35 YEARS AS A TECH

1qksrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ,after aprox. 35 years as a dealer tech,I,ve decided to hang it up.With all the b.s. in recent years involving dealership closings,medical benefits and not able to make a living as in past years I've decided enough is enough!
I know that I am not alone in this and I wish well to all others caught up in this economic crunch.In my years as a tech I have attained G.M. & Chrysler master status,A.S.E. master(auto,Truck and machinist)Which I thought was all for naught,until I received a call the other day from a friend asking if I would be interested in joining a startup prototype dept. with P.A.C.(Precision Aeronautic components).I've been thinking about a career change for awhile and the timing couldn't be better.Well I start 5:00am June 8th,I was told that my name came up in a meeting one day and they thought that I would be a good candidate for the position(yeah I couldn't believe it either).Amazing,Four day work week,great benefits,vacation,etc,etc.
When I went to meet them,I was amazed at the high level of workmanship,And thought to myself that I would be apart of this:rock:
Well,I would like to tell all out there struggling like me,to hang in there,you never know what the new day will bring.Wish me luck in my new endeaver,as I am wishing well to others.
Thanks to all my friends,who kept telling me to hang in there(you know who you are).

Good luck brother. Glad to hear things are looking up. Sounds like the automtive repair business just lost a good tech.

Congrats Mickey.... I knew you'd get it!! You deserve it bro...you work harder than anyone I know. We'll have to get together this summer and tip a few back!

Well done!!:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :rock: :burnout:

Good Luck! Hate to hear you are hanging it up but it sounds like you are stepping into something nice. :congrats:

I am glad it worked out Mickey! There is no doubt that you will do good in this position. From what you told me it sounds like it is more playing than working :)

Got the package today... THANKS AGAIN!!!!! For anyone who may not know Mickey, you need to meet him. He is one of a kind! :rock:

Best of luck, Mickey! :rock: Aeronautics is a great career path. There seems to be lots of opportunity there. :)

..... Thanks for taking my call earlier too. ;)

Congrats Mickey.Could not happen to a nicer guy.Good luck in your new carreer. You never know,when one closes another opens.I was laid off after 24 years wuth a company when they decided to close.I now work 10 minutes from the house doing truss design and dont have all the BS that went with it at causeway lumber.Good luck to ya brother.I am sure you will excell at what you are getting into!!

Thanks for all the congrats guys,
I am not one who gets intimidated by a job request or anything for that fact!
But I must admit,when I got the tour of this facility,I was(a little bit).Like Amtrucker 22 stated,I was told its not work,Its playing with tinker toys(albeit really expensive ones).The days will be long,But i will have fri.,sat. and sun.off(three day weekend )to help finishJorge,s(black viper)truck as well some others.I have to tell you that after being on this forum for as long as I've been,I feel like I'm part of a family thats second to none!!!!:rock: :rock:

Mickey, like I told you earlier, I believe in kharma. You've done so many great things for so many people, it was only a matter of time. You and Eva are class acts and deserve nothing but the best my friend. I wish you much success!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back