2005 RC ROE SUPERCHARGED

There's not a thing in the world wrong with a rebuilt title! If it's fixed correctly then IMHO the value shouldn't be much less.;)

Some people just go nuts if something has had body/paint work and it really hacks me off sometimes!!:mad: Rant over...:rofl:

Kyle, I agree with your thinking on the rebuilt title. Here in Illinois a car can be issued a salvage title if it encounters damage over 33% above the fair market value of the vehicle. In some cases that could be a low speed accident with damage to a bumper, fenders and hood. Others can be theft recovery vehicles that weren't recovered in a timely manner. Some don't even have any parts missing - just salvaged because the insurance paid out for the loss. The only thing a rebuilt title does is raise a red flag to do your homework and find out what the cause was.

he responded to my text....

Kyle, I agree with your thinking on the rebuilt title. Here in Illinois a car can be issued a salvage title if it encounters damage over 33% above the fair market value of the vehicle. In some cases that could be a low speed accident with damage to a bumper, fenders and hood. Others can be theft recovery vehicles that weren't recovered in a timely manner. Some don't even have any parts missing - just salvaged because the insurance paid out for the loss. The only thing a rebuilt title does is raise a red flag to do your homework and find out what the cause was.

If you have documents of what was repaired or even pictures that goes a LONG ways! Also if the price reflects the repairs then it shouldn't matter.

Beautiful truck. Would love to see a pic under hood if possible

"going mach 2 with my hair on fire!"

72606ebb77250a03a4aa5614d9670a98.jpg

Had a family emergency come up and need to sell truck asap!

Good talking with you on the phone just now, bro. I'm a little nervous about the Carfax showing a rollover, but will still buy it if the price is right. Let me know when you are ready for a serious cash offer.

AutoCheck report shows accident in Dec 2005 listed as "moderate damage" and listed as salvage title due to insurance loss. I would have to guess that a 2005 vehicle having an accident in 2005 would have to be pretty significant to be a complete loss. North Carolina shows salvage titles are issued when the vehicle repairs are over 75% of the fair market value - in this case I am guessing repairs were over 25K. Whoever fixed it put 13K miles on it and it has had a few other owners since then that have added miles to it so that is a good sign that the repairs were good.

AutoCheck report shows accident in Dec 2005 listed as "moderate damage" and listed as salvage title due to insurance loss. I would have to guess that a 2005 vehicle having an accident in 2005 would have to be pretty significant to be a complete loss. North Carolina shows salvage titles are issued when the vehicle repairs are over 75% of the fair market value - in this case I am guessing repairs were over 25K. Whoever fixed it put 13K miles on it and it has had a few other owners since then that have added miles to it so that is a good sign that the repairs were good.

Apparently Carfax offers more detailed information about the damage that was done than AutoCheck.

The fact its had a handful of owners since would make me more suspicious. I've usually perceived it that someone wants their problem to become someone else's problem.

Some of you crack me up. He is asking about 10 grand LESS than a comparable truck with a clear title would be going for. And it still gets picked apart.

Rant over.

Some of you crack me up. He is asking about 10 grand LESS than a comparable truck with a clear title would be going for. And it still gets picked apart.

Rant over.

I agree with you totally. I fix cars for a living and for the most part I can fix any car and none of you would be able to tell the difference. Until someone goes and puts eyes on it and says it's different from what he says then we should stop bashing his truck. I could probably pick most of your trucks a part with imperfections and bad body lines and gaps.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back