48RE Differences

sublimeswinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a difference in the 48re transmission in our trucks and the 48re diesel transmission? Or are they the same thing?

Is there a difference in the 48re transmission in our trucks and the 48re diesel transmission? Or are they the same thing?

If you are asking if the 48RE from a diesel could be installed in our trucks as is and work properly, the answer is no.

There are (3) internal differences between the two units.

Can a 48RE from a diesel be made to work in an SRT-10? Yes (quite easily); and vice versa.

Last edited:
I think I need a new one. There is a small grinding at 10 mph, but then goes away. It also seems like its slipping 1-2.I may have a pinion angle issue, and I think my carrier bearing is bad. It sometimes does go into park , only makes it to reverse, even though the shifter is all the way

I think I need a new one. There is a small grinding at 10 mph, but then goes away. It also seems like its slipping 1-2.I may have a pinion angle issue, and I think my carrier bearing is bad. It sometimes does go into park , only makes it to reverse, even though the shifter is all the way

others have found that the linkage needed a slight adjustment, its on here somewhere

Lightningraper still has one out of the truck he is parting out. Hit him up

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back