10 Cars That Should Have Never Been Built

My father has successfully purchased nearly every POS american car you can think of. Growing up I had the pleasure of participating in all the joys of owning and cutting my mechanical teeth on vehicles like the 73 Pinto Runabout, 74 Chevy Vega station wagon, 76 Dodge Satelite station wagon, 82 Chevette, 84 Cavalier and but one car my Dad did buy new and to this day still can't believe he actually spent the money was you ready for this? I shit you not.....1969 Yenko Conv Camaro and yes it was the big block version.

Mom was the one who wanted it and I'm still scared to ask how she managed to get his tight ass automobiles are for transportation from point A to point B philosophy to make the purchase. I cherish the photo of me as a kid standing next to that car. Unfortunately we only had it in the family for about 5yrs....Mom got preg and not enough room. Thus we went to the Station Wagon route for many years afterwards.

BTW....I ended up buying the 73 Pinto from Dad. Within months I wedged a Mustang HIPO 289 under the hood....sleeper car extreme. The following year I managed to purchase a 71 Olds Cutlass Supreme W30 - 455CI. Another sleeper car!

Last edited:
iraqivet01 said:
Let's not forget the Chevrolet Vega. Engines were lucky to make 30K, all aluminium block that burned more oil than gas.

I know, My first and second car. paid awhole 100, and 400 for the second.
That was the perfect excuse to drop a small block in there, they were perfect little cars for that.

But the Vega lagged behind the Pinto in secret spy stuff. But how could it ever really compete with the Pinto's Mission Impossible self destruct mode? hehehehe

pretty good list. i like the H2 and Delorean alot though, and i'd actually like to have a Gremlin too.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back