18K and tires are finally due...

What are the best "SRT-10 sized" tires you've driven on?

• Total voters

v8eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...but not because I delivered enough smoke-shows.:joyman: :burnout: I pull the wheels off for the 6K rotation and brakedust washdown and I found...
THIS!!:( :(
sidewallegg0mc.jpg

AND THIS!!!! WTF IS A BOLT DOING THERE!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
boltwtf9jj.jpg

So.....:help:

Now I'm ready for new tires (as if I have a choice!) and I'd like to get some advice. I'm looking at TireRack's short list of available tires and all three selections look fine (I don't consider Continental real tires :p). I want to support this vender so I'll willingly limit myself to this list, but now, which one......:hmmmm2:

I'm a little biased toward BFG because of my long-time positive experience with the Radial T/A series on no less than 5 different cars/trucks. I know that Yokohamas are hot shit on the import scene, they probably didn't slack off here. And, I'm sure that Dodge knew what they were doing when they chose the Scorpions.

Those of you who tried the other tires: Did it feel like an upgrade? Are the tires holding up? Would you stick with that choice or go back to OEM?:confused:

Thanks all:flowers:

Last edited:
I don't like the BFGs.....Despite being the same size the width of the contact patch is significantly narrower than the Pirelli's...also the sidewall of the BFG is really plain and kinda Fugly.....

I vote for the Yoko's....they are a bad ass tire and are what I am getting next....

Tires

I have the BFG 2's. About 2,000 mi. Great tire choice.

J.R.

IF you get them through Tire Rack please go to their site by clicking on their Logo/link from the vendor section od this forum. That is how and the only way we get paid from them. If all you guys could help us out we would apreciate it.

I have a pair of KDW's for the front of my truck but have never run them as of yet. They look good though.

Attachments

• Pomona 8-05  Dodge dash headers Bobs AFX 087.jpg
    Pomona 8-05 Dodge dash headers Bobs AFX 087.jpg
    760.2 KB · Views: 82
Those KDW's look like a mighty fine pair of snow tires. Just kidding, will probably get a set when my goodyears need replacing.

Nowwhat said:
I don't like the BFGs.....Despite being the same size the width of the contact patch is significantly narrower than the Pirelli's...also the sidewall of the BFG is really plain and kinda Fugly.....
Aesthetically, I like a plain tire unless I can get white letters (Sue Me!:shot::thefinger:). Most of your description sounds cosmetic. Have you driven on them? If so, how were they grip-wise? (Steering over straight-line, I know your engine can litemup like crazy:D)

FSTJACK said:
I have a pair of KDW's for the front of my truck but have never run them as of yet.
I just noticed from your picture that the KDWs have directional tread... directional-goooood ...Maybe I'll ignore the crowd.... but, not yet.:top:

v8eater said:
Aesthetically, I like a plain tire unless I can get white letters (Sue Me!:shot::thefinger:). Most of your description sounds cosmetic. Have you driven on them? If so, how were they grip-wise? (Steering over straight-line, I know your engine can litemup like crazy:D)

I just noticed from your picture that the KDWs have directional tread... directional-goooood ...Maybe I'll ignore the crowd.... but, not yet.:top:

1 day at the track on them and I gave them away...couldn't sell them to a fellow member as I felt that strongly about how poor a tire they are.....

Nowwhat said:

I vote for the Yoko's....they are a bad ass tire and are what I am getting next....

I agree... The Yokies are the best bet. :) PLUS, I own stock in that company! :burnout: :D :D

FSTJACK said:
IF you get them through Tire Rack please go to their site by clicking on their Logo/link from the vendor section od this forum. That is how and the only way we get paid from them. If all you guys could help us out we would apreciate it.

I have a pair of KDW's for the front of my truck but have never run them as of yet. They look good though.
Is this a sticky somewhere? It should be in Caps in the header!!!

I would love to go a little wider. It would look soo badass.:rock: 315 or 325 but the aspect ratio would have to go down to 35. SO to get closest to stock diameter. Wider, 325's would work better, and even be a little smaller. Poor mans gear upgrade:D

Last edited:
Presently running the Kumho's on my truck. They are a bit hard.
I was going to switch over to the Yoko's (they have a mileage warranty)
till my local Discount honored the warranty that Doug711 purchased with the tires:)

I've got Kumhos on mine, I just very recently made a post concerning wheels and tires so I did quite a bit of research. On Tire Rack Those BFGs were the top rated with over 600 review/ratings, though sadly they didn't have the NITTO tires listed so I wasn't able to compare those directly from tire rack. I know they're great tires though. But after talking with the guy I'm going to be getting my new wheels from, who by the way seemed very knowledgable and competent, he made an excellent point; With all of the R&D & technology available today, and all of the testing standards, all of the big names you see are all going to be excellent tires. Its still a really tough choice for me between the BFGs and NITTO, I think I'll go with the nitto, I think it looks the best anyway.

oh and btw I checked out the tire rack link to check the price difference, but those BFGs I was looking at are still 319 a pop, I've got cookies enabled and all that, sure they're not yankin ya?

i would try to go with a wider tire too (rear), nitto 315mm should go on a 10" wide wheel, 325 is probably to much.

I dunno if it'd be too much or not, it'd just make the sidewalls pooch out a little more, (I think anyway) which IMO is good since the curbs would hit the tire instead of the wheel.... stoopid curbs

Sanchoba, thats what im saying. But if you go wider (315) and keep the same aspect ratio of 40, then your tires would not only be wider but a little taller also. Thus slowing your truck down because the taller tire is more difficult to push. Our stock diameter is 31.6 If you could match that with a wider tire then that would be the goal. A little smaller wouldnt hurt, it would be a small gearing upgrade=) Im looking for some 325/35s that would be perfect.

O and to add to the topic. I like the yoko's but I like the pirelli's a lil bit more because of the extra rain grooves. They still look better than any of the other tires ive seen.

I'm open to new sizes.:rock: I don't want to change my rollout, so I would only adjust on width. How much wider should I expect to go before the sidewall gets funky? Does anyone know of any scrub problems?:driver:

I just bought a set of TOYO PROXES S/T's. 325-40 for the rear and 305-40 for the front,they are directional tread and smoother sidewall.Paid 920 for all 4. I am having rear Eagle alloy's widened to 11.5 rear and 10.5 inches in the front. The rear is about an inch taller and 3/4 inch wider so I figure when I get to the track let em down to 22 psi and have a bigger contact patch. I post pics after I get them finished and mounted.

mopower1958 said:
I just bought a set of TOYO PROXES S/T's. 325-40 for the rear and 305-40 for the front,they are directional tread and smoother sidewall.Paid 920 for all 4. I am having rear Eagle alloy's widened to 11.5 rear and 10.5 inches in the front. The rear is about an inch taller and 3/4 inch wider so I figure when I get to the track let em down to 22 psi and have a bigger contact patch. I post pics after I get them finished and mounted.
SSounds good David.:) I can`t wait to see them @ Columbus.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back