02-07 Dodge Truck Tall Deep Throat STS Hood, Composite-Tech

Viper7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a picture or one of these hoods installed. Basically its just a bigger, badder version of the srt-10 hood

www.usbodysorce.com

Viper7777 said:
Anyone have a picture or one of these hoods installed. Basically its just a bigger, badder version of the srt-10 hood

www.usbodysorce.com

Put up the link for the one you want us to look at please :dontknow: :D

yes please fix link.. .. or is this it here??

http://www.usbodysource.com/

TDRH-02DT-01.jpg

Last edited:
I also would like to see a pic of this installed.

Man I've been waiting for someone to come out with this. Site says they're in Florida. I going to find out how far this guys are from me, and maybe pay them a visit.

Just to let every one know i have ordered from these guys before. And never had a problem with them or the product.

About 7 years ago i ordered a ram air 2 hood for my 89 firebird. Today i was just surfing there site for some buick skylark stuff an bam i found they make that hood. Which looks killer

Viper7777 said:
Just to let every one know i have ordered from these guys before. And never had a problem with them or the product.

About 7 years ago i ordered a ram air 2 hood for my 89 firebird. Today i was just surfing there site for some buick skylark stuff an bam i found they make that hood. Which looks killer

Yes it does look purdy. I've been looking for one since I saw ROZ-SRT sig. That hood should look sick on our trucks. I also noticed that the doesn't have the hole cut out for the vent. I looks like it will need a custom grill also.

The front of this hood looks like it is made to recieve another part. Is this a direct replacement? Does it have true "ram air", uitilizing HP area by the cowl??:dontknow: :dontknow:

Hey litemup -- when you go visit them see if they can make or already have a one piece tilt front end and full bed for our trucks ---weight reduction possibilities-----Jim

nycstev said:
The front of this hood looks like it is made to recieve another part. Is this a direct replacement? Does it have true "ram air", uitilizing HP area by the cowl??:dontknow: :dontknow:
The "scoop" on the front of our trucks is a vent for heat to come out; it' not for cold air to go in.

Due to the aerodynamics (LMAO) of our trucks, the scoop on the hood receives very little air. There are dozens of threads and video to back that up.
So, to answer your question: No. No ram air.

You will need to add your original grille shell (aka the 'nose cone') to the hood.
Trim the edges, prime it, paint it, clear it.
Unless you're Stinker. Then you just bolt it on and slap a big ol' sticker over it. :D

The price answered the composite question for me.
With a price of $700 it's a "composite" of fiber and glass. :)

Kevan said:
The "scoop" on the front of our trucks is a vent for heat to come out; it' not for cold air to go in.

Due to the aerodynamics (LMAO) of our trucks, the scoop on the hood receives very little air. There are dozens of threads and video to back that up.

You will need to add your original grille shell (aka the 'nose cone') to the hood.
Unless you're Stinker. Then you just bolt it on and slap a big ol' sticker over it. :D

I also believe,That due to the aerodynamics the only time it can let heat out is when you are stopped,Or moving very slowly.:dontknow:

The air flow in the trucks engine bay is kinda odd. It seems to be 'reversed': hot air is allowed to escape (instead of cool air being forced in).

A couple more questions about the hoods:
- Can the factory hood liner be attached (via the same holes)?
- Can the factory underhood lamp be attached?

That looks pretty good!! I wish the opening for the scoop was larger. . .

Good find!! :rock:

Venom Power said:
That almost looks like that killer hood on your picture ROZ..

Pretty dang close. To suite my tastes, I'd want the scoop "hole" to be larger to match the rest of the hood. . . :rock:

Kevan said:

Ha! I know about the front scoop. This has been rehashed over again.!
I meant the BACK OF THE HOOD where the high pressure area exists at the cowl < By the windshield!!!

nycstev said:
Ha! I know about the front scoop. This has been rehashed over again.!
I meant the BACK OF THE HOOD where the high pressure area exists at the cowl < By the windshield!!!
Ahhhh.....gotcha.
My guess: another heat vent.
:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back