150 mph speeding ticket?

What kind of BS is this? You can't post a thread like this and not say anything. Then again, anything you cay can and WILL be held against you in court. I still want to hear the story.

150 !!!! Kind of got lost in the moment uh. Good luck, and I hope you look good in Orange.

I always felt I would support a sort of "speed pass" where drivers with very good driving records could sort of buy their way out of speeding tickets ahead of time, especially for the parts of Texas where there really is nothing around you for miles. Sort of a pay as you go Autobahn.

FlyingLow said:
80 or higher is reckless in all 50 states. 15 over is reckless in VA.

Gotta respectfully disagree on that one, Smoak....

There are 70 mph zones in California and 80 is only 10 over...... Not even close to reckless driving..... In some desert areas of East I-10 they won't even stop you unless you exceed 85mph....

Pardon the disagreement....:eek:

D

HOT RAM said:
I got clocked at 123 in my my 01 Lightning and did 4 days in jail and three months loss of license.(reduced from 30 days and 6 months ! )

OUCH!! But then it is a Lightning.;)

I got a ticket back in Feb this year in Va Beach right by Mount Trashmore on I-44 for doing 74 MPH. I didn't go to jail but it did cost me $144.00 I really dont think I was going that fast so the trooper told me to get my speedo calibrated. I just paid the fine and went on...

3 years ago I got a 98 in a 65 zone ticket, and it was never considered reckless, just speed.

Bill.

Django said:
Gotta respectfully disagree on that one, Smoak....

There are 70 mph zones in California and 80 is only 10 over...... Not even close to reckless driving..... In some desert areas of East I-10 they won't even stop you unless you exceed 85mph....

Pardon the disagreement....:eek:

D

The turnpikes in Oklahoma, the speed limit is 75, and the trooper won't bother you as long as your not doing more than 82. (That from a guy in my unit who is a State Trooper.)
I been stopped for doing 85, but only got a warning. Usually if they do stop you, it just gives them a reason to check insurance.

I got hit with a 90 mph ticket in a 30 mph zone. That shit cost me an arm and a left nut. No more illegal drag racing for me. The next one I go to the clinck.

I will help you all out. I'm a Trooper in Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). What's considered reckless driving in this state is two or more moving violations committed at the same time. Like speeding (anything 6mph or more) and tailgating or erratic lane changes and tailgating, etc. It's usually up to the Trooper or other cop to use there discretion to take you to jail or not due to reckless driving being a misdemeanor. As for speed, 30mph over the speed limit is not criminal as in going to jail unless you commit other violations with it as mentioned above, but it will get you a court date. But 25 mph and above and you crash and kill someone it is considered Vehicular Homicide and you are looking at 17 years in prison per death. I do the Traffic Homicide investigations here in Broward County. I have put alot of people behind bars for killing people with speed. If you crash and we suspect speed or a reckless driving is an issue, you all have to remember your cars and trucks have a computer that records the last five second of your driving habits just before you crash. It starts to record when you hit your brakes. It reveals EVERYTHING! i mean everything. Just food for thought. If you Floridians have any questions let me know. Later

From what I've heard Florida is pretty easy on speeders. In Arizona, anything over 85mph no matter what the posted speed is considered criminal speeding and you can be taken to jail.

VA is not so easy on speed or street racing violations. You don't even want to get caught around here street racing. If you do and depending on the violation and circumstances, you can kiss your ride bye bye. I suppose all this was put into place because of too many vehicle accidents, injuries, deaths, at least for N. VA and other metro areas of the State. I recall this year, March, 2008, VA repealed traffic laws/fine structure put in place several years prior. Fines were as high as $2500 - $3000 for a simple speeding offense, 6 demerit points and taxes were assessed (for us poor residents) on top of the base fines/court costs which could have totaled upwards of $1050/year, for as long as points remained on one's license. Factor in license suspension and the impacts that sentence may hold, driving around here became (and still can be), an "expense privilege".

Seth, get a good lawyer (which you probably have done) and have them try and litigate/defend the best they can. I wish you all the luck.

THI said:
I will help you all out. I'm a Trooper in Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). What's considered reckless driving in this state is two or more moving violations committed at the same time. Like speeding (anything 6mph or more) and tailgating or erratic lane changes and tailgating, etc. It's usually up to the Trooper or other cop to use there discretion to take you to jail or not due to reckless driving being a misdemeanor. As for speed, 30mph over the speed limit is not criminal as in going to jail unless you commit other violations with it as mentioned above, but it will get you a court date. But 25 mph and above and you crash and kill someone it is considered Vehicular Homicide and you are looking at 17 years in prison per death. I do the Traffic Homicide investigations here in Broward County. I have put alot of people behind bars for killing people with speed. If you crash and we suspect speed or a reckless driving is an issue, you all have to remember your cars and trucks have a computer that records the last five second of your driving habits just before you crash. It starts to record when you hit your brakes. It reveals EVERYTHING! i mean everything. Just food for thought. If you Floridians have any questions let me know. Later

Wow!!!! 17 years per death is not enough, especially if it was done recklessly. Best place to get the right info, is from the source. Thanks

FastRam said:
VA is not so easy on speed or street racing violations. You don't even want to get caught around here street racing. If you do and depending on the violation and circumstances, you can kiss your ride bye bye. I suppose all this was put into place because of too many vehicle accidents, injuries, deaths, at least for N. VA and other metro areas of the State. I recall this year, March, 2008, VA repealed traffic laws/fine structure put in place several years prior. Fines were as high as $2500 - $3000 for a simple speeding offense, 6 demerit points and taxes were assessed (for us poor residents) on top of the base fines/court costs which could have totaled upwards of $1050/year, for as long as points remained on one's license. Factor in license suspension and the impacts that sentence may hold, driving around here became (and still can be), an "expense privilege".

Seth, get a good lawyer (which you probably have done) and have them try and litigate/defend the best they can. I wish you all the luck.

Same here in California.

THI said:
I will help you all out. I'm a Trooper in Florida (Ft. Lauderdale). What's considered reckless driving in this state is two or more moving violations committed at the same time.

I just want to know where I can do a good burnout!:burnout: I'm not into all this top speed stuff!;)

Shoot, I got a 386.00 ticket for going 117 in a 55. Damn Truck. It really does make me do things, plus it was 2 days before I left for Japan. Way to go Jesse

Ok Chriz, I was the speeder. I got clock at 154, my GPS said 154.3..The violation was done in I-564 towards Naval Station.

This happen two years ago. By the Grace of God and a lawyer($550.00 flat fee) that Smoke recommended.

BTW the lawyer prayed for guidance cause he didn't know what to do to help while driving to the court.

All I received was a $250.00 fine and 60 days jail time suspended. Nothing else. My license didn't get suspended, heck my insurance rate got reduced.

Mind you that this judge was giving 3 day jail suspensions for folks not having their license with them when stopped. Not suspended or expired, just not having it on them while driving.

So, I know God was smiling at me that day.

I ain't doing that stupid stuff anymore. I could have lost my job, custody of my daughter, well it would have been terrible.

Please keep it in the track.

jrgnd said:
Ok Chriz, I was the speeder. I got clock at 154, my GPS said 154.3..The violation was done in I-564 towards Naval Station.

This happen two years ago. By the Grace of God and a lawyer($550.00 flat fee) that Smoke recommended.

BTW the lawyer prayed for guidance cause he didn't know what to do to help while driving to the court.

All I received was a $250.00 fine and 60 days jail time suspended. Nothing else. My license didn't get suspended, heck my insurance rate got reduced.

Mind you that this judge was giving 3 day jail suspensions for folks not having their license with them when stopped. Not suspended or expired, just not having it on them while driving.

So, I know God was smiling at me that day.

I ain't doing that stupid stuff anymore. I could have lost my job, custody of my daughter, well it would have been terrible.

Please keep it in the track.

:eek: :ahhhhh: :embarassed:

I broke out into a cold sweat just reading that. You dodged a HUGE bullet!

Dude killed his 2 passengers the other night while running from some units.. He was doin about 90 when he passed a unit. That and another pulled out after him but he had already lost control and hit a telephone pole. Then, his car burst into flames.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back