06 RC Dip Stick Length

oldcolt

Striker Heads and Cam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could someone measure their trucks dip stick for me? I have been adding more than 8 litres of oil during oil changes. I am concerned there is too much oil in the oil pan. The dip stick in my truck is 27.5" from the tip to the plug. Thanks.:)

You should be using more than 8. It calls for 8.5 if i remember correctly. But both my trucks were almost 10 to the top of the crosshatch. I assure you, your dipstick is the correct length. Fill your filter with oil before installing. Add 8-8.5 quarts of oil to the pan. Check it. add more if needed, drive it, then check again.

QC are usually spot on at 8.5... RC will often take almost 10, and not even touch the dipstick with 8.5, Put 10 in a QC and you risk rear main seal damage.

Last edited:
You should be using more than 8. It calls for 8.5 if i remember correctly. But both my trucks were almost 10 to the top of the crosshatch. I assure you, your dipstick is the correct length. Fill your filter with oil before installing. Add 8-8.5 quarts of oil to the pan. Check it. add more if needed, drive it, then check again.

QC are usually spot on at 8.5... RC will often take almost 10, and not even touch the dipstick with 8.5, Put 10 in a QC and you risk rear main seal damage.

Thanks Jeff. :rock::rock:

It has been taking 10 to fill.

Just to add to the confusion, I checked at a dealership and their service books says 8 litres for 06. I dug out my manual and what do you know...9.5 litres!

Guys on here know best!:rock::rock::rock:

Im just posting according to Chrysler specs which may or may not be right but just more information for everyone so they know what the factory specs are.
2004-2005 8.2 Litres (8.75 Quarts)
2006 8.0 Litres (8.5 Quarts)
2004-2005 engine overhaul 9.4 Litres (10 Quarts)

Dragon

Just did an oil change on my 04 a couple weeks ago. I filled the oil filter as usual and put 9 quarts in it. So 9.5 quarts and it read a 1/4" down from the max line on the dip stick.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back