new Drag radials and I have the BBK throttle body so I will be testing them soon. Ronnie, you will love the air at Sacramento and you will get the most from those Strikers if you make the trip.

Last edited:
Yellow venom said:
What about Vegas Ron? Whats that track like?

It is an amazing facility but for "record setting", it is a little too hot and too high. Serous track prep (like Mission B.C.) No shortage of VHT there...
Sort of a 1/2 way (there's that term again) (for engine performance) between Calgary and Edmonton.

There are few places as BAD as Calgary however. Speaking of bad, they are considering opening Race City for 1/8 mile only!

If a city with over a million people can't support racing...!!!???>>> W.T.F.? I won't cross the street for the 1/8 mile stuff....

Last edited:
Trainman said:
I will meet at Sacramento, with the "Fastest" NA Reg Cab, soon to be quickest as soon as I venture back to Sacramento. It's about a 300 mile drive north for me from Bakersfield. I just bought new Drag radials and I have the BBK throttle body so I will be testing them soon. Ronnie, you will love the air at Sacramento and you will get the most from those Strikers if you make the trip.

Trainman, I was hoping you would chime in.
Sacramento is 1400 miles from here and is a doable trip.
But... check out those late morning temperatures, even in Mid-May yikes!!

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...&day=15&year=2008&getweather=Get+Weather+Data

We would have to hope for a good air day! But regardless of the DA there at the time, it does put EVERYONE racing there on a level playing field!

I just thought it would be a hoot to race and meet some of the guys on the Forum.

Ronnie

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Trainman, I was hoping you would chime in.
Sacramento is 1400 miles from here and is a doable trip.
But... check out those late morning temperatures, even in Mid-May yikes!!

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php?track=132&month=5&day=15&year=2008&getweather=Get+Weather+Data

We would have to hope for a good air day! But regardless of the DA there at the time, it does put EVERYONE racing there on a level playing field!

I just thought it would be a hoot to race and meet some of the guys on the Forum.

Ronnie

Wheeew,she gets warm there,probably be maybe 70 at best here at that time.:D ,
How far to Portland for us Ron?

Yellow venom said:
Wheeew,she gets warm there,probably be maybe 70 at best here at that time.:D ,
How far to Portland for us Ron?

Around 1100 miles, give or take.
I can't find anyone around here that knows about that facility...

moparracing said:
your "modified" NA (cam & striker heads) against his stock NA ??:dontknow:

Gee, aughh, I'm not sure what you are trying to read into this post...
If you were to re-read it however, you might see: "I thought it might be FUN"...

Anyway, I thought you posted that you were going to install Strikers this winter...you should, they work great!

Although, your truck is 400 pounds lighter and has a manual transmission, if you were to install some Strikers and maybe a mild cam, your truck's engine would still be considered Naturally Aspirated.

Or to continue with performance enhancing mods: 11.5:1 pistons, BIG cam, Hogan Intake, 4.88s, injectors, slicks, headers, race fuel, Caltracs.....hmmm...yup!... By Golly!....Still Naturally Aspirated!!

What is your point there, moparracing?

Ron

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back