2005 with 80k miles

louisianaSVT1001

Reaction score
Found a 2005 SRT 10 with 80k on the clock near me for a good price and may go take a look at it.

What should I look closely at? Any special questions I should ask? Just not sure what to look for as I am not nearly as familiar with this platform as I am with my Lightning.

Pics look great but he is asking 15k which makes me leery.

RC or QC???

common to both...

engine oil cooler lines &/or P/s line leakage

with 80K the basic mechanical stuff, brakes, tires, tire wear, etc.

ask if the front hub bearins have been replaced, if not probably time.

last tune up & oil change, if any

photos here would help, we like photos:rock::rock::rock:

if ya can get the VIN either Viper Jeff or a CarFax report would be a help:rock:

Last edited:
Where are you located? There are a lot of guys in La that can take a look and help you out. Price is great but vin has to be checked with Carfax and Viper Jeff.

Yeah I see where he swapped wheels with someone. It had factory wheels that were painted black at one time

compression test and leak down test first of all. Since it's a t56, it's not expensive to go through once sent to a good shop. But the motor is $$$$

Also the sport truck scene does suck down here. Especially for the 10's. My truck came from Tennessee in 08. So dont be afraid to drive or fly to get the truck you want the most. Some nice ones on here pop up for sale although some want way too much.

And if you do get a 10, shoot me a pm if you ever want to come to some L meets or track visits with us. We always welcome anyone.

compression test and leak down test first of all. Since it's a t56, it's not expensive to go through once sent to a good shop. But the motor is $$$$

Also the sport truck scene does suck down here. Especially for the 10's. My truck came from Tennessee in 08. So dont be afraid to drive or fly to get the truck you want the most. Some nice ones on here pop up for sale although some want way too much.

And if you do get a 10, shoot me a pm if you ever want to come to some L meets or track visits with us. We always welcome anyone.

Thanks for the info and for the invite

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back