lighter on launch,but you can loose the mileage thing cause of fun
mashing it
#4 the glue your ass back from take off
#5 The look i get when someone ask what rear gear you have ,,,most of
the time peeps face gets corked screwed in response
#6 track times ,but i have to wait cause i have not run mine down track
yet since swap to see diff in times

more to come as i think of them

Been kicking around doing a set of 88's in mine. Alot of my driving is 50-60 and seems to be a lil fast for 5th and a lil slow for 6th.

John02SS said:
Been kicking around doing a set of 88's in mine. Alot of my driving is 50-60 and seems to be a lil fast for 5th and a lil slow for 6th.

that is exactly why i did it ,,,that and red light to red light makes it a beast :burnout:

my next mod garunteed... i got behind a slow moving farm tractor today and i couldnt pass and 1st was too fast for him at idle.... had to clutch and coast let out clutch and coast let out clutch and coast..... damn

Ironhead said:
Ok here it is in a nutshell
#1 Dont Fear the Gear
#2 In town mileage is actualy better by at least 1.5 miles per gallon
due to WAY less shifting in stop and go traffic
#3 first and second is a freaking blast ,makes truck feel 1000 pounds
lighter on launch,but you can loose the mileage thing cause of fun
mashing it
#4 the glue your ass back from take off
#5 The look i get when someone ask what rear gear you have ,,,most of
the time peeps face gets corked screwed in response
#6 track times ,but i have to wait cause i have not run mine down track
yet since swap to see diff in times

more to come as i think of them
WTF TOOK SO LONG..you been on another one of them drunks???:D :D

the 4.88's are great around town. i can get into 6th at 45mph. its great, but turning 1750 rpms is pretty bad on the highway at 70mph. sucks a little cause mileage gets bad past that for me. (16mpg)

who sells the gears? Stinker, you got 'em buddy? sounds like a fun time, and i usually don't do highway driving in my truck too much.

stinker does sell'em. their unitrax gears. great deal for ring/pinion /carrier/install kit. highly recommended:rock:

Why is it so hard to get an answer about 4.88 gears?????.......I have been interested in these but anyone that does them get all out of shape or like this thread silence...dam.....

So only 1750 at 70 with 4.88s???
If so im going that way instead of 4.56s

SuperZ said:
So only 1750 at 70 with 4.88s???
If so im going that way instead of 4.56s
4.88's will multiply your fun factor x10, no shit you will not believe the difference especially over the 4.10's.:rock: :rock: :rock:

FATJACK said:
4.88's will multiply your fun factor x10, no shit you will not believe the difference especially over the 4.10's.:rock: :rock: :rock:

Stop it! I'm gettin all hot n bothered! :D :dontknow: I really want gears now...was going to do some other things but this just went to the top of my wish list!!!

Hey guys sorry its been a loooooooooooooooooong couple days:eek:

ran from chicago to ny and now in tampa in ........welll better not say;)

but I dont have the price right in front of me but I think they are $530 but if not mistaken that is "all" the bearings in the rear axle and a new carrier to do a complete swap to a 4.88, I will have to know whether its an 04 or 05 if ya order tho, and I think shipping is usually around $40 or so? heck I cant see nuthin but my pillow right now:p

but if ya interested I think MY ol fanny is headed home tommorrow, so pm me and I will double check on the pricing:)

now where is my pillow:confused:

TNVIPER said:
Sounds good Iron....I am interested in seeing how the 4.88 handles the 1320........you are hitting the track in Macon?..

yes i will run it down a few times to see what i can do with the drag radials on it ,,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back