2010 Hemi Ram

ViperPete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

A friend of mine has a 2010 Dodge Ram crew cab 4x4 Hemi 1500.

He's wanting to do several things to the truck but want's to get the best bang for his buck.

What engine computer/tuner would you recommend? he want's more punch but doesn't want to sacrafice fuel economy either.

Cold Air intake?

Header back exhaust?

He's not that familar with "car-guy" lingo :burnout:

Any help is appreciated.

I had a 04 QC Hemi. I had a cai, headers.cat back exhaust, nos and the pcm tuned. It ran great. You will have to get it tuned after you are done with all the work.

OK but what brands did you go with?

How much Hp increase and what was your fuel economy like?

look into the Diablosport Predator tuner. Makes a nice gain on those trucks with the canned tunes :)

CAI - K&N
Header - Gibson
Cat back - Flowmaster
Tune - DC. Performance will do the Hemi
Nitrous Express system.

the big 3
CAI dont know who offers for the gen 4s
exhaust- dosent make much diffrence witch way he goes
tunner... I use Superchips Cortex and love it

as for HP gains who knows never ben on a Dyno but the seat of the paints dyno says it good.

HTC could answer these questions for him

Buddy of mine with a newer Hemi ram ('10 or '09) put a Predator on and went from 15.2 in the quarter to 14.7 same night. *shrugs* :) Plus you can get custom tunes through CMR with the Predator's also (via email) if you upgrade further, force=feed it or what not. :) Haven't ever tried the other ones, but thought I'd give a little more info on this one. :)

I've seen a few with CAI, Cat back exhaust and a tune put down around 350-360rwhp from 310, hella good gains for less then $1k. Id go with a Volant intake and download predator tuner though, exhaust is whatever...

on my 03 hemi ram i have tune, cold air, and 4.56 gears and im running SRT8 6.1l challengers and new R/T hemis. I have full exhaust from LTs catless and an x pipe and mufflers but thats not installed yet. Gears are always a great bang for the buck since highest ratio from dodge is 3.92 but the R/Ts come with 4.10s and still get pretty good mileage.

on my 03 hemi ram i have tune, cold air, and 4.56 gears and im running SRT8 6.1l challengers and new R/T hemis. I have full exhaust from LTs catless and an x pipe and mufflers but thats not installed yet. Gears are always a great bang for the buck since highest ratio from dodge is 3.92 but the R/Ts come with 4.10s and still get pretty good mileage.
What sorta times you running to keep up with them SRT8 challengers? :)

maybe r/ts not srts. i had more done than u and couldnt do that...

on my 22s i was running 9.5s and was taking my buddys srt8 magnum and his brothers srt8 chally to 60-65 on the street. with the 17s im running 9.45 and i cant hook at the strip

Keep in mind they were both auto and stock and that was with the 3.92s

1/8th mile?? I was running 8.7 N/A on street tires and I know the Automatic guys were doing even better. Maybe they were just babying it?? :) Auto LX/LC SRT8's have 3.06 gears, fyi. Only the Challenger SRT8 6-speed manual and the R/T challenger 6-speed manual with 20" wheel option got the 3.92 gears. :) (non 20" wheel option R/T 6-speeds got a 3.73 gear). :) I suppose you mean you only had the 3.92 gears at the time, not the current 4.56's :) (helps to read signatures sometimes, haha). :) So yeah, ignore that middle part, lol.

Go to truckin magazine website they put in a cam and a cai and then a tune on it and I think it increased some thing like 25hp/25tq pretty much across the board though some parts of the power band were as much as like 45 hp and 35 TQ. Just another option, go online and order these old magazines (all 2011) Volume 37 number 10-12 all had write ups on the hemi and started with basic upgrades all the way to a stroked kit install. At least gives your buddy something to look at with broken down dyno charts after each mod. Good luck.

If u say they were babying it but all 3 of us spun hard off the line. I didnt pull far from them pulled maybe 1 length from the magnum and 1/2 length from the challenger...then the challenger pulled up around 55 and passed me at 60

If u say they were babying it but all 3 of us spun hard off the line. I didnt pull far from them pulled maybe 1 length from the magnum and 1/2 length from the challenger...then the challenger pulled up around 55 and passed me at 60
I wasn't trying to disparage what happened in your race, just curious :) The Driver Mod is always the ultimate equalizer, haha.

I had both a drop in filter and a CAI on my 09, which is the same engine. I noticed no difference from the drop in to the CAI, well other than sound.

I have a Superchips on my 09 with a custom transmission schedule, that was the BIG WOW on my truck. I can send you my schedule if interested. 4x4 RC sport and I can hit 5.8 0-60, which I am happy with. Only other thing I did was swap out the muffler, left everything else stock there, so that was no help other than sound.

I originally had the Diablo (back when it was first released), to many issue with it. I am sure they are OK now, but I think they may have rushed it to be first to market for the new GEN Hemi Ram.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back