'04 Silver RC for sale - needs motor

LaForza

Reaction score
Hey all. Been registered here for years but not active. Hopefully I followed forum guidelines by supporting the site before posting this sale as my post count is too low. My apologies if I missed something.

I'm the 2nd owner of this truck and had it since 2005. It's been a daily driver for some time and has a good amount of cosmetic wear as a result. Truck likely needs a motor.

I'll keep the details light on here for now and post the craigslist link for any interested. I'm open to honest feedback. Feel free to tell me I'm asking too much or too little, or if you'd like any further info.

2004 Dodge Ram SRT 10

I knew I'd see you post it here eventually! The screen name was a dead giveaway based on our conversation. Good luck with the sale!

Your truck looks well used. Your price is fair, GLWS.

I knew I'd see you post it here eventually! The screen name was a dead giveaway based on our conversation. Good luck with the sale!

Thank you. Finally got around to it. All my hopes of another motor pretty much dissolved when that one we spoke about sold.

There was a guy here looking for a RC in silver recently. I think I remember him mentioning something about having a 10 in the past and trading it in for a tundra.

Thank you. Finally got around to it. All my hopes of another motor pretty much dissolved when that one we spoke about sold.

There is one in the DMV for sale on craigslist. I think it was motor/trans for $7k OBO. Not sure what you were trying to spend on it.

GLWS!

There is one in the DMV for sale on craigslist. I think it was motor/trans for $7k OBO. Not sure what you were trying to spend on it.

GLWS!

Appreciate the info. I did contact that seller not long ago but he won't part with just the ''mortar''. I also don't know how much changed from 04-05 on the motors. If it's as simple as swapping the oil pan no biggie. That motor has 62k on it though and after what happened with this one, I would have the heads pulled and inspected before using it and put the new valvetrain I have in there. Just don't have the money to do it all unfortunately. I think I'd rather sell the truck as is to someone that can do it justice. Showing it to a couple people this week so who knows.

I have already personally looked at this truck and it is not in bad shape, the pictures make it look worse than it is IMO.

I do have an offer on the truck, unfortunately not enough for him to part with it. If anyone wants the information I have dug up on the truck, warranty history, car fax, book value etc. I'd be happy to share.

The cancer in the bedside does it for me:( Makes me wonder how the truck looks underneith.:dontknow:

The cancer in the bedside does it for me:( Makes me wonder how the truck looks underneith.:dontknow:

Not as bad as you'd think. There was an impact from something coming up off the road that cracked the paint and caused the rust. The passenger side is solid.

I have a low mileage stock motor and a spare Roe setup that would fit in there nicely. Too far away for me though.

I really should've brought it outside and taken some better pics. Those were taken by a buddy as he was at the shop which is a little hike from my location. Told him to make sure he got the trouble spots for an honest post but that's pretty much all you see in those. Trying to get over there this week but I have to actually be in the same state first... I do have the wing as well but not the bolts for it. If there's any interest in more specific pics please let me know.

Not as bad as you'd think. There was an impact from something coming up off the road that cracked the paint and caused the rust. The passenger side is solid.

Yep that spot is a concentrated one from a split in the inner fender. Horrible miss by me when I inspected it after something kicked up in the well. It's not the inner fender rot that can happen on some trucks. Having it outside while I stayed out of state with work for over a month was a poor decision. During that time it split and began to rust. No excuse I should've caught it but it's definitely not widespread.

No offense but I really think your going to have a tough time even getting that much for it... 1. Motor blown beyond repair. 2. Almost 100K miles on truck. 3. Truck has been beat to shit (rusting bedside, front lower lip busted, rear bumper damaged by what looks like two separate incidents in rear and on side.) Trust me I'm not trying to sound like a dick even though I probably do. I just think you will make out better parting this thing out because as a whole someone is realistically going to have to invest a minimum of $20K and that's just to bring it back to "nice" standards.

A few years ago there was a guy on here (or maybe the other forum) that parted out a complete working truck, everyone thought he was nuts but he ended up getting a lot more for all the bits and pieces than he ever would have selling the truck as a whole.

Last edited:
No offense but I really think your going to have a tough time even getting that much for it... 1. Motor blown beyond repair. 2. Almost 100K miles on truck. 3. Truck has been beat to shit (rusting bedside, front lower lip busted, rear bumper damaged by what looks like two separate incidents in rear and on side.) Trust me I'm not trying to sound like a dick even though I probably do. I just think you will make out better parting this thing out because as a whole someone is realistically going to have to invest a minimum of $20K and that's just to bring it back to "nice" standards.

I take no offense. I wouldn't have posted the info on here if I wasn't looking for honest opinions. Put it on here more for some insight as to what it's worth in this condition then to find a buyer. Just don't have the facilities to part it out. It's stored indoors at a shop now but will eventually have to move.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back