05-06 RCs 4.56s

00SVTStrike

Reaction score
Ok, so am I correct that the 05 and 06 RC trucks run 4.56s stock?

If so, what kind of documented performance differences are there? Ive been debating 4.56s in my 04 truck, but unsure where to source a carrier and if its even worth it in the end?

I just put 4.88 in mine still havent drove it yet. Hope there will be a big difference

never had a 4.10, but i love my 4.56. and i have heaqrd many people here say they are they best all around for drivability aswell as raceing.

:rock:
I just put 4.88 in mine still havent drove it yet. Hope there will be a big difference

i have heard a couple people that have gone back to 4.56 after 4.88, but im not sure they were pushing the power yours will be:rock::rock::rock:

interested to see how it works out

Cool. I have made the mistake of going too deep on gears before... I want that pefect all around gear.... just wasnt sure if it makes significant difference. I know with the 4.10s I have PLENTY of room in OD for more gear haha.

Oh yea, I've said it before! The truck is a slug in 6th with the 4:10 !!! I put in 4.56 and love it around town!

4:56's are the way to go:rock::)

Sorry if this has been covered, but where is the best place to get the set up from (for the 4.56)? This is something I would love to do to my truck, but not sure where to get parts from, and need to find someone trustworthy to do it.

Honestly, due to the 22" wheels they should all come with 4.88!
6th is, as said, a slug and could use more rear gear. I bet mileage would increase on hwy. This is with 4.56 in mine. I love 1-5th but 6th at less than 70 is no good lugging the engine. Most rarely see 6th in daily driving.

4:56 gets you to 62MPH in second. I am sure 4:88 would cause you to shift to 3rd to get to 60mph but I could be wrong.

I still have my 4.10 and do not plan on changing, well unless I dump my Roe... Not going to happen.

I have had all three

4.10 will let you wind through the gear way further before shifting,but for a stock engine they are just too high

4.56 is really good gear ratio,makes truck feel more powerful ,feels good in town or on Interstate at 80mph

4.88 is just too low,way too much shifting,makes truck feel like driving a dump truck,sure 6th is better but at the expense of all the others

the more HP/Torque that you have,the higher gears you can run

If you are running the 1/4 regularly the 4.10 won't need to be shifted as much and will allow you to get off the line better

all opinions stated above are mine and reflect my personal experience
Your experience or opinion may be different :aetsch:

I have had all three

4.10 will let you wind through the gear way further before shifting,but for a stock engine they are just too high

4.56 is really good gear ratio,makes truck feel more powerful ,feels good in town or on Interstate at 80mph

4.88 is just too low,way too much shifting,makes truck feel like driving a dump truck,sure 6th is better but at the expense of all the others

the more HP/Torque that you have,the higher gears you can run

If you are running the 1/4 regularly the 4.10 won't need to be shifted as much and will allow you to get off the line better

all opinions stated above are mine and reflect my personal experience
Your experience or opinion may be different :aetsch:

Great response, and it backs up my assumption that 4:10s just arent quiiiiite enough... But it only needs a bit more gear....

Great response, and it backs up my assumption that 4:10s just arent quiiiiite enough... But it only needs a bit more gear....

My opinion is that 4.30 would be a really great gear,better than 4.10 but not as low as 4.56, but I couldn't find those for the DANA Super 60 :(

On the track with 4.56 gears you will use most of 4th gear. With the 4:10s you won't be able to stay in 3rd without hitting the rev limiter And that extra shift kills your trap speed! So 4:56 is the best all round gear ! IMHO !!!!!

On the track with 4.56 gears you will use most of 4th gear. With the 4:10s you won't be able to stay in 3rd without hitting the rev limiter And that extra shift kills your trap speed! So 4:56 is the best all round gear ! IMHO !!!!!

Not following your logic here : four shifts with 4.10's hurt but four shifts with 4.56 help ? :dontknow::hmmmm:

I will add that 3.90 (IF ,and only IF,you have a strong engine !) would probably be great JUST FOR TRACK USE

I can't shift or run the track well enough for it to matter to me,so I say go with 4.56 unless someone offers a 4.30

Last edited:
I'm actually going to 4.10's in my 05 QC, which I think will be killer at the track and on the highway. Just need to find a shop to install them.

I'm actually going to 4.10's in my 05 QC, which I think will be killer at the track and on the highway. Just need to find a shop to install them.

Not sure about the QC with auto,but that sounds like a good plan for the highway,not sure about the track.But,really,how much time do we spend at the track anyway ? Daily drivability makes more sense.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back