'05 QC TRANNY CONVERSION with an '04

Yellow venom

Boosted Venom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What EXACTLY is all involved in a tranny conversion form my '05 QC auto to/from an '04 RC 6speed??
Wiring harness??
I know, tranny, peddles, console, shifter columns, Shorten the QC driveshaft,
What about ECM's??

It's a pretty easy swap honestly and you can do it in a day,basically you need tranny,bellhousing,clutch,flywheel,console,pedals,cupholder delete,shifter,and a pigtail for reverse lights that's really about it oh you need the master cylinder bracket for the clutch and a bracket for the resivoir and retune the computer as a Rc

OK,for the computer,I know I can delete the auto tranny programming on my computer but can the 04 guy add the auto tranny programming to his computer??
And being his is an 04 is there any wiring harness that he will need to add?

Interesting question. From what I have found from others who have done the swap, the easiest route is to just get a 2005 RC engine computer for your 05 QC. That's what I am going to be doing. Just get another computer. If I am right (and others can chime in) I have heard that it is not possible to completely remove all the automatic ECU's programming and can cause problems....

I don't know for sure about that ECU issue... but for a 6-speed truck i'm going to run a 6-speed ECU

you do not need a new PCM....all you need is a flash it for a RC..and yes you can flash an rc pcm to work with a QC . as for the wirining good luck...if you were just doing the 6 speed in the qc its easy. but an auto on an rc its gonna be hard..unless you guys are gonna swap the full dash and engine harness.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back