1.63 60'...still slippin'

Nowwhat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the track day yesterday didn't produce a new record but it did highlight what needs to come next....more traction issues....same as Stinker...

I cut a 1.63 60'.....I think that is second only to JMB Justin....but at a 100' or so...the tires start a' spinnin' again....

let's go Stink, Jack, Justin....let's get some air goodies......
:D

When the tires spin on my truck I hit the 6200rpm NOS cutoff...and I figure I lose a couple tenths.....best with the spinnin was a 10.81 at 129.3......

That is a pretty rapid 60 Mike. Maybe a 4 link is in your future?

Prof said:
That is a pretty rapid 60 Mike. Maybe a 4 link is in your future?

did try dropping the rears to 11psi.....not good....only made it to the 1/8th mile before I couldn't hold it....:(

Whats your 330' Mike? Whats your suspension setup, lowered, QA1's, and Caltracs? 1.63 in a 6K # sled is damn impressive!!
Justin

:eek:I see that it's not very easy attempting to tame so much power. But a little more funds thrown at her and it'll be quite possible.:dontknow:

JMB Justin said:
Whats your 330' Mike? Whats your suspension setup, lowered, QA1's, and Caltracs? 1.63 in a 6K # sled is damn impressive!!
Justin

the 330' is the problem.....4.57.....
1/8 7.000 at 102mph

set up:
lowered 2.5" in the back
QA1' 1 from full soft on front....2 from full hard on back
Caltracs 1/2 turn preload
Hossiers at 12 psi....45psi in the front

Is it spinning from the N20 hitting or after that? Ever tried a 1/2 ton of rock in the back as a traction aid?
Justin

JMB Justin said:
Is it spinning from the N20 hitting or after that? Ever tried a 1/2 ton of rock in the back as a traction aid?
Justin

the rear tires squat and grab....when they spin back up to full diameter they break loose...

I believe there is another kind of traction bar that uses the rotational force of the axle to raise the rear up or essentialy push the tires harder into the pavement. I read about it in some suspension magazine for a-body chevys. Jack should know something about this. I think this will help to keep the tires from breaking loose.

Cool video. Thats a lot or SRT-10's at one track. The most I have seen at my track at the same time was 2. They were both mine.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back