My Weight Reduction

Tooloe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp...after hearing all this talk about cuting stuff to pieces i desided i need to do my front bumper and other stuff.. so i did.. here is what i have so far..

All these things have been removed

Spare tire
Stock Sub an Amps
Washer Fluid bottle
overflow bottle
Break cooling ducts
An now the Front bumper is hacked to hell!:D heres some pictures iv'e got of the bumperi tried to focus more on the front of the truck but i think this will help out alot the washer bottles and overflow full weighed 38lbs.... i took 16'lbs off the bumper could have taken more but the dang hole saw broke on me i'm goig to go to the truck stop here in a little bit after i get cleaned up and weigh the whole truck an see how it looks maybe it's close to the 4700 range "maybe" heres the pictures

Stock
IMG_5791.jpg

Center section cut out
IMG_5793.jpg

Small holes after the hole saw broke
IMG_5794.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

All Done
IMG_5798-1.jpg

i'm fixing to install it back on the truck and see what she weighs will report back!

Sammy11 said:
:dontknow:
they wanted 10 bucks at the love truck stop to weigh the truck i said i'll wait... so i've got no clue what it weighs now.... feels a littl mroe lighter up fron when cornering but thats about it

Tooloe said:
they wanted 10 bucks at the love truck stop to weigh the truck i said i'll wait... so i've got no clue what it weighs now.... feels a littl mroe lighter up fron when cornering but thats about it

What were you expecting? It's 5 bucks for a bag of chips.

phunny said:
What were you expecting? It's 5 bucks for a bag of chips.
lol 9 bucks to roll a truck on the scales i can go down the road to the rock pit tomorrow and get it for free lol.... an yes i know i'm 100% sure i took off at least 10 pounds in the bumper every time i weight the bumper Stock it weighed 53 pounds i knocked it down to 46... with just the middle cut out... of it.... i think it'll make a diffrence i'm happy lol it's a way to waste my christmas break hahah:rock:

OSO said:
Less than 5lbs removed unless you didn't show us something
the washer bottle and overflow tank were 38 pounds full.. thats more than 5!:D the sub weighs 14 pounds so i did ok haha

I see more weight that can be removed should add up to another 3-4lbs just off the bumper mounts. Cross member has another 3+ to pull off. Sheet metal behind the head lights for another 1lbs. Pull the fender and the lower support has holes pressed in it but the piece they cut out is still attached by a small uncut piece maybe .5 lbs but there are a few other assembly braces that can be removed for another .5lbs. Want to get serious about it another ten out of the cab. All of the items i mentioned are unseen when truck is assembled.

Last edited:
OSO said:
I see more weight that can be removed should add up to another 3-4lbs just off the bumper mounts. Cross member has another 3+ to pull off. Sheet metal behind the head lights for another 1lbs. Pull the fender and the lower support has holes pressed in it but the piece they cut out is still attached by a small uncut piece maybe .5 lbs but there are a few other assembly braces that can be removed for another .5lbs. Want to get serious about it another ten out of the cab. All of the item i mentioned are unseen when truck is assembled.
yes sir you are correct i ran out of time today:( but i know this will hurt some peoples eyes when they read this but you can take alot of weigh off the bed to... where our side cladding is located you can take 2 or 3 big squares off the bed sides that are un scene.. there are alot more places to take weight off the truck it can be done.. i want an 11.99 N/A lol

Tooloe said:
yes sir you are correct i ran out of time today:( but i know this will hurt some peoples eyes when they read this but you can take alot of weigh off the bed to... where our side cladding is located you can take 2 or 3 big squares off the bed sides that are un scene.. there are alot more places to take weight off the truck it can be done.. i want an 11.99 N/A lol
I wouldnt cut body panels. But you can remove the brackets for the spare tire mount if you haven't already good 16lbs+ over load springs for another good 20+-

uhhhhhh.... take the bed off. make one from fiberglass or carbon fiber, same with front fenders. same with hood. doo all of those and the truck will weigh 500 less and your wallet will be about 10,000 lighter. that would be seriously fast. you could also remove the frame that hangs past the springs. or best yet do a aluminum frame. that should save like another 400lbs.

scoobert said:
uhhhhhh.... take the bed off. make one from fiberglass or carbon fiber, same with front fenders. same with hood. doo all of those and the truck will weigh 500 less and your wallet will be about 10,000 lighter. that would be seriously fast. you could also remove the frame that hangs past the springs. or best yet do a aluminum frame. that should save like another 400lbs.
you have 1155 posts and your last one is as dumb as the first!!!!!

Tooloe said:
lol 9 bucks to roll a truck on the scales i can go down the road to the rock pit tomorrow and get it for free lol.... an yes i know i'm 100% sure i took off at least 10 pounds in the bumper every time i weight the bumper Stock it weighed 53 pounds i knocked it down to 46... with just the middle cut out... of it.... i think it'll make a diffrence i'm happy lol it's a way to waste my christmas break hahah:rock:

HAH, much better. Use that money for 20 miles of fuel :D

505'sFastestViper. said:
you have 1155 posts and your last one is as dumb as the first!!!!!
He makes it too easy, doesn't he?:D

Back