Hello everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

razorbackfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I just found this site and it's just what I've been searching for. I currently do not have an SRT but am in the market. I've been doing alot of searching and am ready to pull the trigger. I hope to learn alot from the members here and after I purchase my truck I hope to have as much fun as I see most of you have here. :)

Jeff

Welcome to the Club! So what kind of truck ya lookin to get? RC, QC or year?

welcome ===there are a few on here for sale.

I haven't even looked here yet. I've been searching alot in the last week. I currently don't have a preference but at first I wanted an '05 quadcab as it is the only one that has the flipup seat in the front (I have 4 kids and I would be able to take the whole family somewhere if I wanted). Then after talking with the wife she said to get the one I want so I've started looking at the reg cabs now.
I've heard that the auto has alot less power, is this true? I have my eye on a supercharged '05 reg cab nightrunner right now..

The auto is slower because of the factory torque management. And they are heavier too. If you get a supercharged truck, check to see if it has been forged. If not plan on spending some money to beef up the motor and trans if it is a QC. It will be a ticking time bomb. Eventually it will go Kablooey.

I got a QC too to haul around the family. But I wish I would have gotten the RC first. The kids don't ride with me too much in the truck. Proabably because I don't like to romp on it with the kids in. The truck is too tempting to drive normal:rock:

Oh NO!!!!!

Another Jeff....

Welcome to the family

Jeff

wyoramsrt-10 said:
The auto is slower because of the factory torque management. And they are heavier too. If you get a supercharged truck, check to see if it has been forged. If not plan on spending some money to beef up the motor and trans if it is a QC. It will be a ticking time bomb. Eventually it will go Kablooey.

I got a QC too to haul around the family. But I wish I would have gotten the RC first. The kids don't ride with me too much in the truck. Proabably because I don't like to romp on it with the kids in. The truck is too tempting to drive normal:rock:

Good to know, maybe I'll stick with a stock truck for now. So you would go RC first?

razorbackfan said:
Good to know, maybe I'll stick with a stock truck for now. So you would go RC first?

I had a QC to start with. Sold it to get my supercharged RC. The 6 speed is so much more fun :burnout: IMHO

Yep RC. Same reason as you stated. To haul around the family. But they don't get to ride in the truck too much. If I had to do it over I would gotten the RC. Don't get me wrong both trucks are a blast to drive. As far as getting a supercharged truck or one with bolt ons kinda depends on what you have driven before IMO. If you have owned fast cars before the truck can seem slow. But the size of the truck has some misconception on the speed.

LoveThisTruck said:
Welcome Jeff:rock: I wouldn't be suprised if you found your new truck here

Welcome Jeff, and yes you can find your truck here. No better place to start looking if you ask me. I joined just as you did and found my truck here. Couldn't be happier with my purchase. :rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back