Spring Drag Meet 2009

Yellow venom said:
kewl site,the elevation is handy too. lowest elevation of 900' that would be around same distance from Calgary-Dallas would be the Interstate drag strip in MN.

As a last double check, run some numbers (say in Mid-May) at a track of choice and see if the DA changes drastically.
Some do, some don't.
Mission might still be the track of choice for a best sea-level pass....

Last edited:
Ronnie....why wait till May? Sacramento is open every weekend , especially Saturdays for test and tune. Lets do this in Jan. or Feb while the air is cool. I am hoping to go in the next 2 weeks or so to try and beat my 12.35 @ 113.22. I'm hoping the new M&H's will be the secret. My old drag radials were 3 seasons old, time for new shoes.

I'll bet I can even get SRTBrad to video. I know John from M&H is interested. I can also get Black Pearl and maybe even Tidnab with the Supertank will show. Maybe even Moparracing (from Portland or Wash). I just wish ArrestMeRed could make it.....Now that would be better than Mammary Monday.

Trainman said:
Ronnie....why wait till May? Sacramento is open every weekend , especially Saturdays for test and tune. Lets do this in Jan. or Feb while the air is cool. I am hoping to go in the next 2 weeks or so to try and beat my 12.35 @ 113.22. I'm hoping the new M&H's will be the secret. My old drag radials were 3 seasons old, time for new shoes.

Trainman (sorry, what is your real name anyway?)

Because I couldn't even get the truck out of the garage right now (snow) and the drive from here to there this time of year can be a nightmare. It is supposed to be -27 here Thursday, Friday, Saturday. My 4x4 would be fine for a trip like that, but the SRT?...not anymore!

I guess I could have the truck shipped but I like to drive and would like to make a bit of a holiday out of it.

I'll watch this thread and see if something will work out weather and time-wise.

I hope the new radials will work for ya!

Ron

Last edited:
Ronnie...you can call me Jerry...I got the call sign Trainman because I collect old Lionel trains. How far above Seattle are you? When will it thaw out ? I think I-5 should be a good route to take south.

Trainman said:
Ronnie...you can call me Jerry...I got the call sign Trainman because I collect old Lionel trains. How far above Seattle are you? When will it thaw out ? I think I-5 should be a good route to take south.

Jerry-

Wow, I remember my Lionel Train when I was a kid. It seemed like it was only about 1/10th the size of a real train! They were big, or at least seemed like it.

We are only 600 miles E.N.E. from Seattle. But we have NO warming influence from the ocean here in Calgary. The low in Seattle Thursday is still above freezing (+40F). Ours is -16F. A big difference.

Our local tracks, if we are lucky, open in May, not before. When we moved here in 1965 it snowed EVERY month of the year! That was an odd one, but it can happen in these parts. We only have around 160 frost-free days a year, average!

Ronnie

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Gee, aughh, I'm not sure what you are trying to read into this post...
If you were to re-read it however, you might see: "I thought it might be FUN"...

Anyway, I thought you posted that you were going to install Strikers this winter...you should, they work great!

Although, your truck is 400 pounds lighter and has a manual transmission, if you were to install some Strikers and maybe a mild cam, your truck's engine would still be considered Naturally Aspirated.

Or to continue with performance enhancing mods: 11.5:1 pistons, BIG cam, Hogan Intake, 4.88s, injectors, slicks, headers, race fuel, Caltracs.....hmmm...yup!... By Golly!....Still Naturally Aspirated!!

What is your point there, moparracing?

Ron
the point - rottenronnie - is that NA is a very broad term.... a stock NA truck (ArrestMeRed's) up against one with a cam & strikers (your's) is worth ~100hp difference....... being on a "level playing field", as you put it, isn't really true if the trucks involved aren't setup the same........ ;)

it certainly seems to bother you that you're @ a higher elevation & a record of some sort seems more than just fun -- look @ your signature : "[email protected] (3000 feet)= Q.C. (N.A.) 1/4 Mile Record Holder "..... :dontknow:

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
I was online with Arrestmered04 last night.

I thought it might be fun to pit a N.A. Reg Cab (his) against a N.A. Quad Cab (mine). They should be very close in performance (like maybe a tenth or less) and are currently the (2) fastest N.A. trucks on the Forum.

He is in Texas, which would be a 2100 mile drive for me. A little too far...

What about having a Spring Meet somewhere in the "middle", like maybe Portland International. Is it a good facility with a well-prepped track?:dontknow: Or maybe one of the other low-altitude tracks??

Anyone interested in coming to race at something like that???

Rotten Ronnie

This sounds like fun :rock: :rock: I might not have a SRT10 but i do have a SRT8

But it will be fun watching this...i might be down to take a road trip to Cali :D :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
LMSRT8 said:
This sounds like fun :rock: :rock: I might not have a SRT10 but i do have a SRT8

But it will be fun watching this...im\ might be down to take a road trip to Cali :D :rock: :rock:

The SRT8 group of vehicles are a blast! I have been trying to talk my wife into an SRT Grand Cherokee for a while now. They are quick; And even better with a few mods!

I just put it out there to see if a gtg could be accomplished in a somewhat "central" location. Florida and L.A. are a long way from here!
We will see where this goes... Maybe Cali WILL be the place.

Rotten

Last edited:
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
ok i just saw this thread, been in el paso workin, sacramento is about 1800 miles for me.

1400 miles for me. Just might make a mini-holiday out of it and go anyway!
Easy math: 1400 miles @ 100 m.p.h....... :)

rottenronnie said:
1400 miles for me. Just might make a mini-holiday out of it and go anyway!
Easy math: 1400 miles @ 100 m.p.h....... :)

Wow!:D So then were just going to take our time to get there then?:burnout: :D

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
you still looking at mid may for a date?

Somewhat open on that one. My time isn't my own much beyond that point but I guess it all depends what works for others??..I can usually make "adjustments", as required.

Ron

i sent an e-mail to the guys at sacramento raceway their website only lists up to april i'll update when they get back to me, trainman do you know of any hotels nearby?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back