4.88's are IN!!

Just checked mine on the way home tonight. 70mph was just at 1450rpm. 80mph was just at 1700. I have a question tho. How far off is the speedo after the 4.88s. Also, how to adjust to correct???

It won't be off at all. There is a sensor. It's not mechanical.

Just checked mine on the way home tonight. 70mph was just at 1450rpm. 80mph was just at 1700. I have a question tho. How far off is the speedo after the 4.88s. Also, how to adjust to correct???

sensor in rearend is not for speedo ,its for your anti lock brakes ,your speedo wont change at all ,,

and for the on going discussion on 488,s i have always ran 305/45 /22 not the 40 stockers;) so my rpm is not in anyone's math equation :) nananana boo boo :D

Last edited:
sensor in rearend is not for speedo ,its for your anti lock brakes ,your speedo wont change at all ,,

and for the on going discussion on 488,s i have always ran 305/45 /22 not the 40 stockers;) so my rpm is not in anyone's math equation :) nananana boo boo :D

That make a world of difference! 45s are way taller than 40s :)

I topped 4th gear out to see, redline was right at 111mph, last month my trap speeds were 105mph at 13.2's with the 4.10's, so that gives me about 6 miles more hour of improvment with the 4.88's before im shifting to 5th, so I'm thinking easy 12's in the future just from my gear change.

Just piddling around to work and school I am LOVING the added pep :rock:

nope the speed is pulled from the front tires......too

This is true on most Chrysler vehicles (I didn't know it was that way on the '10 though). However, the input from the front wheels is used for stability control purposes, and is not input to the speedometer.

This is true on most Chrysler vehicles (I didn't know it was that way on the '10 though). However, the input from the front wheels is used for stability control purposes, and is not input to the speedometer.

Not true my truck did not have a sensor for the rear end and nothing coming off the trans and my speedometer still worked when we pulls the abs sensors in the front out the speedo stopped working

I don't think we have an accurate answer to this question? I worked at dodge and remember countless trucks with abs light on and no speedo and it was the sensor in pumpkin of rear end every time!:dontknow:
I know the rear abs/speed signal is processed through the ABS module then on to the speedo.
3 sensors read tone rings, 2 on the front hubs and 1 on rear differential to control ABS. Module needs to know front and rear wheel speed to monitor and activate abs.
Pretty positive diffy sensor is responsible for speedo. Ever wonder why if in the rain or dry pavement if you smoke the tires down you can go 110-120 mph but the truck is not really moving but 3 mph? Power braking? Etc.:chain:

Last edited:
Well.....technically those exist too, lmfao!
Measuring each wheels air pressure although we weren't blessed with that on our SRT10s :(

yeh I know bout the POS tire pressure sensors. I'm glad we don't have thos to be honest. I have a thing that is shaped much like a pencil that cost $2 and does the same thing.

yeh I know bout the POS tire pressure sensors. I'm glad we don't have thos to be honest. I have a thing that is shaped much like a pencil that cost $2 and does the same thing.

Lol....right ! Whatever that thing is I've been using it for years :)
I'm a pro with that thang

+1!

Well.....technically those exist too, lmfao!
Measuring each wheels air pressure although we weren't blessed with that on our SRT10s :(
I am soooo thankful we don't have TPMS on our trucks! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back