2" lowering blocks

VylentViper

Reaction score
Hey ya'll im looking into geting some 2" blocks for the rear to level the truck. Does anyone happen to have any PICs of a regular cab with 2" blocks installed I can take a peek at by chance? Thanks

P.S -looking for photos with only 2" inch blocks in back with stock front end height

I was told the rear had 2" drop blocks when I bought it. It is lower than stock.
2250986D-A995-4821-BC83-B2E8BC8B11D1-6240-0000021F6BE42855.jpg

:burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout:

Attachments

• 0860_JRSVIPR.jpg
    0860_JRSVIPR.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 11,645
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,469
Both of those trucks look sick

First of all, the posted pics look great. I like the level look.

I am interested in this as well (also considering a 1"/2" kit), but the Similar Threads as seen below paint a bit of an ugly picture of 2" blocks. I'm not sure about the "Reply to Jack" one that speaks of unsafe conditions, but the others talk about the shaft/pinion geometry issues that need to be considered and overcome with wedges, etc.

I also see that the posts are 4+ years old. Maybe we have come a long way from this. What's the current take on blocks only? Are they currently made to overcome the pinion angle problem? Is this the same mod that would be performed in the lowering kits?

Thanks.

First of all, the posted pics look great. I like the level look.

I am interested in this as well (also considering a 1"/2" kit), but the Similar Threads as seen below paint a bit of an ugly picture of 2" blocks. I'm not sure about the "Reply to Jack" one that speaks of unsafe conditions, but the others talk about the shaft/pinion geometry issues that need to be considered and overcome with wedges, etc.

I also see that the posts are 4+ years old. Maybe we have come a long way from this. What's the current take on blocks only? Are they currently made to overcome the pinion angle problem? Is this the same mod that would be performed in the lowering kits?

Thanks.

The pinion angle problem is only on the auto. Trans. They do not use blocks.

2" block won't hurt anything really, if you plan on racing then it could cause more wheelhop. I have had 2" blocks for several years with no problems, but I do have cal tracs to keep it from wheelhopping

When I spoke to Tony at jtsvp he recommended the 1 3/4 inch, said it gives just the right stance with a stock height front end. I'm ordering mine Friday .........

When I spoke to Tony at jtsvp he recommended the 1 3/4 inch, said it gives just the right stance with a stock height front end. I'm ordering mine Friday .........

That's what I have and it gives it just the right height.

I have kicked this idea around for quite some time. I primarily drive at high speeds and do NOT want to go in the wrong direction when it comes to cornering and high speed stability. Installing Poly bushings in the rear leafs was a BIG improvement in the rear end. It now follows the front without any "Rear steer" twitchyness.
If I were to pull the trigger, I would also want the front end re-aligned to maintain or improve geometry.
I would also go with the 1 3/4 as Tony suggests. The rear end squat from the wing at high speeds could start to unload the front if the blocks are 2"+

Has anyone here done the 1 3/4 rear drop and then re-aligned!?!?

Cheers!

This is off topic but when I get the blocks I plan on geting the jtsvp coils,wires,plugs
b&b catless mids, B&b cat back ,under drive pully,roe throttle body, sct tune, 170 thermostat, the truck already has CAI Any clue what kind of gains that should net maybe 50hp+?

Does droping the rear 1 3/4 -2" require a realign? :confused:

In my opinion any time steering or suspension mods have been made it's cheap insurance to get an alignment so you don't waste your tires in case one of the angles is out.

It looks like I'm one of those people :D I just feel that an alignment is cheaper than tires.

Had the blocks on the truck for 3+years and never had any abnormal front tire wear, and even went around Texas motor speedway at 100mph on the corners without a problem. Like I said, some people just over think things..... These trucks aren't rocket science they are old school hot rods(big engine, smallest available package)

Had the blocks on the truck for 3+years and never had any abnormal front tire wear, and even went around Texas motor speedway at 100mph on the corners without a problem. Like I said, some people just over think things..... These trucks aren't rocket science they are old school hot rods(big engine, smallest available package)

I have had my 2" blocks on for 7+ yrs. with no problems,But then i only have 87,000 miles on it.:D:burnout:

I have had my 2" blocks on for 7+ yrs. with no problems,But then i only have 87,000 miles on it.:D:burnout:

OMG!!! Your geo-merry is way outta whack your flux capacitor will malfunction if you attempt to travel at high speeds be careful!!!:burnout::D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back