2005 with 80k miles

The 10 looks great, but $15,000 is cheap. Double check everything. Can you get that VIN? There are some people here that may know the history of the 10. That would help you with your decision. You don't want to buy someone else's problem, but you don't want to pass on a good deal either. Good Luck.

How well do these engines hold up after the miles are stacked on? Any issues that show up after 100k?

there are several in the 100K+ club & supposed to be one in the 200K+ club & still goin strong.:rock::rock::rock:

one or two has many passes on them:burnout::rock:

It's a good looking truck, any mods?

How well do these engines hold up after the miles are stacked on? Any issues that show up after 100k?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the engine isn't too expensive to refresh. If you do the bottlm end, it should be near the same cost as most v8's with the additional cost of two more cylinders. Thats assuming the crank is still reusable. If you replace the valve train Springs and leave the cams and port work alone, you can have a "new" engine.

So if the body etc is in good shape and it's only 15k, you may have a great platform to start with.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the engine isn't too expensive to refresh. If you do the bottlm end, it should be near the same cost as most v8's with the additional cost of two more cylinders. Thats assuming the crank is still reusable. If you replace the valve train Springs and leave the cams and port work alone, you can have a "new" engine.

So if the body etc is in good shape and it's only 15k, you may have a great platform to start with.

Agreed but who wants a stock engine? :dontknow:

But 15K for the truck and 15K for the great rebuild and now your talking. :burnout:

Considering arrestme went 10.8 with bolt ons on a stock engine(spray, bolt ons, driver mod etc) , id say since it will be stronger than stock.... It is appealing to many people.

It's $15K to rebuild these?!

That's forged----at least as I understand it. Need to ask VENOMOUS1 or others to get the straight skinny on actual cost. I asked Scott a few months back and as I recall he said between 12 and 15K to forge----that does not consider them whinny things they add to boost HP. :D

A local to me spend 8k at Roe racing to build his motor(heads not ported/stock cams). and that's Roe which is probably more expensive than other shops. I forgot what other two quotes he got but they were way higher. Shop around.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back