05 Stock PCM for Automatic

500 is what we purchase these for if in good condition actually, his price is on target.

My offer stands at 500 pending confirmation of function.

Simply drop a note on here or PM that you want to complete the sale, and ship to:

Viper Specialty Performance
85 Oriskany Dr.
Tonawanda, NY 14150

We check it out, rate condition, and drop a check in the mail to you... simple as that.

Last edited:
In perfect working order - $500.
I had extra for my auto 06 and when I took them to get my vin put in them to have as extras for future just in case the place told me to hold on to them cause they are difficult to get and expensive if you do find a place to get one. They charged me $50 a piece to put my vin in them and I tried them both in my truck and worked perfect. :)

500 is what we purchase these for if in good condition actually, his price is on target.

My offer stands at 500 pending confirmation of function.

Simply drop a note on here or PM that you want to complete the sale, and ship to:

Viper Specialty Performance
85 Oriskany Dr.
Tonawanda, NY 14150

We check it out, rate condition, and drop a check in the mail to you... simple as that.

Thanks Dan, I will let you know tomorrow. I may have it sold.

Is there an internal difference between the auto and manual PCM's? Can a manual PCM be reprogrammed for an auto? If not I may be interested if this isn't already sold. I have a spare unit for my 06 RC but not sure if it can be reprogrammed to use in my 05 QC if needed.

Is there an internal difference between the auto and manual PCM's? Can a manual PCM be reprogrammed for an auto? If not I may be interested if this isn't already sold. I have a spare unit for my 06 RC but not sure if it can be reprogrammed to use in my 05 QC if needed.

This is a topic of much debate. I know people that have used a RC PCM in a QC with no problems. I also know someone who is using a PCM that was never programmed to their VIN with no problems. Neither of those scenarios is "supposed" to work.

In general, there are Three primary hardware requirements/variations of the JTEC+ ECU for the Ram V10 application:

1. Manual, No Knock Control [04 Ram SRT]

2. Manual w/Knock Control [05-06 Ram SRT RC]

3. Automatic w/Knock Control [05-06 Ram SRT QC]

As stated, these are the primary versions that apply to the V10. There are MANY sub versions of the JTEC+ depending on programming language, interface type, cylinder counts, coil counts, major accessories, etc.

Now, that said, it is always possible to "downgrade" an ECU via flash programming. You can run a #3 in any of those applications; 3 in a 1, 2 in a 1, etc. You cannot however do the reverse. As such, it is not impossible to find Auto ECU's on the shelf labeled as Manual. I have certainly seen a couple. They can usually be identified by either a double sticker, or a label that looks like it has been peeled off and stuck back on. At one point, Chrysler likely had plenty of extras, so they filled stock with them.

Last edited:
In general, there are 4 primary hardware requirements/variations of the JTEC+ ECU:

1. Manual, No Knock Control [04 Ram SRT/ 03-04 Viper]

2. Manual w/Knock Control [05-06 Viper]

3. Manual w/Knock Control [05-06 Ram SRT RC]

4. Automatic w/Knock Control [05-06 Ram SRT QC]

As stated, these are the primary versions There are MANY sub versions depending on programming language, interface type, cylinder counts, coil counts, major accessories, etc.

Now, that said, it is always possible to "downgrade" an ECU via flash programming. You can run a #4 in any of those applications. Same for a 3 in 2, 2 in 1, etc. You cannot however do the reverse. As such, it is not impossible to find Auto ECU's on the shelf labeled as Manual. I have certainly seen a couple. They can usually be identified by either a double sticker, or a label that looks like it has been peeled off and stuck back on. At one point, Chrysler likely had plenty of extras, so they filled stock with them.
Interesting. This explains why the '04 PCM is the least desirable and also explains why some people seem to get away with running the "wrong" PCM.

Just a note, I slimmed down my original response and removed the Viper references, as they cloud the issue. There are technically Five variations including Viper, but they just appear like duplications on the surface.

And yes, you are correct. Desirability comes from the level of difficulty it is to convert one type into another. The more it is missing, the more time consuming it is to complete the conversion. At this time, it is only cost effective to modify hardware to go from Ram RC to Ram QC, or to repair QC ECU hardware if possible as Reman units. In the future, when supplies dwindle further, it may become economical to make a larger stretch in production. It CAN be done, but its a lot of work.

Last edited:
I've got the one from my 05 quad cab for sale. I'd take 500 for it . My number is 850 304 4821. I also have a sct tuner with 3 tunes I'd sell with it for alittle more money. I've already sold my engine on ebay awhile ago, so I guess I can list them on there if anyone's interested also that way you could be protected by PayPal. Thanks

Wow, just realized this is an old post. In either case I still got the ecm and tuner.

Redygo I didn't get your text, you can give me a call at 305 923 9783 or send a text.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back