4:88 gears

Evans SRT10

Reaction score
Hi I have a 04 srt and Im thinking of changing to a 4:88 ratio. Any input would be great. Is it just a matter of changing the ring and pinion, or will the center section (locker) not hold up to the lower gear? Would this mod be worth it? More low end and tourqe? I want to be able to keep burnin the tires all the way thru 3rd.....LOL.:rock:

is money an object?

if you step up to 4.56's you can use your same carrier, if you go to 4.88's you'll have to change the carrier which is about another $500 on top of the build...

you can do a 4.56 swap for about $500 where i live... but you might as well get cryoed spider gears and new clutches while you're in there, so that's about $250 or so...

plus the 4.88's your mileage will suffer a little, while the 4.56's are actually pretty tame on the highway...

Getting ready to do the 4.56 change on my rear. Need to find a guy I trust with my truck though. The guy I used for everything before moved four states away and I don't think he is doing them anymore. He is racing on the NHRA pro stock tour now if I remember correctly.

The 4.88's are an absolute blast!!! Especially if you have the 4.10's now. Guaranteed tire burning thru 3rd.
I have had all three the 88's are great fun and do not affect your mileage much over the 56's. DO IT!!

I heard .88 aren't great for the HW. I'm thinking about the .56s because 6th is useless unless you have no traffic at 70-80.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back