300 SRT-8's, Love 'em or Hate 'em

CrazyUSMarine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting my wife one. Was looking at the '07 models. What do ya'll think about them? Good, bad, gay? Need some advice folks!

Great car bro....they are 13 second cars out of the oven and can get in the 11s for way less than our trucks...same car as the Charger but with all the comfort options a Cadillac owner would want with a firm but pleasing ride.....

My friend had one with every mopar bolt on and go go juice. It was a badass machine. Kinda scary when a 4000# car holds it's own against sport bikes.

The 300 SRT 8 is a gret ride. I have an 06 and I would not think of getting rid of it. There are a few TSBs out on them but in general they are bullet proof. They are actually a Benz "E" class with a different Skin on it. :)

The only draw back is the Goodyear F1 tires, really soft and if you get 16,000 out of them you are doing good, so figure on a new set every year to year and half. :( Some have gone to the Nito or the Toyo as replacements.

I say go for it. Actually your wife may clean your clock Stock against Stock they are a solid 13.8 1/4 mile out of the box. diablo tune, CAI, Cat-Back and you are in the 12s.. :)

They're great fun!!

I like them, good fun to drive. Love the firm gearshifts in them, don't see that too much with modern automatics. The 6.1L pulls hard, has heaps of grunt. Handling wise, for a car of it's size and setup, it can be manhandled pretty well around corners. But, lets not kid ourselves, it's not built for that. It's a souped up business mans car with enough power to deal to it's fair share of "annoyances" if the need arises. They're a car you either hate or love, only you will know the answer to looks, you like it or you don't, it's a car that doesn't offer the sitting on the fence option. Summary - another 1 who is for getting one, do it I say. Here is a video I made of ours......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lAwCU-9wQ0

Cheers,
Carl

Having worked on a few of them, I rarely see problems and they are fun to drive. Just be weary of driving through deep water with the NAG transmissions, they'll go south really fast when the water starts to decompose the glue on the clutches. Sometimes water gets in around the dipstick.

They're a bargain. If you like it, it's a great choice compared to its competition. I like everything about them except the interior. Then again, that's common with modern mopars of all types. They need better interiors badly. The new Ram's are on the right track.

Your wife will destroy you stock to stock............ I wouldn't race her if yall buy one, it killed me a little everytime my wife would toss the blinkers on after putting a few buses between us!

But we may have a factory freak as even the supercharged 10 has a problem pulling on her...

bigike said:
Your wife will destroy you stock to stock............ I wouldn't race her if yall buy one, it killed me a little everytime my wife would toss the blinkers on after putting a few buses between us!

But we may have a factory freak as even the supercharged 10 has a problem pulling on her...

Thats the Kind of stuff I like to hear! But its between the Benz C300, the New Maximas, or the SRT-8...

CrazyUSMarine said:
Thats the Kind of stuff I like to hear! But its between the Benz C300(ok for a chick), the New Maximas(not ok for anyone), or the SRT-8(yes)...

i drove a few, but ended up with a used 06 300C (bought in september) and have put about 7k miles on it. love the car, has good power good looks. the person before me had 22"s on it and they look nice.
i would have gone with a srt8 but i put to many miles on it to justify.

my wife enjoys driving it. personally if your wife doesnt need the extra power (and unless you mashing the pedal you dont notice) just get a 300C and use the extra money to mod your truck...

CrazyUSMarine said:
Thats the Kind of stuff I like to hear! But its between the Benz C300, the New Maximas, or the SRT-8...
its funny you say this.
my soon to be wife has the new benz c300 in white awd, and i have a 08 srt 300 in blue, both great cars. both also both toally different
you cant compare. and just an fyi the new maxima oil change is near almost 90 bucks and its the same kind of oil used in a/c, ester oil. one of my family members has one

Last edited:
It's basically muscle in a tux.. I love mine and it's B-O-N-E stock. That baby gets the hell up and goes when I want her to.

Attachments

• 100_3975.JPG
    100_3975.JPG
    757.1 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back