05 qc 112k for 14k...a deal?

A QC SRT-10 gets 8/15 MPG. If you put a 24' trailer behind it with a 3500# race car it will probably be back down to 7 MPG. I think a gear change will get you up to 10 MPG..
These trucks get the worst fuel economy out of anything I've ever owned.
Tell us about your race car, what is it? Combo? & what's it run?

If you already know the tranny is "iffy", and you want better gas mileage, you could do a six speed swap. For between $5000 an $7500, you would dramatically improve the transmission situation, and get 17-18 mpg

1986 Monte carlo Ss
496 bbc
Th400
Trans brake
250 kit
Dana 60 rear
Full cage
Car certified to 8.50s
I just bought it last week. It's being shipped here from Michigan.

Trying to figure out how to post pix

Oh lol. I see the pic decided to upload too after I gave up on it

Go buy it already

A few things to look for.

Open the hood, look on the passenger side of the engine at the front. There is an oil cooler with some lines run to it. These lines will leak. There are aftermarket lines sold by vendors. I have had JTSVP lines on my previous and current truck with no issues.
Does the transmission slip? Does it hunt between gears?
Does the power steering leak?
Any aftermarket parts or wiring done by previous owner?
Any bodywork done?

I'm gonna talk to em tomorrow about it even though I still haven't made up my mind if it's right for me
Thanks for the pointers

Thanks sick

My whole dilemma is having something nice that can tow the Monte. I don't like plain silverados, ford at all, or HEMI trucks. Plus I don't think they're rated to pull 7000lbs from what I've seen. Just stumbled on 08 suburban ltz that is nice and can handle it. I may do that instead. I really like the srt10 but I just don't think it's practical. Plus if I blow up the suburban, I've got plenty of replacement parts so that's another plus

We shall see

Thanks sick

My whole dilemma is having something nice that can tow the Monte. I don't like plain silverados, ford at all, or HEMI trucks. Plus I don't think they're rated to pull 7000lbs from what I've seen. Just stumbled on 08 suburban ltz that is nice and can handle it. I may do that instead. I really like the srt10 but I just don't think it's practical. Plus if I blow up the suburban, I've got plenty of replacement parts so that's another plus

We shall see

I have a 2013 3500 Cummins Laramie, and I pull a 20ft and 24ft car hauler trailor full of tools for work. I would always highly recommend the cummins. Not to mention its super comfy interior. These things, if taken care of, will outrun anything else on the road.

I just don't want to spend that much for a truck. 20 is my max. And I don't want an old one.

I would pass on the 10 & go with your second choice. You mentioned yourself finding parts for a used vehicle. We all have had or are currently having problems finding parts for our 10's & when we do find them they are expensive. These are Muscle Trucks, not Work Trucks. Good Luck with whatever you end up with.

Well I got something And I know you all have been worried about me so bam, here I am to clear the air lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Lelwlejwwl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46
Skalemsnamm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
If I were you, I would secure the vehicle on the trailer a bit different. Ever see one dance off the side due to bounce?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back