1000 BHp or 900 rwhp?

It boggles my mind how much $$$ it takes to make the viper motor fast in our trucks. I loved my 06 QC but i'll be honest, my new diesel with just a programmer $500 and a trango kit ($100) is faster than my srt10 would have been with $4K in mods. To me it just doesnt make any economic sense to make an srt-10 FASSSTTTT. The $ to horsepower ratio is brutal and they are just too heavy to be a fast contender, let alone safe on the streets at high horsepower...i.e. handling characterstics and traction. Just my 2 cents. Im just glad the srt-10 boys dont spend all this extra money they got on diesel upgrades or the diesel world would be a whole new ball game. Spending 20k on a diesel in upgrades would be insane!

Texas Yellow Fever said:
FYI-I have a brand new (never taken out of the box) Paxton kit for out trucks. The price is $5k plus shipping...let me know if you are interested.

does it have everything we will need?

Intercool said:
It boggles my mind how much $$$ it takes to make the viper motor fast in our trucks. I loved my 06 QC but i'll be honest, my new diesel with just a programmer $500 and a trango kit ($100) is faster than my srt10 would have been with $4K in mods. To me it just doesnt make any economic sense to make an srt-10 FASSSTTTT. The $ to horsepower ratio is brutal and they are just too heavy to be a fast contender, let alone safe on the streets at high horsepower...i.e. handling characterstics and traction. Just my 2 cents. Im just glad the srt-10 boys dont spend all this extra money they got on diesel upgrades or the diesel world would be a whole new ball game. Spending 20k on a diesel in upgrades would be insane!

I know what you mean, But why compare. Will a diesel ever handle and stop like a Ram srt 10 will it ever be practical and fun. NO.

Actually with about 1/4-1/2 the amount of money invested a diesel will do everything imaginable better than an srt-10. A diesel is wayyyyy more practical than an srt-10 right off the bat. It can pull or haul anything, 4X4 and gets almost twice the mpg. Lasts twice as long as well, the list goes on and on. It is different strokes for different folks. I realize not eveyone sees things the same, but when it all shakes out in the laundry for me an SRT-10 wasnt practical and couldnt be made fast for anything close to reasonable money wise. It is hats off to the guys on this forum who have the $ to make these things go. To me it doesnt make sense, with that kind of money you can make ANYTHING fast.

Intercool said:
... To me it doesnt make sense, with that kind of money you can make ANYTHING fast.

Yep.... It's true. :eek: You can make a Honda run 9's in the 1/4 for a fraction the cost... and still drive it home, and get good MPG. But it's still a Honda. :dontknow:

A lot of folks think these SRT's are special. :) I think so too. They are (relatively) rare, so you don't see them everywhere. I had a Ford Superduty with all kinds of stuff done to it. :rock: I loved it... But, I like my 10 better. ;)

How about my wife's Prius? How much to put that in the 10's?

The start button says "Power"...may be it is a sleeper???:dontknow:

Annu, if I were in you shoes I would take the truck and the $20,000 and trade it for a viper. I think that would make more sense for what you want to do. Who knows I am often wrong though.

I'd do the bolt on's, Buy yellow fevers Paxton keep her at a safe psi and a good 650+ hp. Then go on racing junk.com and buy a 10sec race car for 10,000 and trailer it with the SRT!

Gaboon said:
Annu, if I were in you shoes I would take the truck and the $20,000 and trade it for a viper. I think that would make more sense for what you want to do. Who knows I am often wrong though.
I'll second this motion, lol. :) That's exactly what I did. :rock: 635 rwhp in a car that's 2000 lbs less than my truck. Anybody want to race??? :dontknow:

:D :D :D

Whitesnake said:
does it have everything we will need?

Yep, as I understand it, it's a complete kit from Boomer. I bought it form another member a couple of months ago (for a hell of a lot more) and I'm just not going to ever have the time to install it.

Gaboon said:

Yeah But I Want a Supertruck. My focus is to have a Superfast truck not to mention faster than 95% of cars out there.

nycstev said:
Just a Drop in AF and some low viscosity oil and... almost forgot... SLICKS!

Does anyone run front wheel slicks?

It already has a rev limiter!!!!!

If the back wheels are not rolling, the power to the gas engine is cut off...try putting that on a dyno!!!!

Annu Kumar said:
Yeah But I Want a Supertruck. My focus is to have a Superfast truck not to mention faster than 95% of cars out there.

95% of the cars....you are already there.

Issue solved!

Annu Kumar said:

Well then looks like you need 40k

Annu if you want a super truck call me 704-214-7849, I will get ahold of a friend and see what kind of deal I can get you, but bro, I promise it will be more than 20k, but will do what I can, let me know

Stinker said:
Annu if you want a super truck call me 704-214-7849, I will get ahold of a friend and see what kind of deal I can get you, but bro, I promise it will be more than 20k, but will do what I can, let me know

Yeah first I got to deal with a crazy woman thats getting a Restraining order against me. Than I have to Deal with the Irs. And than I'm ready stink:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back