48re problem

bajaboat77

Reaction score
hello to all I come to you because I have a problem with my 48th, when I start driving in D, the 2nd passes at 2500 rpm and the 3rd speed passes around 3000rpm. at each passing of speed it gives as a kick to the buttocks without mechanical noises.
the emptying of the box was made with change of the filter, seal and liquid atf + 4 we have to regulate the front band as it says in the preceding positions on the forum with unscrewing of the adjustment screw to 1 - 3/4. the rest of the gears work very well but esque I must adjust the back band?
do you have any idea of the problem I have, thank you in advance for your answers

Did you change the kick down cable adjustment?

then no, I do not think so.
the battery leaked into the engine compartment and we disassembled to clean and repaint the intake and at the same time change our spark plug wire, we dismantled all the throttle cables, kickdown and cruise control. maybe we have not put up this cable kickdown. thank you in advance

The kick down adjustment sounds too tight. Remove the plastic clip holding the cable and push the cable slightly toward the front of the engine. It should just barely have tension on it when it is proper. Replace the clip .

The kick down adjustment sounds too tight. Remove the plastic clip holding the cable and push the cable slightly toward the front of the engine. It should just barely have tension on it when it is proper. Replace the clip .

actually the kickdown was too tense, everything is back to normal, thank you for the advice!
what cable tension should the cable have? esque is like on our muscle because it must be very relaxed or just soft

There is a specific procedure in the shop manual. I adjust mine so it "almost has tension on it". In other words just before it starts to pull slightly on the cable.
As long as your shifts don't hang on too long like yous did (cable is too tight) and the shifts themselves aren't loose and sloppy (cable is too loose), it is set correctly.

I adjusted mine so when the throttle starts to move the kick down cable starts to move....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back