10 observations after two weeks of ownership

kcsr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a brand new 06 night runner a couple weeks ago, and have made the following ten observations since that time.

1) everybody likes it, except my wife. this is probably true of most wives.

2) it gets more compliments than tickets from cops.

3) Ford Lightnings don't want a piece of it.

4) the center console can hold over 1,000 rounds of large caliber handgun ammo.

5) when i get on it, my wife will shit her pants just as quickly as she did when riding in my blown C5 Vette.

6) it guzzles more gas than my 496ci Silverado 2500HD.

7) its so much fun to drive that i don't give a damn how much gas it guzzles.

8) its faster than a fat kid on a 750.

9) it can easily hurt the feelings of a C5 owner, on a Saturday night, with his date in the car, if i'm a better driver.

10) the 2-3 shift sucks ass.

kw

#10 can be fixed (See sig). My wife has a problem like yours in #5. Had a guy in a Hemi want to play this evening but I couldn't because she was with me and would have had a conniption if I had gotten on it. She's a very, I mean VERY nervous rider. We all suffer from #7. Good post.

Awesome. youll realize alot more stuff as it settles in...

the best fix i see for your 2-3 shift is to get the b &m shifter...
promblem is solved with very minimal noise and you will love it:rock:

FerrariTruck said:
Awesome. youll realize alot more stuff as it settles in...

the best fix i see for your 2-3 shift is to get the b &m shifter...
promblem is solved with very minimal noise and you will love it:rock:
:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

you forgot number 11. mofo's gonna be broke after reading to many threads on VTCOA, and deciding to start the "modding process". My wife hates my truck as well she also hates any large box delivered to my house...or small box for that matter. I have never missed the 2-3 shift, but my tranny is ghey.

Try missing 3rd all together and going right back into 1st at wide open throttle.

Talk about the butthole pucker factor it's off the chart bro.

If You have trouble getting third gear try starting out in third gear. That usually helps. BTW 06 NR is cool!!

Steve

I have told this story before, but it has been quite some time since I did.

In 2004 when I first bought my truck, I drove it to the barber shop so my son and I could get hair cuts. I pull up to the front of the barber shop, and back into a parking spot.

My son and I walk in the barber shop and the guy sitting in the chair getting his hair cut starts talking to me;

him "Is that one of them Viper trucks"?

me, "Yes it is, I just bought it a couple of weeks ago".

him, "Your wife LET you buy that"?

me, No, she didn't, that is why I got rid of her. You have to make choices in life".

He just sat there and looked at me with a very puzzled look on his face.

Of course I didn't mention I had been divorced for about 10 years at that point, but that fact would have hurt the story.:D

Bill.

Begood said:

In 2004 when I first bought my truck, I drove it to the barber shop so my son and I could get hair cuts. I pull up to the front of the barber shop, and back into a parking spot.

My son and I walk in the barber shop and the guy sitting in the chair getting his hair cut starts talking to me;

me, No, she didn't, that is why I got rid of her. You have to make choices in life".

Of course I didn't mention I had been divorced for about 10 years at that point, but that fact would have hurt the story.:D

Bill.

Good one Bill.:D :rock:

A keen observer, no doubt!!

As for Nos. 1 and 5... My wife helped me buy it, and she used to shit herself, now she likes it!:D:burnout: Except when it gets a little sideways, she's still trying to get used to that!!:D:rock: My wife :rock:s!!!

Begood said:

Bill.

Good story...

Well I have the kids, the truck, and until we are divorced (ongoing) wife.

I am 66% of the way to being able to tell the same story. I hope...

Agree wholeheartedly with all of them!! Wife still gets miffed while writing out the truck payment, but oh well! She still loves it...:rock:

amoparman said:
Agree wholeheartedly with all of them!! Wife still gets miffed while writing out the truck payment, but oh well! She still loves it...:rock:
Hey Stretch, what's up? Long time, no see. :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back