13.0 sec Hemi Ram, all stock Internals.

that's awesome! most of these srt-10 owners wish they could go that fast.

There has to be something more to this. Maybe Juice, or maybe its been stripped off (seats,spare, tailgate, panels?) making the truck lighter. My sister has a chipped HEMI w/ exhaust and cold air intake. No way it is that fast. But then again, i may be wrong.

I was thinking of going to the track next weekend with the truck srtipped off. Taking off pass. seat, spare, leave the tailgate on, sub, door pannels, and i would take a dump before i leave the house...:toilet: :D just for kicks and see what difference it would make.

Nope, if you notice it has smaller than stock size tires, and they are slicks. Helps ratio. This is a world record for stock Hemi engine no spray or psi. 13.8 is the fastest QC, could have been faster but he stayed with stock size tires.

I have been saying it for years, 22s Killed if Viper trucks reputation. If SRTRams had 17s they would be doing low 12s stock (with slicks). Because it would also mean the breaks were smaller helping the rotational mass as-well.

Viper trucks have more things against its performance than any other (sport type) vehicle in the world.

That is awesome,But stock,Hard to believe!!!!!:dontknow:

Would 20" rims fit on the truck? I have a set laying arround that i could try on next weekend. They are slightly smaller than the stock 22's.

20s will work for sure.

And again kids, the truck is not stock. It just has stock rear, stock tranny and stock engine internals. It obviously has bolt ons.

MG42pillbox said:
You will feel the difference. What size tires?
They are burried in my garage and could not see the size but i was able to get a meassuring tape in there and meassure 29" tall. Im assuming that when i lower the pressure and are mounted to the truck, they will meassure shorter. There is 4.5" of meat between the rim and the tread compared to the 3" on the 22's.

moparracing said:
agreed........ there are srt-10 qc's that need nos to get into the 12's........:D

I gotta believe there's more on the truck than bolt-ons w/stock internals too.

Houston Raceway Park is near sea level, and the best air I ever caught there was on a night with my Hemi QC. I ran a 14.036 and it had Superchips, APS Stall, headers, hi-flow cats, Corsa cat-back, motoblue underdrive, AEM CAI, the stock belt driven fan removed/replaced with an e-fan, M&H drag radials, and tailgate, back seat, and spare tire removed, and a dry cell battery for reduced weight too. I know there are a few hundred pounds difference between the QC and SC but with each hundred pounds representing at best 0.1 seconds in the quarter, it's stretch for me to believe the 1 second differential from my best didn't have some sort of forced induction....stranger things have happend though.

oldguy

MG42pillbox said:
I have been saying it for years, 22s Killed if Viper trucks reputation. If SRTRams had 17s they would be doing low 12s stock (with slicks). Because it would also mean the breaks were smaller helping the rotational mass as-well.

I have made over 300 runs at the track with stock wheels and tires and about 10 runs with my new 17" Nitto Drag Radials(305/40/17). You can see from my list of mods that I'm pretty close to stock. Here are my best results with both setups at the same track and same day:

17" Drag Radials best time: 13.392@103mph
22" Factory Rims 13.568@104mph

I have to raise the :bs: :eek:rly: :bs: :damnmate: :bs: .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back