05 or 06 brakes

chargerman426

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about putting 05 or 06 brake caliper on my 04 ram. My question is could I just go down to Autozone and pick up a new 05 or 06 caliper?

I have heard the 04 were 2 piston and 05-06 are 4 piston, but yeild the same stopping power/distance.

Don't they mount in a different spot also ?

I know the company I just bought my brakes from sells rebuilt calipers or maybe they are new i dunno. Brake Rotors Discs Pads Brakes Cross Drilled & Slotted you could try on there and see a ballpark price to start.

if you switch yours out, let me know. I'll buy your calipers off you. if you want to sell them.

I have even seen them on ebay pretty cheap.

as far as autozone, I'm sure you can buy them there, I don't know if they will be OEM mopars or a different brand.

So I'm thinking about putting 05 or 06 brake caliper on my 04 ram. My question is could I just go down to Autozone and pick up a new 05 or 06 caliper?

I work at AutoZone, I will check and see if we can get them tomorrow and if they are any good.

Look for my repost around 3pm est.

Yep that's right. I'm doing this for looks only, I want to do JMBs red powder coat with the viper decals.

The mounts are close enough that the 05s will bolt right up accortung to the sticky thread I saw on here.

I think eBay is going to be the place to get them but I only fin ones for the regular 1500s

I want to keep all of my origanal stuff just incase I need them.

I work at AutoZone, I will check and see if we can get them tomorrow and if they are any good.

Look for my repost around 3pm est.

Sweet. I saw that they carried them but they didn't have a picture. Like I said this is mainly for looks so if they don't look like the 05-06s theres no point in going with Autozone.

If I remember right (my memory sucks), you should be able to bolt on the 05/06 calipers with nothing else needed other than the hardware. The lines are slightly different, but I was able to bend them into the proper place.

Sorry I didnt post this earlier, They asked me to stay late. The 06 caliper is not available through Autozone. They did list an 05 caliper for $131 a piece but no picture. I am not sure if the 05 and 06 is the same. Autozone's computer system is about 20 years old and a bit wonky.

Where are you located?

Sorry I didnt post this earlier, They asked me to stay late. The 06 caliper is not available through Autozone. They did list an 05 caliper for $131 a piece but no picture. I am not sure if the 05 and 06 is the same. Autozone's computer system is about 20 years old and a bit wonky.

Where are you located?

Yeah trust me I know the systems old most of time I will just look up the parts my self since I don't feeling like answering all of the dumb questions like does it have A/C when all I need is a set of brake pads. I know the 05s and 06s are the same so its strange how they say they have an 05 but not 06. The 131 is that with or without a core? Im in MD.

Yeah trust me I know the systems old most of time I will just look up the parts my self since I don't feeling like answering all of the dumb questions like does it have A/C when all I need is a set of brake pads. I know the 05s and 06s are the same so its strange how they say they have an 05 but not 06. The 131 is that with or without a core? Im in MD.

Just double checked,
$107 and a $59 dollar core charge each.

Not sure how I remembered $131, Look up so many damn parts a day must have got confused. I know on my 06 they are Brembo calipers, I am not sure if they are the same from Autozone. More than likely they are Duralast.

Ahh so stock is Brembo? I though it was just Dodge of the shelf stuff so i wouldn't think it mattered where I bought them from.

stock are not brembo there made by......ah crap can't remember! its like T something...... but I bought a oem set of ebay for a pretty good deal. I would do the same if I were you. since you dont need them to drive jsut take your time.

Yep that's right. I'm doing this for looks only, I want to do JMBs red powder coat with the viper decals.

The mounts are close enough that the 05s will bolt right up accortung to the sticky thread I saw on here.

I think eBay is going to be the place to get them but I only fin ones for the regular 1500s

I want to keep all of my origanal stuff just incase I need them.

yeah thats why I need a set, core price from justin is 700.00

I wanna get powdercoated as well.

Yep thats were im planning on going to get them looking good. I need to find a set first.

stock are not brembo there made by......ah crap can't remember! its like T something...... but I bought a oem set of ebay for a pretty good deal. I would do the same if I were you. since you dont need them to drive jsut take your time.

TRW:itsme:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back