'05 taillights in a '08?

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the taillights from a '05 or related truck replace the tacky ones in the '08's?

If so, anyone have a decent set of '05's for sale?

No wont even come close....the earlier lights are much smaller...the fender is also diffrent...as is the bumber cover

2005:
2005DodgeRamPowerWagonRearView.jpg

2008:
1292862415_148310760_2-VERT-NICE-2008-Dodge-Ram-Pickup-1500-SXT-Spring.jpg

I remember someone with a '04 or '05 RC, silver w/black stripes(also twin turbo) and they did a '07 or '08 taillight swap. I just can not remember their screen name. :(

No wont even come close....the earlier lights are much smaller...the fender is also diffrent...as is the bumber cover
I can see it now: Paul cracks open the 5th or 6th cold one, sits down in front of the computer, reads a post asking for help from a homie on the VTCoA, breezes through the question - something about headlights and different model years, then writes out an oh so helpful response. :D

Yes they are the same but you have to do some rewiring if I remember correctly

I can see it now: Paul cracks open the 5th or 6th cold one, sits down in front of the computer, reads a post asking for help from a homie on the VTCoA, breezes through the question - something about headlights and different model years, then writes out an oh so helpful response. :D

No it was number 8 that turned me straight retard.....sometimes i even surprise myself...

The tail light shape is the same. I'm 99% sure of that because I was going to swap tail lights with an 06 and an 08 and they fit in if I recall but the plugs were different, so I didn't bother swapping them.

Tails have been the same since like 1984 right?....connectors changed during the introduction of can buss 2006...arent the bulb sockets the same tho?

Tails have been the same since like 1984 right?....connectors changed during the introduction of can buss 2006...arent the bulb sockets the same tho?

The light bulbs themselves probably are the same but the plug in part on the light assembly was changed when the made the lens shape change.

No they've been the same since 2002. Gen 2 rams do not fit. The circuit boards are slightly different but should still work. 2 screws hold circuit board/bulb panel to light housing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back