2015 Chally Drag Pak test runs

been nice if they showed E.T.'s & speed

they still offer the Viper Drag Pack???

As big a MOPAR guy as I have been and as much as the Challenger is by FAR the best looking of the next gen muscle cars...its still just slow compared to the GT and SS. YES the new Hellcat is one HELL of a car but I think we'd be hard pressed to say that the next offering of the GT500 won't do all that and more.

The SRT8 is what the R/T should be because that's a closer comparison performance wise to the GT and SS. The SRT8 should be the Hellcat. They are big comfy highway brawlers and represent well enough in the 1320 but dollar for dollar the GT, then the SS offer a much better value than the R/T. I wish it were not true but those are the digs. Ma Mopar is just not getting it done with the R/Ts right now. As great as the SRT8 is its still pretty pricey for the performance you get out of other similarly priced GTs and SS.

'Moe

The original drag pak cars were hemi based.

The SRT8 is nothing but a 4400lb highway cruiser [ I have one :D ]. It's very comfortable, being an SRT8 has the nicer seats, better brakes, sits an inch+ lower. With the few mods I have I can set the cruise at 80 and get right at 22mpg all day long even with the craptastic gas we have. It would be better with no ethynol in it. That 6spd is well worth it.

Judging by the looks of that engine that may be the all aluminum one that they can quite easily take out to 448cid.

I hope they have a parallel path with the drag pak being viper powered as well.

--CC

As big a MOPAR guy as I have been and as much as the Challenger is by FAR the best looking of the next gen muscle cars...its still just slow compared to the GT and SS. YES the new Hellcat is one HELL of a car but I think we'd be hard pressed to say that the next offering of the GT500 won't do all that and more.

The SRT8 is what the R/T should be because that's a closer comparison performance wise to the GT and SS. The SRT8 should be the Hellcat. They are big comfy highway brawlers and represent well enough in the 1320 but dollar for dollar the GT, then the SS offer a much better value than the R/T. I wish it were not true but those are the digs. Ma Mopar is just not getting it done with the R/Ts right now. As great as the SRT8 is its still pretty pricey for the performance you get out of other similarly priced GTs and SS.

'Moe

and that is why for 2015 you can get a R/T with the 6.4 as an option and not have to step up to the SRT8

The original drag pak cars were hemi based.

The SRT8 is nothing but a 4400lb highway cruiser [ I have one :D ]. It's very comfortable, being an SRT8 has the nicer seats, better brakes, sits an inch+ lower. With the few mods I have I can set the cruise at 80 and get right at 22mpg all day long even with the craptastic gas we have. It would be better with no ethynol in it. That 6spd is well worth it.

Judging by the looks of that engine that may be the all aluminum one that they can quite easily take out to 448cid.

I hope they have a parallel path with the drag pak being viper powered as well.

--CC
Welcome to the VTCoA.

and that is why for 2015 you can get a R/T with the 6.4 as an option and not have to step up to the SRT8
Really? This is the first time I have heard that. How much does that option cost?

Yeah you can option the 392 Hemi without going to the SRT8. I forget what its called but its about $38k and just a hair under the SRT8 core sticker.

'Moe

R/t with the manual trans is 38k add the 8-speed for 1400(which is a must IMO). Not too bad for a very low 12 second car. I wouldn't doubt it might be in the high 11's with a tune

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back