2nd SRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
misunderstood

Silverback said:
So some of us are full of BS and have no idea what a SRT/10 is?:confused: :dontknow:

But then I'm not the one with the burnt clutch so what do I know, right?

Oh well, this may be interesting.

Not here!! I was talking about auto shops, parts people, hitch installers, transmission shops, etc.

Nothin but good to say about this forum and the info I have received here.

Prof said:
Some people ask for input and then ignore the salient comments. I guess I will never understand that process. I too am one of those that is probably too full of BS for good input.

But after you pull that boat several times...you may not be able to get it out of the water. And for sure the "L's" will eat your lunch anytime you try to get off the line.

But have fun, that's what the truck is all about.

All of the comments are appreciated. Who better to listen to than other owners. It is interesting to see the differing opinions and reasons. I am taking all of that in and learning all I can. THANK YOU! The truck is a blast and makes a great compliment to my SRT-8. I just hope I can make it work for me.

Sorry, I missed this thread until now....

Welcome to the asylum..........Nice first post........

Django

luvsrt said:
Not here!! I was talking about auto shops, parts people, hitch installers, transmission shops, etc.

Nothin but good to say about this forum and the info I have received here.

Well damn, you took all the fun out of this didn't you.;) :D

Send me a banana and all will be well.:D :p :rock:

Well as an owner of a Rc with 4:88's I will say that it would help emensly in the towing to put in 4:88's you could even consider 5:13's.

But to regularly pull your rig out of the water might be a little much!

It is a world of difference between 4:10 and 4:88's.

I can start off in 3rd gear with my truck easily!!!

Good Luck in whatever you do!!

Oh yeah, don't kid yourself, Black is and will always be the fastest color!!:D :p

Them 4.88:1 might be a little to much for your supercharged engine. N/A engines do better with the lower gears. We have a little problem with traction! I changed my 4.10:1 gears out for the 4.56:1, I'm supercharged too and fine these to be good on a daily & traffic use.

UniTrax when your ready......

.......... and Welcome to the board!

Quick

QuickSilver said:
Them 4.88:1 might be a little to much for your supercharged engine. N/A engines do better with the lower gears. We have a little problem with traction! I changed my 4.10:1 gears out for the 4.56:1, I'm supercharged too and fine these to be good on a daily & traffic use.

Quick

Or as a viable alternative Stinkers Detroit Locker Rear End:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6220

QuickSilver said:

Quick

Thanks to all. The truck is not supercharged. (not yet anyway) I contacted Unitrax and am looking for a local shop for the install. I am also seriously considering a swap for a QC. If I had a buyer for mine I probably would. Anyone? Anyone?

Otherwise I will keep you all posted on how she does with the new gears.

QuickSilver said:

Quick

I have joined the SC ranks and have the 4:88's. I am luving the way the truck drives. Definitely not the best set up for the track but I spend more time driving around town than anything.

The 4:88's seem to keep the truck right in the sweet spot. Just gotta be a little tender with the go peddle!!:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back