06' With 4th Gen. Swap! Help!

What are you looking for help with?

few years on the update fellas. The truck now has a built 4 gen motor and im loving everything about this but it hits a wall around 3-4k rpms. its like its not getting fuel or pulling timing or something?! I am about to start a new thread with pics and details. i will link this thread in the new one.

This is from the old thread I updated today.

I got the new SCT tuner to try to datalog, but I have't tested it yet. Does anybody know who I can send it to, or what my best options are? I'm at a loss. Nobody really knows anything about Vipers around here, and it being a truck, seems to make it even more difficult. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This is from the old thread I updated today.

I got the new SCT tuner to try to datalog, but I have't tested it yet. Does anybody know who I can send it to, or what my best options are? I'm at a lose. Nobody really knows anything about Vipers around here, and it being a truck, seems to make it even more difficult. Thanks in advance!

Where are you located?

What are you looking for help with?

you beat me to the punch lol. It has a piggy back looking ecu tied into the factory ecu im pretty sure its to control the coil on plug 4th gen motor where as the 3rd gen motor has one central coil pack.

You mean gen 4 heads right? Not an actual gen 4 engine with the variable cam timing?

Im almost certain its a full 4th gen motor. It made almost 800rwhp on the dyno, im pretty sure the cam is upgraded and intake manifold too and throttle body.

The intake manifold looks like it was one of those gen IV head upgrade kits, not a whole engine.

man i honestly do not know. just regurgitating what i have been told. full 4th gen motor or not i got the 3-4k rpm power loss happening.

added some pics i left out, let me know if i need to put up anymore

Attachments

• viewattachment7.jpg
    viewattachment7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • viewattachment8.jpg
    viewattachment8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
Sounds like it might be going pig rich on fuel. Def data log it and get urself on some rollers

i would love to but without knowing a tuner in the area that could do something with the tune, that i trust knows what they are doing, it would be a waste of time and money.

I have a guy in Delaware if you are willing to take a trip. He's done my truck srt2slows truck and others. Or if you record some good data some of our mail in tuners could clean up your tune based on it

I would bet it is a gen iv upgrade . Put an A/F gauge on it and /or have someone drive behind you to see if it blows smoke when it falls on its face .
like other posts I would bet anything over 3200 to 3500 rpms is pig rich .As that is the RPM that switches to just tables .Chunk that piggy back and get a good dyno tune from TORRIE.

http://www.unleashedtuning.com

Last edited:
Yup .
;)
Denver S.C. or there abouts ;)
And Torrie can do a remote dyno tune there too

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back