05-06 Front Calipers

Pirana131313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a set nice set for sale?

Dealer wants way to much, i'd like to upgrade from the '04's.

Your just doing them for looks, right?? When I looked into this before I was told there was no increase in performance just looks and 4X the price.........

04 are 2 piston units while 05-06 are true 4 Piston units. You can get these from several of the vendors on the forum but you MAY NOT get your Core charges back so you might want to ask them what they would charge extra to let you upgrade.

Your just doing them for looks, right?? When I looked into this before I was told there was no increase in performance just looks and 4X the price.........

That's right.

I want them for the looks, to be able to say I have the 4 Pistons, to get the stock one's outta there and fresh everything up in hope's that I don't ever have one seize on me.

And i'm still curious as to weather they grip harder or not, even though people have already done this.

04 are 2 piston units while 05-06 are true 4 Piston units. You can get these from several of the vendors on the forum but you MAY NOT get your Core charges back so you might want to ask them what they would charge extra to let you upgrade.

Who sells the 4 Piston's?

So do the 05-06 calipers bolt on or do you need to swap brackets also?

The 04 is a 2 piece sliding unit that has pistons in one side only. The 05 -06 is a one piece fixed unit that has pistons on both sides and does not move because the pistons move instead. They do have more gripping power because there is more surface area on the top of the piston for the fluid to apply force to the pads.

And yes they are a bolt on.

The 04 is a 2 piece sliding unit that has pistons in one side only. The 05 -06 is a one piece fixed unit that has pistons on both sides and does not move because the pistons move instead. They do have more gripping power because there is more surface area on the top of the piston for the fluid to apply force to the pads.

Perfect explanation

Awesome :tee: Exactly what I was thinking, more surface area.

I may sell mine soon after I finish the brakes I'm working on but it's going to be a little while

I may sell mine soon after I finish the brakes I'm working on but it's going to be a little while

What brakes are you going with??

Nice build btw, that matte black is sweet man.

Let me know on the calipers, i'd love to get the ball rolling on them.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back