2016 Ram SRT-10

The first 8-speed Hellcat Challenger or Charger that challenges my SRT-10 or Cadillac CTS V (both 6-speeds) will LOSE.......all day......every day.:D

You have kept up with current news right, you realize the hellcat was able to rip off 10.80's with nothing but drag radials(with the 8speed). Just wait till someone gets a hold of one and bolts real tires to it and yanks out the seats, I don't think it'll be long and we'll see 9sec hellcats that are daily drivers.

You have kept up with current news right, you realize the hellcat was able to rip off 10.80's with nothing but drag radials(with the 8speed). Just wait till someone gets a hold of one and bolts real tires to it and yanks out the seats, I don't think it'll be long and we'll see 9sec hellcats that are daily drivers.

Yes I have. Most drivers will not be able to click off a 10.80 with drag radials. I have seen mid 4.5 second 0-60 videos by magazine testers which is not a high 10 second time. And here is a 12 second run (although at altitude) to prove my point. And there will be some fast ones when guys like you and I get ahold of one, but most people aren't like you and I and until then I'll take my chances. You said every time and every day....and I like my chances from time to time.....I won't lose .....everytime.

Richard Rawlings takes Dodge "Hellcat" for a ride | NHRA Denver - YouTube

By the way the time published for this video run was 12.18 @ 118

Last edited:
Yes I have. Most drivers will not be able to click off a 10.80 with drag radials. I have seen mid 4.5 second 0-60 videos by magazine testers which is not a high 10 second time. And here is a 12 second run (although at altitude) to prove my point. And there will be some fast ones when guys like you and I get ahold of one, but most people aren't like you and I and until then I'll take my chances. You said every time and every day....and I like my chances from time to time.....I won't lose .....everytime.

Jerry, you can't compare a low 12 at Bandimere to performance numbers anywhere else. DA at that track ranges between 7000' and 10,000'.

It wouldn't be a plain ram if they decided to build it with the hellcat, and I would wager that if they built it people would walk right by an srt10 like it wasn't even there.

I'll take mine with the auto, there's no point in buying a performance car then choosing a transmission that hampers the performance. 8 speed auto will out run the 6 speed stick all day every day.

I agree with Caveman on this. It's to each their own. I'm not one to specifically just drag race my truck, I like to just have fun ripping around on it (or now my car). I don't care how much power you have, try driving down a narrow back road and while still traveling in said direction at 5-10 mph and then without slowing down change direction... without being able to give a quick slip of the clutch you will never be able to do this! You will wind up in the woods attempting this with an auto trans. I guess my point is, I like banging gears and being able to "stunt" around in my sport vehicles. It's not just strictly drag racing for me. Now if I was going to build a strictly 1/4 mile car, then I'd build something with an auto, high stall, and a trans brake.

You wanna have fun banging gears go buy a miata. The point of a hellcat car is low ets, or else it wouldn't have 700hp. A miata is literally the most fun car I've ever driven, they're just too gay to own though.

LOL so true! Driving a Miata is like fucking a fat chick, you know you would have fun going for the ride, you just don't want anybody finding out about it! :vroam:

Well if your truck can't beat one id be disappointed. It's almost a dedicated race truck with some street use.
Your caddy on the other hand will probably get handled I'm sure.

Screen shotted for future reference. :D

I'm not ashamed of it, my brother in law had one for a few months he got cheap and drove it to work for the summer. It's just a go cart, no power but so much fun because it doesn't try to kill you.

I'm talking about what the car can run, not including driver error

I'm talking about what the car can run, not including driver error

Exactly, I believe you and I will surprise a lot of Hellcat drivers.....Hell , I surprise a lot of the CTS V automatic drivers with my stick shift V now.:rock:

Oh, and the 6-speeds are outselling the automatics 55% to 45% according to early orders. I agree that the automatic will be the faster of the two, just not as much fun and NOT my cup of tea. Win some Lose some, but I won't lose them all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back