1st time running at NE Dragway.

Dominick572

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Met up with Scott again yesterday at NE Dragway. He helped me out bigtime on what to do to prep. Took it easy on my first two runs, then went all out and I just spun badly..... Only got to run 4 times, Ive got high 12's in it for sure with some better adjusting.

Anyway my best run with the mods in my sig.

R/T .681
60' 2.494
330 6.169
1/8 9.148
MPH 81.99
1000 11.679
1/4 13.851
MPH 103.47

Nice Dom.. Some new mods since I saw you last... Cant wait to see the new stuff....

Scott has some pics and vids, but he will not be able to upload them until he gets back home in FL.

TREKER said:
Nice Dom.. Some new mods since I saw you last... Cant wait to see the new stuff....

Thanks bro, It was so packed!!!

Its a good time I suggest everyone run theirs, its not as easy as it looks.

Dom did a great job for his first time to the track!!:burnout::rock:
With a little more practice, he will definitely be in the 12's!!

And he's right! That place was jammed last night!!:rock:

SrtBrad said:
I bet it was fun. I know you can dial in better times with a few more runs. The track can be addicting.

Brad

Thanks bro! Yea, Im hooked now!!

ntw0rk said:
Dom did a great job for his first time to the track!!:burnout::rock:
With a little more practice, he will definitely be in the 12's!!

And he's right! That place was jammed last night!!:rock:

You need to uplad that Toyota vid when you get home, that thing was nuts!

Thanks again brother!

Here are the few pics I took last night:
DSC04053.jpg

DSC04054.jpg

DSC04055.jpg

And for the Furd fans out there: I took these because of the badge....
DSC04056.jpg

DSC04057.jpg

He ran in the low 13's!!!:rolleyes:

Excellent first time runs. You are correct about your high 12's as well. With a 2.49 sixty, ou got about a second faster in her with some traction. Did you lower your rear tire pressure to 22 or so? Some simple green on the tires before you stage helps too. And of course finding that sweet spot rpm to launch at is the hard part. CF clutch likes to be dumped not slipped as well.

patrick

Yea I had the Cal-trac's adjusted pretty good almost to a point where I couldnt get the tires to squeel on the street. Dropped the pressure to 24psi. My first two runs I didnt react early enough and rev it so I bogged bigtime. My third run I revved it to 2500rpm and dumped it, just sat and spun.

Im going to play with the shocks more, I might have the cal-tracs tightened down too much. Will end up getting a QA1 shock for the rear end. Ill also install my Line lock kit when Justin gets the brackets made up.

I should have my new Eagle 058's and MH DR's for the next time I go.

Dominick572 said:
Yea I had the Cal-trac's adjusted pretty good almost to a point where I couldnt get the tires to squeel on the street. Dropped the pressure to 24psi. My first two runs I didnt react early enough and rev it so I bogged bigtime. My third run I revved it to 2500rpm and dumped it, just sat and spun.

Im going to play with the shocks more, I might have the cal-tracs tightened down too much. Will end up getting a QA1 shock for the rear end. Ill also install my Line lock kit when Justin gets the brackets made up.

I should have my new Eagle 058's and MH DR's for the next time I go.

Well you got all the goodies to join the 12 second club, its just a matter of finding the proper adjustment. You have 12's in her even without the DR's for sure. I sucked the first time to the track, couldnt even hit 13's. You will get a 12.8- 12.9 very soon is my guess.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Well you got all the goodies to join the 12 second club, its just a matter of finding the proper adjustment. You have 12's in her even without the DR's for sure. I sucked the first time to the track, couldnt even hit 13's. You will get a 12.8- 12.9 very soon is my guess.

patrick

Thanks bro I appreciate it.

Dominick572 said:
Met up with Scott again yesterday at NE Dragway. He helped me out bigtime on what to do to prep. Took it easy on my first two runs, then went all out and I just spun badly..... Only got to run 4 times, Ive got high 12's in it for sure with some better adjusting.

Anyway my best run with the mods in my sig.

R/T .681
60' 2.494
330 6.169
1/8 9.148
MPH 81.99
1000 11.679
1/4 13.851
MPH 103.47
Good run Dom.....That beats Stinker at Nat's and my sorry Ass in Bakersfield :D Oh and Shawn too.......................:p :rock:

TheSickness said:
Good run Dom.....That beats Stinker at Nat's and my sorry Ass in Bakersfield :D Oh and Shawn too.......................:p :rock:

LOL...... Thanks bro! :rock:

COME TO THE GTG!!!!! June 16th :D

Dominick572 said:
LOL...... Thanks bro! :rock:

COME TO THE GTG!!!!! June 16th :D
I would in a heartbeat Dom....I have to work that day :mad: That's why I said I would make the next one if you guys pulled 14 trucks....I need to give at least 3 weeks notice :mad:

Thanks bro! I saw that you have Steve making you a "hood decal" Looking forward to seeing that! :rock:

Back