4.88's make a diff!

RAMviperIFFIC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
....like my pun?

I got my tires today. 305/30/22 Dunlop Sport Maxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Truck now sits 1.5" lower. The handling is phenomenal. With just this tire change, it seems like my suspension is actually doing it's job. I feel that the 1/2 kit from x-metal is stiff, and with the 40 series tires (taller sidewall), the tire is soaking up much more than what I used to believe. The smaller diameter was like switching from my 4.56 gears to 4.88's. It seems like third gear pulls as hard as 2nd gear did with the taller tires. As advertised, these tires from Dunlop are SILENT (another pun!). I am telling ya that these tires make zero noise, even during hard cornering when the Scorpions where squealling like they did in the 80's! :thrasher: I took pics, which I will post late tonight or tomorrow.

so for those of ya that are gonna say;

:needpics:

I am supprised at how much the ride improved with a 30 series tire....more comfy and much more crisp handling at the same time. On clean blacktop from a 10mph roll in first, you can floor it and it hooks up instantly and throws ya back. These tires have met my expectations.:rock:

from what i understand it won't effect the speedo...sensor is on the trans., i believe.

How much where the tires?:dontknow: I was thinking about switching to a 30 series tire also. I really like the low profile look:rock:

SANCHOBA said:
from what i understand it won't effect the speedo...sensor is on the trans., i believe.
it will most certainly effect the sppedo... you can change the revs per mile in the abs control module

Speedo...

TheMoparConnection said:
it will most certainly effect the sppedo... you can change the revs per mile in the abs control module

my "guess" is it is off around 7%, or at 60, I am actually doing around 56. I will be visiting my dealer for the speedo adjustment.

PIX

enjoy! I am!

Attachments

• close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 249
  • inside.jpg
    inside.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 234
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 177
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 322
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 195
I got my plates

My first choice was;

GO GO GO

but the DOT must of had a problem with that, so they gave me my second choice;

SPIN EM

How much $ where those tires:dontknow: How much is your truck lowered:confused: I like the looks of those tires:rock:

x-metal 1.25/2.33 drop

kyle's srt10 said:
How much $ where those tires:dontknow: How much is your truck lowered:confused: I like the looks of those tires:rock:

The x-metal kit still keeps decent suspension travel. The tires were 248 a piece before tax. Delivered for free! I have connections!:rock:

Too skinny for my taste.I like my new 40 series grabbers,But hey what ever makes you happy.That's the most important thing.Enjoy your new skins!!

Gap

FastSRT19 said:
Wow! The wheel gap is huge now!:dontknow: But im sure it handles nice!
I agree, the gap is a wee bit to big, but it is about the same wheel gap as a stock RC. If I could lower it a wee bit more without negatively affecting the handling, I would. However, PERFORMANCE comes first, not aesthetics.

l8r,

RAMviperIFFIC said:
I agree, the gap is a wee bit to big, but it is about the same wheel gap as a stock RC. If I could lower it a wee bit more without negatively affecting the handling, I would. However, PERFORMANCE comes first, not aesthetics.

l8r,

You can go lower;) Mine is a good 1'' lower in the front and prolly a good 2'' in back lower than yours is:D

Steering response is.....

Yellow venom said:
looking good. Is the steering more positve now?
.....Udderly WOW:burnout: :rock:

Turn-in is crisp, there is pretty much no delay in response. It feels extremely planted to the tarmac. Playing on the on-off ramps around here, I find myself comfortably going at speeds which before where at the vehicles limits.

btw,
these tires smoke real nice too! Pulling out of the parking lot where I had my tires mounted, I did a burnout. Then I went to my bud's stereo shop and got "egged" into doing a burnout for that crowd too! Being the rubber compound is soft, they smoke really fast. I hope they last me atleast one season! I guess I am going to have to take a picture of me doing a burnout soon. I probably won't stay in it as long as you did for your pic, but I can always pull out the bleach! Yeah, that is what I'm gonna do!

Lower does look cooler....

kyle's srt10 said:
You can go lower;) Mine is a good 1'' lower in the front and prolly a good 2'' in back lower than yours is:D
...however, I think I am going to keep the "jounce travel" I currently have.

HAHAHA... With your new found passion for burnouts and rubber roasting I hope they last you a whole season too. I like the look.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back