3-D SRT-10 Almost Done, WIP pics

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
Yeah that's always the problem, finding a job. I'm very very fortunate that I'm pretty good at what I do so one of the professors up here offered me a TA position at UTD. So right now I'm working for him teaching one of the introductory classes in lighting and texturing for 3-D film and video games. They are paying me and paying for my school also!! I had to go down to part time at the bank, but well worth it and great resume booster showing I know what I'm doing enough that I can teach it. I'm currently reading and learning RSL (Renderman Shading Language) Pixar's renderer. I'm also wanting to go work for Pixar as a shader designer or texturer. They offer internships to current students and recent grads. Your wife should look into it, even if that means going back to school for a semester just so she can apply.

Oh ok. Yeah thats pretty awsome man. I will go back to grad school one day my self. I would have went back by now. If i would have went back when i graduated, I would have finished up this semester with a masters in EE at the age of 23 but i had a major life changing event happen as soon as i moved to GA for my first job after college. My mom passed away a month and 2 1/2 weeks right after i moved and i have two twin sisters that turned 7 right before she passed away. But i will eventually go back to grad school myself. Any how yeah thats pretty cool to work with what you love doing and i totally agree thats an awsome resume builder. Yeah i will tell my wife to check on that. She will be enrolled in the spring and maybe she can obtain one for the summer but i know they are hard to get on with though.

Awesome work, that would be many, many hours/days/months!!!!

Well almost done with this beast. All I have to do now is make the rotors and calipers and put some axles on it.

ram6m.jpg

ram7.jpg

ram8.jpg

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
Here's how the damn trucks should've come from the factory. Matching honeycomb grille and SRT emblem on front:

ram4a.jpg

Tire tread is next :burnout:

This one to be exact:

kumrh1.ang.jpg

Can't wait till I get the tread on. It's really gonna set this thing off!!!!

Those are the tires I run (Kumho Ecsta STX)!

Close to being done. I'm in the texture and render process now. Still tweaking the black paint. At first the metal flakes stood out too much and now tweaking the reflectivity. Gotta make the glass look right and a few more things and I'll be done.

Oh yeah let me get yalls opinion. So the RAM font doesn't match up due to the font not registering correctly with the software. Would you leave it on the way it is or should I just remove it?

render3x.jpg

Here's the first render just testing the HDRI lighting. It has no shadows or actual ground to give shadows, but I'm loving what the lighting will look like:

ramsrtrender1.jpg

Dear lord man, that's sweet. Is that program a newer version of 3-D max studio that your using, either way u got my respect, I used to dabble in the graphics programs when I was younger and dam these programs blow my mind. This is why I got a business degree coming to me I couldn't deal with all the detail work in graphics and design I was pulling my hair out learning that stuff!

viperhauler said:
damn...kinda looks a tad '09 on the front fenders...

that's cool...how long have you been working on it so far?

Been a while lol. I started it about a year ago and then didn't work on it till the start of summer. Now I'm almost done. It's been giving me a little render problems, but I'm getting by.

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
Dear lord man, that's sweet. Is that program a newer version of 3-D max studio that your using, either way u got my respect, I used to dabble in the graphics programs when I was younger and dam these programs blow my mind. This is why I got a business degree coming to me I couldn't deal with all the detail work in graphics and design I was pulling my hair out learning that stuff!

It's Autodesk Maya 8.5. I love this stuff and I have the patience for it. If I didn't have patience then I wouldn't be able to do it. I also really love it. When I find a job I'm going to tell them I won't mind working while I'm at home because I love it so much lol.

Well here it is. Done. It's a good start to modeling and rendering cars. I'm also going to make some renders with the white background all white walls and stuff so you can see the front back and sides. I need to work more on the shadows and some of the lights, but I think it turned ok for the first try at a car or truck.

ramsrtcomp2.jpg

viperhauler said:
what...no viper sticker on the hood???

:D :D :D

looks killer...i'd like to see some other angles...

Damnit :mad: I knew I forgot something. I might be able to photoshop it in.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back