2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Twin Turbo FOR SALE

robwclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First of all, I want all you seasoned VTCOA members to excuse my long drawn-out fully descriptive wording because people searching Google may see the thread and not understand our "VTCOA language".

OK guys this will come as a surprise to most of you but I am being forced to sell my pride & joy. I am not tired of it, or selling because its a POS, or giving me too many problems or anything. I must sell it because I have a large debt from last year. I now work for the company I used to own, and we are just not profiting enough to be able to repay this debt fast enough(don't ask how much I owe, its crazy). However, I can live with the debt for now, but selling the only physical thing I own and enjoy is killing me. I am actually very upset, and truly in a form of depression over this. Its my only vehicle(besides my wifes minivan), and it hurts me to do this. I can't look forward to the evening or weekend modification any more. I have worked many 70 to 100 hour weeks over the past 15 years building my business, just to lose it last year in the Chrysler
bankruptcy, and now the only thing I own, that I have left, is going away. That being said, this truck hasn't had a penny spared while being built. It is 100% road ready and very, very reliable.

I bought this truck from a fellow VTCOA member Fred Voss back in November, 2009. Originally I only bought this truck for the power train. I was going to remove the entire power train and install it in my 2006 Ram SRT-10. Please, its just my opinion, but I strongly prefer the look of the 2006 over the 2004 & 2005s. Well, after getting the truck here and looking at everything, I came to the conclusion there were just too many sorts of fabrication, and this would be a much bigger job than anticipated. On top of that the truck just performed too perfectly. I was just scared to mess with success.

So, I decided that I would compromise, and do a 2006 body & interior conversion. I got the exterior part of the conversion done, and got the 2006 seats installed. Soon after though, I discovered the 2004 seats to be much more comfortable, so I switched them back. The interior of the truck is now all stock except for the 3-gauge A-pillar, and the switches for the Line-locks mounted next to the radio. While performing the conversion, the front bumper and grill were the only parts I bought brand new from the dealer. The headlamps, came off my 2006 SRT10. The hood is the same so it's original. The hard part was finding factory painted "PS2 Silver" fenders from another 2006-2008 Ram truck. I found one in Oklahoma, and another in El Paso, both at parts recyclers. Everything mounted right up, and fit wonderfully. I took my time with each and every bolt not to scratch them with wrenches, so there isnt any "turned body bolts" under the hood. I did all the work myself. Silver wasnt available in 2006, so it really is a rare-looking truck.

The original owner of the truck, Fred Voss had Nick at Modern Performance Inc(MPI) in New Jersey do all the work. MPI has since stopped taking outside work, but still exists there in NJ. There were many factors involved before I would make such a large purchase. After speaking with the owner of the truck, Fred Voss, and Nick at MPI, I could read between the lines and tell with near certainty, this was a well put together truck. I am 35 years old now, and I have been modifying vehicles since I was 15. After all of the years I have been doing this, I have learned a lot, and been screwed over more than my share of times. I have learned if you want a job done right there are only 2 ways. The 1st way is to do it yourself. The 2nd way is to pay out the nose for it. That being said, this is a well put together truck. Now I am sure some of you don't agree with some of the ways this truck is set up, heck there are things I might change too, but overall it performs incredibly.

Fred brought the truck into Nick at MPI in 2007. he told Nick he wanted the truck to have as much power as possible, and perform as reliably as possible. There is a compromise here, and that is the boost level. The boost is set at a safe 8 lbs and makes over 800 RWHP. This is the most power available and still retain good reliability. The boost can be raised to say 12 lbs, and still run just fine, its just a bit on the unsafe side. During tuning they turned the boost up to 12 lbs, but the truck started spinning the tires on the dyno at about 875 RWHP, so it cant be tested without different tires anyway. They lowered the boost to 8 lbs and saw uncorrected 858 RWHP. The truck had the following modifications performed at MPI.

The engine was removed and torn down.

*Bored Stock Block .010 over.
*Stroked Crank.
*Forged CP Pistons.
*Forged Manley Rods
*Billet Mains
*Crower Cam
*Ported & Polished Stock Heads
*Port Matched & Fully Polished Intake Manifold
*New Lifters & Pushrods
*New Bearings
*New Double Roller Timing Chain & Gears
*ARP Rod & Main Bolts
*Polished X-Metal Valve covers
*X-Metal(cant remember exact make) Roller rockers
*X-Metal Mono blade Throttle Body
*Ballenger Long tube Headers
*Autometer Boost/Vacuum Gauge
*Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
*SPEC Stage 3+ Clutch
*Twin Line Locks
*Cal-Tracs Traction bars

*Twin Garrett 35 Water Cooled Turbo's
*Custom oil collector
*Braided oil lines
*Oil Return Pump
*Professionally Fabricated Intake Tubing
*Braided Coolant Lines
*Custom fittings throughout
*Custom Turbo Mounting Bracket
*Twin Exhaust Blowoff Valves
*Paxton Intake Blowoff valve
*Boost controller
*Dash Switches for Line Locks & Boost Controller

*Huge Water-to-Air intercooler
*Heat Exchanger
*Paxton Coolant Pump
*Paxton Coolant Tank
*Braided 1" Coolant Lines

*Complete Aeromotive Fuel system
*Eliminator Fuel Pump
*3/4" braided fuel line tank to pump
*5/8" braided fuel line pump to fuel rail
*twin Aeromotive reusable fuel filters
*1/2 Braided Return Fuel Line to tank
*Custom Fuel Fittings throughout
*4 Stand Alone Injectors
*Tunable Stand Alone Injector PCM
*Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
*Aeromotive Fuel pressure boost control

I took the truck in to my friend's dyno in Ft. Worth called Simple-Quick Racing last Tuesday, Sep 28th. It was the day before a cold front came in so it was still 93 deg in the shop during the test. The truck put down 822 RWHP & 856 RWT. I had previously installed a pair of 3 chamber 3" flowmasters on the truck. These are horribly flowing mufflers, but they are very-quiet and sound incredible. The truck already had SOOO much power, I put them on anyway. The flowmaster tech line told me on a 1000 HP application I would lose 100 RWHP over straight pipe. I duno about 100, but I'll guarantee its 40 HP down. What I'm saying is, if we pull the mufflers back off, and dyno in 40 deg temps, I bet we see over 900 RWHP if it keeps traction. I really figured in the 93 deg heat with the flowmasters on we wouldn't see 800, but we saw 822, and this was uncorrected. As many of you know, dyno operators can make certain adjustments/corrections to the graph and raise HP numbers slightly. I have the uncorrected dyno sheets too.

I have made some improvements and done a few modifications myself. The truck has a full Aeromotive fuel system. When I got the truck, the fuel pump was set at factory 12v constant feed. Well, the pump only lasted about 3000 miles including the 1000 I had logged up to that point, plus the 2000 miles Fred Voss put on the power train before I got it. I sent the pump off to Aeromotive in Kansas, and had it 100% rebuilt. It has warranty until April 2011. After speaking with a few members here, and Aeromotive, I decided to buy the Aeromotive fuel pump controller which feeds lower voltage to the pump during normal driving then gives it full 12v at full throttle. This should allow the pump to last a long time.

This truck weighs 5040 lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel. I have done everything I could to lose weight. I removed the metal part of the front bumper except for the section between the front frame horns. I left that for safety(god forbid I hit a pole or a tree). The rear bumper has been removed completely. I fabricated some custom brackets, etc, to make the front & rear bumper covers fit correctly. The factory tow package is still in tact 100% and able to tow like 8000 lbs with this truck if you wanted to. I used it to pull a Chrysler minivan on a car hauler trailer once. It pulled wonderfully, and I was surprised it didnt squat the truck at all. The tow package is quite heavy, but can be removed and probably drop another 50 lbs or so.

The next change I made was to re-wire the entire non-factory portion of the wiring of the truck. While installing the fuel pump controller I noticed the non-factory portion of the wiring had a few flaws. After 2 years of the initial installation it was just time to rewire things. Also, this was a good opportunity to learn the wiring of all the mod's. I decided to completely re-wire everything. This included the fuel pump, the water pump for the intercooler, the boost controller, the fuel system PCM, the Line locks, tach signal pick-up module, etc. I also installed an AEM Air/Fuel Monitor.

During this past June, & July here in Texas, I noticed the A/C wasnt blowing as cold as it should. The heat exchanger was mounted directly on the front of the A/C condensor. I removed it and reinstalled it at a 45 deg angle inside the lower portion of the front bumper and installed a super-high velocity fan. This instantly fixed the a/c and now blows very cold.

I installed 18" long 4" aluminum flex Hose to the turbo inlets with New K&N Cone filters to move the inlet air away from the exhaust heat. I also installed 24 all new T-Bolt hose clamps on every section of the intake(At $8 each do the math hose clamps can be expensive).

I added the stripes, and Night Runner headlamps, Night Runner Wheels, 2006 SRT Bed Cover and Dodge Bed Rug, and tinted 2008 tail lights. The stripes were only a test to see if I liked the way they looked before I had them painted on. Well, turns out the stripes took a very long time to put on because I wanted them perfectly straight. They looked so good, I just left them on instead of painting on the truck. If the buyer doesn't like them, just peel them off.

OK, there ya go folks. I hope I have described this truck in complete detail. The truck is in perfect condition, not a scratch on it. It is fully loaded and I have the original window sticker. It has the optional side airbags and tow package. I removed the subwoofer for weight. If I can find it, it will be included too. The factory navigation system was crap, trust me, so I installed a factory 6-Disc In-Dash CD player. The truck has 21,000 miles on it now. The engine and turbo's have about 5,000 miles on them. I have put 3000 miles on the truck myself. The truck has OEM Pirelli Scorpions with about 75% tread remaining. This is a bargain considering the cost to reproduce this truck. I paid Fred a pretty penny, and I have spent a ton getting it all set up 100% perfect, not to mention the body conversion. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to call me. I am asking $39,995 for the truck, but I will take $35,995 from a VTCOA member. I am also open to the idea of taking a trade. If someone has something they want to trade me like a stock SRT-10 + $$$, I'll listen. Just ask for Robert. (817)517-4313

Attachments

• DSC09233.JPG
    DSC09233.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 110,861
  • DSC09237.JPG
    DSC09237.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 2,040
  • DSC09238.JPG
    DSC09238.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 3,719
  • DSC09246.JPG
    DSC09246.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,893
  • DSC09251.JPG
    DSC09251.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 7,289
  • DSC09263.JPG
    DSC09263.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 1,749
  • DSC09275.JPG
    DSC09275.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 4,049
  • DSC09278.JPG
    DSC09278.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 2,915
  • DSC09261.JPG
    DSC09261.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 2,862
  • DSC09257.JPG
    DSC09257.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 26,243
Hate you have to sell....:( ...but I will say that is one of the cleanest lookin turbo jobs I have seen on these trucks (under hood)...:rock:

Hate to thread jack yo ass.........nah I meant to!! That pieced together truck should not even be allowed to sell on this site, especially with the history you have with sales!;) The truck isn't even DOT approved with said bumpers:confused: Better make sure you point out that hack job to every potential buyer so as no to surprise them in the event of an accident!

I still need my F'n tires or $600 cash from over a year ago.:mad:

VENOMOUS1 said:
Hate to thread jack yo ass.........nah I meant to!! That pieced together truck should not even be allowed to sell on this site, especially with the history you have with sales!;) The truck isn't even DOT approved with said bumpers:confused: Better make sure you point out that hack job to every potential buyer so as no to surprise them in the event of an accident!

I still need my F'n tires or $600 cash from over a year ago.:mad:
Geez please tell us how you really feel?

Here's a lil detail from his last post I had to hijack months ago!!

Well, where do we start on your post Rob? First off, I am glad to hear from you on this ordeal, as it has been since end of October 09' since this went down. In December, you got on the forum after not being able to contact you since our swap in Oct., you told the forum of your "Turbo 10" and invited me to come see it. I was in shock, but ready to see it and PMd you about swapping the tires at the same time. Never saw the Turbo truck or my tires cause you wouldn't return a call or PM.

As far as the original deal went, you are correct! I did say we would take care of the tires another time ( late at night and no shops open), but I never said I would just let it be, being my tires were literally weeks old and yours were weather cracked and worn on the inside edges. I called you the next day and several days after to try and arrange with you a time to get back to CLeburne ( 1 1/2 hours) and get the tires swapped and you were also gonna find who could do the 22"s and how much so I was not blindsided when I arrived there. You agreed the night of the swap to find a local tire shop that could mount and balance 22s and find out how much to do so. Now as far as miles I put on the truck on your tires, of course I did, I had to get around when I wanted to drive the 10. I will tell you that those miles were nill and not enough to indicate wear. I have other rides I use way more often than the 10 as most of us here do as well. I have tried 10 months to get this done and the last time we were even close was when you talked about coming to see your Turbo 10 and that was late Dec.? What about the next 7 months?

Bud, I had no intent on ever bringing this to public on this forum but you left me no choice in the matter. Tires aren't cheap (even though those were somewhat inexpensive compared to others, $150 per tire) and I had no reason to go buy another set when I just purchased 4. I did tell you I would pay for both sets mounting and balancing.

Now we can handle this like men and come to some sort of agreement, but I'll be damned to just let it be. Your tires have been off my truck since about May because they are simply unsafe with drycracked sidewalls and inner tire wear even though I barely drive the truck. Every time I took the 10 out I thought of you and my tires since I was riding on MAYPOPS! I have tires now obviously, but will still take those back if you still have them. If not we need to come to terms somehow.

Thanks for standing up after all this time.

Guys here is a copy of my response to mr venomous's problem with me. I spent 2 hours of my time responding to this jibberish, and can no longer afford to mess with him. Anyone with half a brain can see what happened. I offered him something out of the goodness of my heart, he took too long to get back with me, and my hands were tied. I am just a middle man catching the brunt of someone who doesnt understand business. There is nothing further I can say. Is there any way to have a moderator stop him from intruding on my posts?

Post like 2 or 3 months ago:

<<Yes, I have a life outside my computer. Sometimes I have a life where the computer is the last of my problems and worries. Scott, you received no response from me because the first thing I read from you was a public slandering of me, and now I see sarcasm which I am not a fan of either. To top it off you have labeled me a "person who has screwed over numerous members of the VTCOA". Previously, you went too far so I was not going to take my time, but since you refuse to let it go, and are putting labels on me, I suppose my side of the story might be in order, since your now making me out to be some kind of thief who randomly screws people over on the VTCOA board, then comes begging for help. Scott, do you realize just how serious public slandering is?

I would like anyone else who I have screwed over to please make it public. But guess what, no one else is gonna chime in because I haven't screwed anyone over. I am a human who lives a human life, and "screwing someone", and "being slow" are two very different things which I guess you grouped together in the hopes of "bringing out the truth about robwclark". Ok I'll play ball for this one post, but anything negative you further bring to the table will be ignored. If after this response you have a gang of fellow robwclark haters, then I'll take my ass somewhere else, however I don't think this board is full of dummies.

Just like any conflict, miscommunication, error, or even a good screwing(as applied to me as you say), there are always two sides to every story. I am not a crook, nor a con artist, or even slightly dishonest, I am a Hard working Christian father of 4 who strives to make sure I treat everyone the way I want to be treated. Scott you are the classic "offer and inch, and take a mile" person. You say I screwed you out of a NEW set of tires. Well, that's a heck of a strong statement considering on the VERY OUTSIDE I screwed you out of 30% of a set of tires, which is still untrue in my opinion, but lets see.

OK guys here's the story(gosh I hate typing long posts):

A number of months ago, maybe November/Dec, last winter me and Scott sort of made friends because we are kinda close by and have a similar interest(VTCOA). I don't remember exactly how, but Scott saw a picture with an SRT10 in the background or something, and made it known to me he would like to trade me his stock wheels/tires for a set of black aftermarket wheels & tires I had on a truck we had in inventory. This would be an advantage for him and the company I work for as they always prefer stock wheels on its vehicles. As I recall, there was a money difference of $200 or so I was giving him with the black wheels.

Now, here's where I made an honest mistake.
I did make the honest mistake of telling Scott the tires on the black wheels were pretty new with an estimated 80-90% tread remaining as when I looked at them, that was my honest opinion. He told me his tires were new, but that he was fine with the trade as long as the tread was pretty close. Well a couple of days later Scott shows up with his truck about 7 or 8 PM ready to swap wheels/tires. We go back to my shop where the truck is that has the black wheels Scott is wanting to trade for. Scott is looking at the wheels/tires and then says something to the effect of "man my tires have more tread then these do" I responded by telling him lets go compare the two side by side. After looking at the tires side by side, it was obvious I had made a mistake, and the tires probably had 70% tread and I am just learning his tires are "BRAND NEW" so yes there was about a 30% tread difference. At that point, my exact words to Scott are"well man I thought these tires were pretty new, but now I see your set, I see I made a mistake". I then told Scott "Well man, its up to you, I am sorry about the tread difference", "Now, I know I made a mistake on the tread depth, but I can't offer you any more money with these black wheels". "At this hour, there are no tires shops open to mount/balance them, so if you still wanna trade we can, but if not, no hard feelings". I then told him I would cover his gas driving here because the mistake was my fault. He said " Well lets just do it anyway. I really want these black wheels and tires"

OK, people, listen up. At that point, deal is on, its done, and we are busy swapping wheels/tires. Out of the goodness of my heart along with my big mouth that cant stay shut, I tell Scott : "Hey man, if you wanna come back during daytime business hours and pay to remount the tires so you can keep your new tires, that will be fine, just get it done pretty quick as I have a boss to answer to. OK people, listen up again: At this point, I own his wheels & tires, he owns mine. I simply wanted to be sure he was happy with the deal, because that's the kind of person I am. His response was " Well, Its a long drive up here , and with my work schedule, I doubt I'll be doing that, The tread is close enough for me". I took his response as declining my offer. We finish swapping the wheels, shake hands, shoot the S for an hour, and he goes home. About 2 weeks later he sends me a text or voice message saying he wants to take me up on my offer of swapping the tires. I promptly respond to him telling him OK, but lets get it done. He tells me he is coming on the next Saturday to come do the tire swap. At this point I am already in trouble with my boss, as she doesn't want me spending my time at work at a tire shop for 2 hours while we wait on a tire swap. Well, Scott calls me up and wants to do it another time because "this Saturday wont work". I just said well OK, just lemme know. I cant promise it happened again, but if my memory serves me correctly, he changed his mind twice 2 different weekends, and by that time he had been driving on the tires enough to place considerable wear on them. Another week or 2 or even 3 goes by, As of this point in time, I have forgotten about the whole deal and am on to the next 20 things I have to do at work.

I have had 3 personal issues in the past 2 years that have placed me in such a crazy-busy position, I cant even begin to describe the rough patches I have been through. Well, one of these things was a personal issue with one of my children in the later part of last year(2009). I remember when I got back to work, one of the MANY problems I had was an upset Scott who had in the meantime decided to slander me publicly, and at that point it was not going to be possible to do any trading of tires as he's been driving on them for a month or two, or 3 maybe, and my boss would have said no to any further trading/swapping parts. Because he had slandered me, it simply angered me, so I dint give much of an answer. I even just received a PM from Scott on May 5th warning me he was going to have to go public with the problem. The bad thing was, he already had. I guess he didn't realize I had already seen his post.

Well folks there you have it, 2 hours of my time wasted, but at least there's an answer. This is a completely ignorant problem, that if Scott will choose to think about with a truth-seeking open mind, he will remember we didn't just make some deal the night he picked the wheels up to come back and swap tires. That was an offer I made as a courtesy that he actually declined, then called up and wanted to accept later. I truly feel I am actually due an apology. I have a boss to answer to, and I cant please everyone, so there ya go people.

QUICK NOTE QUICK NOTE: I personally made absolutely no personal gain by trading as I was only doing my job at the dealership I work at which is reconditioning vehicles. This was not a trade that I personally benefited from! Kinda sucks to have your personal life slandered as a result of your job performance.>>

badblackhemi said:
Wow! Hmmm, this WAS worth going to the bank to talk about loans, but...

Your gonna have a hard time getting approved anyway unless you have some marvelous credit. The loan value is in the low to mid 20's. Whoever buys this truck will have to have a large down payment or pay cash. As for your "WAS" going to the bank statement. Good job scott you already hurt me. Happy now? There are 2 sides to every story. Guys if you go back to my posting history you will find time and time again, all I do when I log on here is try and help other people with issues. I have spent countless hours responding to members probelms just trying to help. Check scott out. I'll guarantee he doesnt have half the "helping people" responses I do. I'm not a bad person and this really bothers me at this point.

It's obvious the two of you aren't going to agree on what happened. And nobody but the two of you really know what happened. So I'm gonna leave it all up here, let those interested hear both sides and make up their own minds. Personally, if I had the cash to spend, I don't think I'd be afraid to buy the truck.

I will say this though, keep it civil.

OCBob said:
It's obvious the two of you aren't going to agree on what happened. And nobody but the two of you really know what happened. So I'm gonna leave it all up here, let those interested hear both sides and make up their own minds. Personally, if I had the cash to spend, I don't think I'd be afraid to buy the truck.

I will say this though, keep it civil.

Thanks Bob. Always civil man. Thanks for the reply. To my knowledge he has never contested my "complete" side of the story. He can't really, unless his memory is broken. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over. I dunno. Thanks again.

robwclark said:
I thought I put it in the post, but it has Pirelli Scorpions at about 75% tread.
I was breaking balls. Get it haha he said he wants his tires or his money.

robwclark said:
Thanks Bob. Always civil man. Thanks for the reply. To my knowledge he has never contested my "complete" side of the story. He can't really, unless his memory is broken. He just keeps saying the same thing over and over. I dunno. Thanks again.
not to thread jack or to even get involved because i wasn't there but.. i know for a fact he talked to your neighbor. or who ever the old lady is next door when you magically disappeared for a few months. i remember something about a title mix up and some one gone to jail.... but i could be wrong anyway continue..

Yes you may have posted a half assed response to a question here and there but how often on this forum? Long enough to sell some shit you have concocted. Whether a wrongly described Night Runner fir sale to a member of our Armed Forces, an incomplete Paxton S/C kit, or a measly set of tires, you've been corrupt on this forum and me personally. And my "broken memory" reminds me every once in a blue moon you post, of how you think you got over on me. You avoided phone calls and PMs from the very next day if trading until over a month later when you got Freds truck ( the one you hacked and are trying to pawn off) and invited Tooloe and myself to come see it. I agreed to be there the next few days and you never answered a call, nor returned a message whether phone or PM on the forum. You would log in so often but yet not post a thing.

You need to resolve this with $600 or a set of new tires
Falken Ziex 305/40-22

b15470.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back