06 QC No Start /No Spark

505dart

Reaction score
I posted this on another site, but looking for all the help I can get. I went out to start my truck after about 1 1/2 weeks and it just cranks over. So far I checked for spark , and have none, checked PCM connections, and checked wires by exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I posted this on another site, but looking for all the help I can get. I went out to start my truck after about 1 1/2 weeks and it just cranks over. So far I checked for spark , and have none, checked PCM connections, and checked wires by exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Change Cam/Crank sensor bud. Cheap sensors that are extremely important.

Clogged fuel filter maybe??..have had it happened to me now and then over the years in other vehicles. But as I recall our filter is inside the gas tank.

Battery tested good. Replaced crank sensor, still nothin. Have to order cam sensor as no one local has it

dude another -10 with these problems... this is sad.

i think its because this is the best place to get info & help with our beasts.
we have been workin on this status for a few years now & ya know that folks talk:rock::rock::rock:

Battery tested good. Replaced crank sensor, still nothin. Have to order cam sensor as no one local has it

We have no fuel filter ;)
You can remove cap from shraeder valve and depress valve and get a sample of gas and ensure it's flammable on the concrete in a safe spot somewhere. Just to rule out bad gas. You can go to your auto parts store and rent a fuel pressure tester and hook to same valve. Should see 58-60psi.
Check all fuses if you haven't done so. I'm assuming you've tried obvious things therefore I recommend cam/crank sensor.
Good luck

Change Cam/Crank sensor bud. Cheap sensors that are extremely important.

if the puter don't see #1 cyl. it can't make its calcuations to fire the engine.
most of the time the crank sensor is for r.p.m. & if it craps out the cam sensor can act as an r.p.m. feed also, usually in limp home mode

if the puter don't see #1 cyl. it can't make its calcuations to fire the engine.
most of the time the crank sensor is for r.p.m. & if it craps out the cam sensor can act as an r.p.m. feed also, usually in limp home mode

Yup and limp mode consists of an odd firing to prevent engine damage but runs like crap is what we feel. Cam sensor issue will cause terrible misfiring and in my my personal case 3 foot flames from my side exit exhaust with accompanying cannon fire sound. Other scenario is a no start condition by (I believe) magnetized sensor becoming unmagnetized somehow by rotating cam gear.
Not too many things will give us a no start.
It's a sync thing and they need to read correctly and in time.
On DRB or good scanner you can see cam sensor triggers Half as often as crank. We are talking numbers in the 1000's for crank at cruise and cam will be 2000 and at all times these need to correspond as such. If one is off the sync is off and cylinders can fire at wrong time as well as not fire every time.

So even though the battery tested ok, I stopped and got one yesterday on the way home. I put it in and the truck fired right up. I started it a half dozen times and it was fine. I went out today and right back to cranking with no start. Voltage was fine, I even hooked cables up to my other truck to make sure. Any ideas? Thanks again for all the help. BTW I still don't have the cam sensor

Last edited:
since ya swapped the battery out ya had the cables off & the puter reset.

might try taken the batt. cables off again, i like to do both cables, wait a few min. & hook them back up & see if she starts "normal" again.

some folks say to put the cables together on a reset, not sure on this one

if she does, maybe ECM actin up on ya???

saw on the news this mornin Chrysler has admitted to alot of probs with that TIPM. does the TIPM figure in with the startin/runnin of the engine???

Last edited:
I disconnected cables and still no luck. I checked all the fuses again and checked all the grounds I could find. The cam sensor is supposed to be in tomorrow so hopefully that's the problem. If not, I'm not sure what to do next

I disconnected cables and still no luck. I checked all the fuses again and checked all the grounds I could find. The cam sensor is supposed to be in tomorrow so hopefully that's the problem. If not, I'm not sure what to do next
no check engine light or codes? Usually would throw something even if it doesn't turn on. I had same issue but mine would throw a check engine and spit out a p1389 which turned out to be a short in the engine harness. Check that no wires are touching or have melted against the manifolds or anywhere along the exhaust. One member had it happen and it turned out to be an o2 sensor wire was grounded out against his exhaust.

I've checked codes with the key, Matco scanner and sct. I've checked the wires by the manifolds but not further back. I'm not sure why it started so many times without issue and now won't. I'll try the cam sensor and check wires a little more. Thanks

Can you confirm that when you turn the key, your fuel pump primes, and the ECU is actually operational? Are you able to link to the ECU with the scanners?

i'm not the technical man here , but did u check if any cables are melting somewhere against the exhaust ?

had something like that in the past with my Hemi-truck...:dontknow:

I've checked codes with the key, Matco scanner and sct. I've checked the wires by the manifolds but not further back. I'm not sure why it started so many times without issue and now won't. I'll try the cam sensor and check wires a little more. Thanks

Again, it's turning over just won't start correct? Check fuses 51+52 they have little covers over them. If good cam sensor that sucker.

check the stab connector at the starter.(the small wire) I had mine loosen off and had the same issue. No engine spin sporatically until it just would not start. reinstalled the wire and all is good again

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back