1998 GSX 5-speed 68k

ViperPete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am selling my 1998 Eclipse GSX 5-speed. Its a silver/light blue color with black/gray leather interior. The car is in great shape for being 18 years old. I am the second owner. I have owned the car a short time and I really shouldn't have bought it. I've wanted one of these since I first saw Fast and Furious and this car had the drive-train I wanted too. All-wheel drive, 5 speed manual transmission and a turbo. A lot of potential here. I have too many projects so I've decided to sell the car.

The good: Extremely low miles. Engine was replaced 8,000 miles ago. Transmission was rebuilt 10 months ago with a new clutch. Runs and drives perfectly. Transmission shifts great, shifter is notchy and the clutch has smooth engagement. Turbo builds boost well. All the gauges work great. No check engine light. The stock infinity stereo even sounds decent. Tires have about 90% tread. The paint is in pretty good shape. The leather is in very good condition with only a little wear on the drivers side seat bolster. Dash is clean, the center console is clean. Ice cold A/C! Has newish drive belts and upper/lower radiator hoses.

The bad: Moon-roof needs a new seal and at some point in the cars life it leaked and stained the headliner- I sealed the moon-roof with silicone for the time being.. There are 2 small rust spots on the rear hatch. A little bondo and paint will correct this. The passenger side airbag cover has the typical heat damage. Feels like it might need front shocks.

As I said. I would love to keep the car but I have 4 other project cars at home and I don't know what I was thinking. Now is your chance to grab a great tuner car from the late 90's. Please feel free to ask me any questions. $6500

Last edited:
Did I miss the price?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back