06 srt 10 quad cab, SCT tune or not?

lots of new posts sense I checked last... well i hope that my truck doesn't do a 10-1=9 like yours. I ordered it from tony today at JTS venom performance ( he gets them from torrie ). I was thinking when the tune comes in next week ill run down to rogers mn to put it on the dyno right after i install it, to check the numbers out just to be sure ( would like to get dyno numbers anyways )

ill run down to rogers mn to put it on the dyno right after i install it, to check the numbers out just to be sure ( would like to get dyno numbers anyways )
That's what every email tune user should do. I did the same thing last weekend with my truck(not a 10). I like to make sure my air/fuel is safe. With tons of research you can usually find out how much timing is safe or not and hopefully they dont put too much for the octane used.

Dyno before the tune & then again after installing the tune. Try to do it the same day, using the same dyno & the same person doing the dyno.

lots of new posts sense I checked last... well i hope that my truck doesn't do a 10-1=9 like yours. I ordered it from tony today at JTS venom performance ( he gets them from torrie ). I was thinking when the tune comes in next week ill run down to rogers mn to put it on the dyno right after i install it, to check the numbers out just to be sure ( would like to get dyno numbers anyways )

Hind sight being 20/20, I should have known better but hay, you live & learn.

I seriously doubt it was the tune. Something else caused that to happen. What you need to be worried about, is what really caused it. You don't wanna damage that $15000 investment!

I'm not 100% sure Torrie's tune was the problem. That's why not on here trash talking him. If some one asks I will tell them what happened. Just trying to keep somebody from doing the same mistake I did

Arrow reflashed my PCM when they redid the engine. I plan to put it on the dyno after a few thousand break-in miles. Then if needed I will adjust it with my existing SCT box. I heard some pinging last night so I'm sure it will be needed.

Dyno before the tune & then again after installing the tune. Try to do it the same day, using the same dyno & the same person doing the dyno.

Better yet do a remote tune with Torrie. He will work with you on the Dyno and send you updates specific to your truck while on the dyno via email pending the results of the previous pull.

out of curiosity since I cant seem to locate figures, what are the approx. gains with the SCt/Torrie tunes on our truck with 91 octane?.

no anticipated gains anyone has from doing this?

You will probably notice the biggest difference in power at the bottom and middle of the power band, where the torque management was killing power output before.

no anticipated gains anyone has from doing this?

With a conservative tune, you will pick up a whopping 80 in torque in the low and mid-range, (as Caveman has indictated) where it is most useful.

If you race, it will whack a second off of your e.t. which is the biggest and by far the cheapest gain like that you will (unfortunately) never see again.

I wouldnt even consider running a QC without a tune.

Have your tuner increase r.p.m. of the 3-4 shift point while he is in there. That is something we can't do with the gear selector!

Have fun.

Last edited:
With a conservative tune, you will pick up a whopping 80 in torque in the low and mid-range, (as Caveman has indictated) where it is most useful.

If you race, it will whack a second off of your e.t. which is the biggest and by far the cheapest gain like that you will (unfortunately) never see again.

I wouldnt even consider running a QC without a tune.

Have your tuner increase r.p.m. of the 3-4 shift point while he is in there. That is something we can't do with the gear selector!

Have fun.
def. sounds like I need to have this!. Torrie (name listed on the forum ) here the best choice?. Or, is someone around in Northern California who can do it that someone here might know of?

After installing longtubes, catless mids, magnaflow catback, and a throttle body, it felt like a totally different truck. Made a big difference.... But after I did the SCT tune to take advantage of these mods.... WOW. I't made twice as much difference as the mods themselves did. Get it!

If youre modding the intake/exhaust you're going to need a tune. Im still a little new to these beasts, but ive tuned enough Harleys and carbs to know that once you get them breathing you need to correct the A/F mix. The FI will correct some, but you will still be lean with all the extra air going in.
I run torrie's tune (93 octane currently) and if anything its safely rich.
I wouldn't think his tune caused the issue, but I would think running a bigger TB and cai for an extended period without a proper tune could cause the truck to run lean enough to roast a piston.
If im wrong, please correct me

def. sounds like I need to have this!. Torrie (name listed on the forum ) here the best choice?. Or, is someone around in Northern California who can do it that someone here might know of?

Contact Chris Jensen for a tune. He is in Cali.

Just a update my tuner arrived yesterday for my quad cab. Such a difference i cant believe i didnt get one before... more power, the truck shifts were it should and even shifts smoother, also runs cooler. Best 450 ever spent on it for sure.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back