2016 Ram SRT-10

I stand corrected on the starting price which looks about right, 85K should have checked it first. I have just been hearing all of the jacked up prices and the fact they are not selling them all that much. Plus I looked around for a couple at dealers and saw a base price on one for 120K and 140K with options. That's ridicerous :)

I don't anticipate another RAM SRT10 and would be shocked if it happened. If however it does they should consider the 4 door option in the mix. If the price is in the 60-67K range I think it is doable. I guess we will have to see.

People seem to forget these trucks were 55k-62k brand new
This is true. When i wanted a stock 13 sec truck in 08, i couldnt even think about buying a clean low mile srt10 RC ram because they costed nearly 10-15k + more than my budget. So i settled on what i have now.

As time goes on, younger people will buy these expensive toys. I'm very pleased the majority here is more mature acting than typical forums. i know the lightning forums i been on for years and years went to crap with drama.:dontknow:

I really wish dodge would make a 6.4 hemi ram in a stripped down no option single cab ram, same for fords 6.2. Let the public play if they want. And of course a 6 speed manual option. Dodge has the nasty 8 speed. Ford needs to up their auto trans game imo.

Ralph for some reason thinks a 4dr performance pickup is a bad idea. Putting the 48RE in the QC was the mistake, not making the QC SRT10. I wish he would see that to be the case. There are a lot of QC's out there and the RC are awesome too. There is a place for both, I would have never been able to keep mine for over 7 years if it were not a 4 door because of kids. Just do it right. SRT10 QC with 8 speed and paddle shifters. Problem solved.

Now we're talking ! :top:

They could actually save in design cost if they would simply read this forum.
A lot of good information is available here to make a new Viper truck with the necessary updates compared to ours.
What i would like to see changed / added on a 2016 QC version,compared to my 2006, is:
as a standard:
auto transmission with paddles (as stated earlier)
a 2,5" to 3" lowering compared to the 4x2 hemi's 2016 (or air suspension)
sway bar on the rear axle
a nice sporty steering wheel

as an option:
xenon headlights
choice of two or three different interior color setup

For the rest they can copy the 2006 into a 2016 model. With this i mean some nice sporty cladding, sport seats, upgraded engine, etc all in a 2016 update.

How much would you guys pay for a Hellcat powered Ram? If I could get one for under $70k, I would.

This is true. When i wanted a stock 13 sec truck in 08, i couldnt even think about buying a clean low mile srt10 RC ram because they costed nearly 10-15k + more than my budget. So i settled on what i have now.

As time goes on, younger people will buy these expensive toys. I'm very pleased the majority here is more mature acting than typical forums. i know the lightning forums i been on for years and years went to crap with drama.:dontknow:

I really wish dodge would make a 6.4 hemi ram in a stripped down no option single cab ram, same for fords 6.2. Let the public play if they want. And of course a 6 speed manual option. Dodge has the nasty 8 speed. Ford needs to up their auto trans game imo.
Don't blame me for this. I've tried hard to correct the issue of too much maturity. :D

If they ever put the HellCat engine into the Ram there is no reason an RC should have a higher starting price than the Challenger. I have to say that I myself would really prefer a 10 to stay a 10 though and utilize the 8.4. Another thing to remember is if the Vipers now have a starting price of $85K then the new SRT-10 Ram shouldn't be much more than they were back in 06. My 06 SRT Ram RC I'm almost positive had a sticker of $52K and I think it had just about every option. The 06 coupe I have now had a sticker of $88K!!!
06 Viper Coupe = $88K
06 Ram SRT 10 = $52K
$$Difference$$ = $36K

2015 Viper Coupe = $85K
-$36K
= $49K This is what the new Ram SRT-10 should cost!!!

This is basic math which doesn't lie. So those of you haters that say it would never happen because they would be $70-80K and there is no market for that, I hope this clears things up for you! Even if you were to add $10,000 to that I'll tell you what, I'll be the first in line if a 2016 Ram SRT comes out with a fully forged 8.4 for $59,000!!!!

If they ever put the HellCat engine into the Ram there is no reason an RC should have a higher starting price than the Challenger. I have to say that I myself would really prefer a 10 to stay a 10 though and utilize the 8.4. Another thing to remember is if the Vipers now have a starting price of $85K then the new SRT-10 Ram shouldn't be much more than they were back in 06. My 06 SRT Ram RC I'm almost positive had a sticker of $52K and I think it had just about every option. The 06 coupe I have now had a sticker of $88K!!!
06 Viper Coupe = $88K
06 Ram SRT 10 = $52K
$$Difference$$ = $36K

2015 Viper Coupe = $85K
-$36K
= $49K This is what the new Ram SRT-10 should cost!!!

This is basic math which doesn't lie. So those of you haters that say it would never happen because they would be $70-80K and there is no market for that, I hope this clears things up for you! Even if you were to add $10,000 to that I'll tell you what, I'll be the first in line if a 2016 Ram SRT comes out with a fully forged 8.4 for $59,000!!!!
I don't see Dodge ever putting the 8.4 in anything except the Viper. There is no reason to with a more easily installed V8 that trumps the competition from other manufactures.

I don't see Dodge ever putting the 8.4 in anything except the Viper. There is no reason to with a more easily installed V8 that trumps the competition from other manufactures.

Because it would give Dodge another outlet for these motors. Being able to produce twice as many 8.4's would help them bring their own costs down. The HellCat has already found it's way into two models and I would bet money on it that it'll be three sooner than later (GC HellCat). To put the 8.4 into another Ram would more than likely double the amount of 8.4's manufactured. Also, putting a supercharged V8 with the addition of an intercooler does not seem easier to me than dropping a naturally aspirated wedge motor into the truck chassis.... Just my .02

I'd rather have the hellcat ram with an 8speed. The 8.4 is great and all but look how expensive our trucks are to mod now, with an 8.4 it'd be even higher, with the hellcat all the cheap headers and exhaust already available would probably bolt right on and the computer would probably be easier to unlock. So with the hellcat you could have an 800+hp truck without spending the stupid amounts of money you do with a viper.

I'd rather have the hellcat ram with an 8speed. The 8.4 is great and all but look how expensive our trucks are to mod now, with an 8.4 it'd be even higher, with the hellcat all the cheap headers and exhaust already available would probably bolt right on and the computer would probably be easier to unlock. So with the hellcat you could have an 800+hp truck without spending the stupid amounts of money you do with a viper.

You guys are really starting to hurt my feeling... and I only have one so take it easy on it! LOL! Well I have to admit you're probably right for the expense department. Although there is no way in Hell that the headers from a Chally are going to fit into a Ram chassis, and I would be really surprised if the existing Ram Hemi headers would be compatible with the HellCats. I could very well be wrong but I bet the design of those heads have some changes over the 5.7 heads.

I'm about to agree. We love our trucks for the power and the uniqueness of the V-10 but an 800hp hellcat engine makes since to me-----and we could always rebadge with the '06 SRT-10 badges. :D

And for the eight speed, I would still take a six speed stick over that auto any day just for the pure enjoyment of driving it on the street.

I'm about to agree. We love our trucks for the power and the uniqueness of the V-10 but an 800hp hellcat engine makes since to me-----and we could always rebadge with the '06 SRT-10 badges. :D

Shorty, are you really going to tell me that having a new Ram (which the new ones are lighter) with probably 525WHP is going to be boring. Are the average people even going to feel the need to mod these? I'm pretty sure truck for truck these would probably come in 200-300lbs lighter than our trucks. That would be like driving around in one of our trucks from the factory with like 550whp! I myself obviously do not want to see the HellCat replace the Viper motor if they were to ever build a 10 again.

And for the eight speed, I would still take a six speed stick over that auto any day just for the pure enjoyment of driving it on the street.
I'd rather have the 8.4 V10 too. I just don't see it happening.

Me too.

Shorty, are you really going to tell me that having a new Ram (which the new ones are lighter) with probably 525WHP is going to be boring. Are the average people even going to feel the need to mod these? I'm pretty sure truck for truck these would probably come in 200-300lbs lighter than our trucks. That would be like driving around in one of our trucks from the factory with like 550whp! I myself obviously do not want to see the HellCat replace the Viper motor if they were to ever build a 10 again.

On no, not boring but 8 out of 10 people walk past my 10 with their tongues dragging the ground and panting real hard, go into Whataburger and ask for a ride. Reckon they will do that in a plain old RAM? :chain:

On no, not boring but 8 out of 10 people walk past my 10 with their tongues dragging the ground and panting real hard, go into Whataburger and ask for a ride. Reckon they will do that in a plain old RAM? :chain:

It wouldn't be a plain ram if they decided to build it with the hellcat, and I would wager that if they built it people would walk right by an srt10 like it wasn't even there.

I'll take mine with the auto, there's no point in buying a performance car then choosing a transmission that hampers the performance. 8 speed auto will out run the 6 speed stick all day every day.

It wouldn't be a plain ram if they decided to build it with the hellcat, and I would wager that if they built it people would walk right by an srt10 like it wasn't even there.

I'll take mine with the auto, there's no point in buying a performance car then choosing a transmission that hampers the performance. 8 speed auto will out run the 6 speed stick all day every day.

Now you did it, here come the greatest stick drivers ever......

Now you did it, here come the greatest stick drivers ever......
Are you talking about me? :D

Disagree. The whole point in owning a performance car is for the enjoyment we find from driving them. You may enjoy the lowest ET most, but I enjoy banging gears, even if it does slow me down.

Are you talking about me? :D

Disagree. The whole point in owning a performance car is for the enjoyment we find from driving them. You may enjoy the lowest ET most, but I enjoy banging gears, even if it does slow me down.

You wanna have fun banging gears go buy a miata. The point of a hellcat car is low ets, or else it wouldn't have 700hp. A miata is literally the most fun car I've ever driven, they're just too gay to own though.

I don't care if it's a V-10 or a V-8, as long as it has 707 horses & I can tub it. More horses mean the need for more rubber on the road. The price of the 2006 SRT-10 here in Phoenix in '06 they cost $65,000.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back