‘04 RC in Reading PA

Theboy32

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Just became proud owner of a Silver 04 RC w/26k. Purchased from NJ Truck King in Deptford, NJ.

Truck was originally from Illinois area and then sold at Mecum Fall 2023 Auction. Let me know if anyone recognizes it.

It’s got some mild go fast goodies and runs well, but does need a few maintenance issues fixed to get back into proper form. So far the forum has been super helpful, thank you forum members!!IMG_3347.jpeg IMG_3348.jpeg IMG_3354.jpeg

Hi all!

Just became proud owner of a Silver 04 RC w/26k. Purchased from NJ Truck King in Deptford, NJ.

Truck was originally from Illinois area and then sold at Mecum Fall 2023 Auction. Let me know if anyone recognizes it.

It’s got some mild go fast goodies and runs well, but does need a few maintenance issues fixed to get back into proper form. So far the forum has been super helpful, thank you forum members!!View attachment 65877 View attachment 65878 View attachment 65879
What a beautiful truck! I don't recognize it but someone may!

Welcome to the forum!!

Lots of good info and lots of fun on here!

@ViperJeff is the master of the truck info. Check out the truck Registry forum! He may know this truck :cool:

Great to have you!

With the hood (JTSVP?) and ground effects painted/ pinstripe work someone is bound to recognize her! ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure this is her! Beautiful!

829AF27E-D8E1-41A9-A202-5BA578BE1D8A.jpeg

Does present as an “auction vehicle”, but it was unique and close to my location so I figured it was time for a new project.

So far (3 weeks of ownership) I’ve replaced the front suspension bushings/joints/UCA/LCA components, now should be able to pass PA inspection!

It’s got a 2/3 drop on it with Blue colored coil springs and Belltech ND2 front shocks…anyone know what kit this would be?

Only other issue - Will need a rear main seal replacement and figure to do clutch/slave at that point, according to forum knowledge prob just go with stock replacements as it will be just street with occasional spirited driving for me.

I'm thinking you got a great truck! Lots of goodies, low mileage, looks well taken care of!

You could check out JTSVP.com - the kit may have been from them back in the day. Tony is the owner - I'm not that knowledgeable on mods. Others will chime in I'm sure!

What a beautiful truck! I don't recognize it but someone may!

Welcome to the forum!!

Lots of good info and lots of fun on here!

@ViperJeff is the master of the truck info. Check out the truck Registry forum! He may know this truck :cool:
Great to have you!
I’m not recognizing the truck either .
Definitely a nice looking truck ,, I like the paint scheme !
It’s possible the hood may have come from JTSVP he made a few run on hoods with the louvers . I’m curious about the exhaust being as the exhaust exits in the center of the rear bumper area. Do you have any pics of the exhaust and engine ?

Jeff ( @ViperJeff ) is the got to man for info on the 10’s ! He is the registry of the trucks . If you send him or post up the door sticker he can give info he has . If it’s not in the registry he will add it !
Personally I believe you should upgrade the clutch , pressure plate and hydraulic system in the truck ,, from past threads it was done because the factory system had issues and not just for the racing guys . Even the shifter IMO !
JTSVP ( Tony ) AND JMB PERFORMANCE ( Justin )are the go to parts suppliers I recommend . As for tuning the truck , especially after installing power adders Unleashed Tuning (Torrie ) is one of the most trusted go to guys . Technical questions and expertise for a NA build and transmissions is the ever loving @rottenronnie on here , he’s an encyclopedia of info and helping out !
WELCOME TO THE RED BUTTON CLUB !

Thanks for the clutch advice. I have been scouring through jtsvp, jmb, viperstore, partsonlinenetwork, and the forums for mod info and vendors. Will def lookup @ViperJeff.

The exhaust appears to be a modified MF system, 3” from cats to muffler, then 3” dual pipes that angle towards the center rear exit—no spare tire. Sounds very healthy, lovin it!

This is the only pic I’ve got right now. Will get more when I have a chance.

IMG_1181.jpeg
IMG_3352.jpeg

Rear Seal leakage? Clutch seems fine and fluid level is good.
IMG_1177.jpeg

Thanks for the clutch advice. I have been scouring through jtsvp, jmb, viperstore, partsonlinenetwork, and the forums for mod info and vendors. Will def lookup @ViperJeff.

The exhaust appears to be a modified MF system, 3” from cats to muffler, then 3” dual pipes that angle towards the center rear exit—no spare tire. Sounds very healthy, lovin it!

This is the only pic I’ve got right now. Will get more when I have a chance.

View attachment 65886
View attachment 65887

Rear Seal leakage? Clutch seems fine and fluid level is good.
View attachment 65888
You got a fabulous truck! I looked at the mecum listing and it's got lots of nice goodies! lots of good pics there too., Great find!!

@rottenronnie is our encyclopedia as VIPR PWR said and @ViperJeff is the master of the Registry.

Hi all!

It’s got some mild go fast goodies and runs well, but does need a few maintenance issues fixed to get back into proper form. So far the forum has been super helpful, thank you forum members!!View attachment 65877 View attachment 65878 View attachment 65879
Very nice!!!!!

The centre exhausts are a nice touch. Makes me laugh cos people will fall over each other to get a part# for that hahaha. They won't understand it is a one of a kind, custom.

Thanks All, wish I could take credit for but it was one of the 2 previous owners, it’s a subtle change to channel the Viper heritage. I never liked the stock single side exit, prefer dual split.

Here’s another pic, looks like they cut out the rear cross tube support to allow clearance for the pipes.IMG_6887.jpeg

Thanks All, wish I could take credit for but it was one of the 2 previous owners, it’s a subtle change to channel the Viper heritage. I never liked the stock single side exit, prefer dual split.

Here’s another pic, looks like they cut out the rear cross tube support to allow clearance for the pipes.View attachment 65947
The bumper wonder who did that work?

Maybe someone will remember

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back