2004 SRT10 Ram for sale

Bud I'm not going to bash you for getting a new Mustang, if anyone has driven one they know it will blow the doors off of a stock 10... and will still probably smoke a mildly modded one. I myself would keep the 10 but to each their own. The reason dealers aren't offering you more money is because the truck isn't worth more than $15,000 on a private sale, I'm assuming they're only offering you like $13K and if they are offering you more then trust me they are making it up in the price of the Mustang! If a Mustang is truly what you want then just trade in the truck and eat the difference that is being rolled in. Realistically it is your only option as you have already said that you can't sell it for any cheaper because you owe too much. GOOD LUCK!

Yeah at this moment im just posting it wherever i can in hopes someone buys it from me. As i said before i love this truck and if i won the lottery i would pay this truck off and keep the thing and buy my mustang! lol

But alas i cant afford to keep both and my girlfriend says i can only have one fun car >.<

Yeah, if you like Honda Accords. Cuz I see very little distinctions.
You're from California... which is like another way of saying that you are 2 cents short of a happy meal. It's cool though. We love the slow kids here too.

2015 Accord?

2015-mustang-competition-orange.jpg

good luck then, i bet i couldn't get 18K for mine right now even though i just put 8K in new parts in it and it only has 75K miles

That's bc it's slow. Faster colors bring more $$$. Like silver for instance.

To the OP. Trade the truck in now so a diehard SRT owner can buy it. And if your girl friend is controlling your vehicle purchases already, you're in trouble later.

You're from California... which is like another way of saying that you are 2 cents short of a happy meal. It's cool though. We love the slow kids here too.

2015 Accord?

2015-mustang-competition-orange.jpg

It's cute. I'm sure moms love them too. ;)

When i got my new job i wanted something fun to drive. I always told myself when i buy my first mustang it will be brand new so that i know wverything done to it. But, sadly i didnt have good enough credit to get a new one. So i took a few months and looked around for something that i would like to have and came across my 10. Bank approved me so i got it.

New purchases following new jobs are the worst idea ever. Most new people that work for me never make it past the 90 day probation period so I would never suggest to anyone to make a major purchase unless they have been at a job for at least 1 year and have received some form of raise to validate that they have a long standing job.

Now, dont get me wrong i LOVE my 10 but the funny part is if i got a brand new mustang gt, i would end up saving money overall. My insurance would acually drop some and the mustang would save a good bit in gas overall. And payments wont be much higher than what im paying now. So a mustang would be cheaper for me to own now that i have good enough credit to get it into the payments i want.

Explain to me how exchanging a $15k loan for a $35k loan will save you money? Don't rationalize purchases solely based on their monthly costs and I find it really hard to believe that insurance on a new $35k sports car are less then a 10 year old pickup. Gas savings is the only logical thing that you said but even it would take you years to make up the difference in debt that you are going into.

If by some crazy chance i won the lottery or something i would defiantly pay the 10 off and keep it and more than likley own a mustang as well lol

It doesn't take winning the lottery to own two cars - it takes common sense financial choices and sacrificing a little.

Yeah at this moment im just posting it wherever i can in hopes someone buys it from me. As i said before i love this truck and if i won the lottery i would pay this truck off and keep the thing and buy my mustang! lol

But alas i cant afford to keep both and my girlfriend says i can only have one fun car >.<

Your Girlfriend says???? Geez, he wants a Mustang which is pussy enough, and his Girlfriend-not even his Wife-is telling him, and he's listening to what HE can do.

You may not be worthy of owning a badass Viper powered Truck.

Now...to start i repect you guys opinion.

First i posted the truck for sale on this fourm as well so it could give a true SRT lover the chance to buy it.

Next yes i listen to my girlfriend because i love and respect her opinion but i still make my own choices in the end.

Then i currently own 2 cars my daily and my 10. The mustang will be cheaper overall to own. With how much parts can get for the 10, gas milage of the 10, and insurance being cheaper with the mustang i would actually save money. So by that definition wouldnt owning the mustang be the better financial decision?

Now i know you guys love the trucks and so do i! But the mustang has been my dream car since i was little so im taking my chance to get it.

If you dont like that thats perfectly fine! Everyone has their own opinion and I respect you choice as i ask you respect mine.

Now...to start i repect you guys opinion.

First i posted the truck for sale on this fourm as well so it could give a true SRT lover the chance to buy it.

Next yes i listen to my girlfriend because i love and respect her opinion but i still make my own choices in the end.

Then i currently own 2 cars my daily and my 10. The mustang will be cheaper overall to own. With how much parts can get for the 10, gas milage of the 10, and insurance being cheaper with the mustang i would actually save money. So by that definition wouldnt owning the mustang be the better financial decision?

Now i know you guys love the trucks and so do i! But the mustang has been my dream car since i was little so im taking my chance to get it.

If you dont like that thats perfectly fine! Everyone has their own opinion and I respect you choice as i ask you respect mine.

Just giving you a hard time bud. Despite Chris the caveman defender of mustangs coming to the rescue lol, it's a cool car. In the end, only you can decide what is best for you and the Ms. So good luck and I hope it all works out for ya.

Guy I work with has a new stang. Just had the dealer install a blower & cat back on it. Sounds bad ass.
There is a junkyard next to where I work. He picked up a piece of metal in one of the run flat tires. The new tire was over $400 list and had to come from South Carolina. Because of that he bought a new Focus for back-and-forth to work.

If I had his money I would burn mine.

Guy I work with has a new stang. Just had the dealer install a blower & cat back on it. Sounds bad ass.
There is a junkyard next to where I work. He picked up a piece of metal in one of the run flat tires. The new tire was over $400 list and had to come from South Carolina. Because of that he bought a new Focus for back-and-forth to work.

If I had his money I would burn mine.

don't burn it, give it to me. .......

Just giving you a hard time bud. Despite Chris the caveman defender of mustangs coming to the rescue lol, is a cool cat. In the end, only he can decide what is best for you and the Ms. So good luck and I hope it all works out for ya.

I highlighted all the important parts of what you just said, just in case the OP missed it. :D

Everyone has their own opinion and I respect you choice as i ask you respect mine.
The best thing about the VTCoA (besides Dan, because we all know he's dreamy) is that we don't say things just to make each other feel good. There are other forums for that, like gayforum.org or some other place where Mustang owners congregate (WADR, etc, etc). You can do whatever you want with your truck, obviously. But, getting replacing it with a brand new car that will lose $10,000 in value over the first 10,000 miles, so you can save a few bucks on gas or insurance, and because "parts are cheaper", is uh, "unwise".

Get the Mustang if you want. Just don't kid yourself, or expect to be able to BS into believing that it's a "wise financial decision".

Lastly, just because I am feeling froggy, here's some advice: stop modding vehicles that the bank owns. Take any mod money you have and put it towards the principal on your loan. If you really work at it, I bet you could pay off your $17k loan in half the time of your loan. Then you'd have a vehicle that was worth something, and could do whatever you wanted with it. A great thing about SRT10's is that they are old enough, and collectible enough, that they hold their value well. There isn't a lot of difference in the price of a truck with 15k miles and a truck with 95k miles.

Last edited:

It is hard to question your financial strategy without knowing all the details but I will say look at the long term costs because getting into a longer term loan to lower your monthly payments is not a sound financial move. If your truck is in good working order and you expect it to last the duration of your loan without major problems then your best financial decision would be to keep it and when it is paid off use the equity in it on a trade-in. If your heart is set on owning a new Mustang and you don't care about the financial consequences of the purchase then enjoy it. But I will tell you that the best part about owning a vehicle is OWNING a vehicle - the last payment you make is much more satisfying than the first payment that you make.

It is hard to question your financial strategy without knowing all the details but I will say look at the long term costs because getting into a longer term loan to lower your monthly payments is not a sound financial move. If your truck is in good working order and you expect it to last the duration of your loan without major problems then your best financial decision would be to keep it and when it is paid off use the equity in it on a trade-in. If your heart is set on owning a new Mustang and you don't care about the financial consequences of the purchase then enjoy it. But I will tell you that the best part about owning a vehicle is OWNING a vehicle - the last payment you make is much more satisfying than the first payment that you make.

There truly is not a better feeling, except maybe making your last mortgage payment. :D

I highlighted all the important parts of what you just said, just in case the OP missed it. :D

The best thing about the VTCoA (besides Dan, because we all know he's dreamy) is that we don't say things just to make each other feel good. There are other forums for that, like gayforum.org or some other place where Mustang owners congregate (WADR, etc, etc). You can do whatever you want with your truck, obviously. But, getting replacing it with a brand new car that will lose $10,000 in value over the first 10,000 miles, so you can save a few bucks on gas or insurance, and because "parts are cheaper", is uh, "unwise".

Get the Mustang if you want. Just don't kid yourself, or expect to be able to BS into believing that it's a "wise financial decision".

Lastly, just because I am feeling froggy, here's some advice: stop modding vehicles that the bank owns. Take any mod money you have and put it towards the principal on your loan. If you really work at it, I bet you could pay off your $17k loan in half the time of your loan. Then you'd have a vehicle that was worth something, and could do whatever you wanted with it. A great thing about SRT10's is that they are old enough, and collectible enough, that they hold their value well. There isn't a lot of difference in the price of a truck with 15k miles and a truck with 95k miles.

Hahaha! Good job Chris, your editing was on point. That was exactly what I meant. I just couldn't find the words to express myself. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back