4x4 srt10. opinions

The 205 should hold up fine...

My concern is the 1/2 ton 4wd....I agree with others that have posted - this is a weak front end for the HP/TQ....IFS 4wd sucks donkey ballz in my opinion....front 60 or 609 would be the way to go, if it will fit, IMHO....

Good luck either way, would love to see pics...

exactly my point. especially with guys like stinker and nowwhat pushin all those ponies a loss of 50 or so is nothing compared to the gain of TRACTION. im hoping they will chime in soon. i'll tell you what justin, you can take my truck for a couple months and try a prototype setup if you want :D:D

you can use a 2500 diff then. same measurements about. my point is it can be done and should be something to think about

your looking for traction, i'm looking to mudhole the damn thing...(mudhole it sickness, not cornhole, before you say anything) that way i get the 4x4 i want, but still have the SRT-10, which i want as well...poor mans toy that does double duty

definately not a poor mans toy lol. you want a off roader? trade ya a 79 ford f150 shortbed 7" lift and 500 ponies. not the same as a srt thou :D

wouldnt want to trade my dodge for a ford...would like the srt to be 4x4 though...at least in a perfect world...til then, guess i will have to go run it down the road again cause ya got me to thinkin about a 4x4...dammit i am easily led astray

muttvipertruck said:
your looking for traction, i'm looking to mudhole the damn thing...(mudhole it sickness, not cornhole, before you say anything) that way i get the 4x4 i want, but still have the SRT-10, which i want as well...poor mans toy that does double duty
Moi :dontknow: :D

muttvipertruck said:
:eek:

I would imagine you would have to do extensive mods to the front end. Clearance & travel between the new diff & the engine, alteration of sway bars, tie rods, springs, shocks. New mounts for diff.

Too many things to take into account to make it worthwhile IMO. On top of those things you may still have issues with the transfer case and the tranny not working correctly together.

Still, an interesting concept nonetheless. If you do pursue it, best of luck! :D

i personally aint going to pursue it, out of my range of skills, i was just offering up my truck to any vendor/ manufacturer that might be interested in tackling the job...for me to do it i would need basicaslly just an ink pen and sign a new contract for a 4x4

RedRamRules said:
I would imagine you would have to do extensive mods to the front end. Clearance & travel between the new diff & the engine, alteration of sway bars, tie rods, springs, shocks. New mounts for diff.

Too many things to take into account to make it worthwhile IMO. On top of those things you may still have issues with the transfer case and the tranny not working correctly together.

Still, an interesting concept nonetheless. If you do pursue it, best of luck! :D

tie rods and rack and pinion are the same measurements. the diff is staitionary and does not move. the sway bars are mountedin the exact same location,the srt is just bigger. the transfer case is mounted seperately (hense why they call it unmarried)with a small driveshaft between.

I think he was a member of the other site, full name 1TallSRT, but he disappeared before this site came about.

Seems to me he was one of the only people to ever give his SRT a lift and big tires. Caught a lot of grief for it, naturally.

Beyond that, I don't know a whole lot more.

Last edited:
muttvipertruck said:

hellz yeah. then i could sell my 4x4 daytona ram. or just keep it like it is...best of both worlds.

DenOfThievz said:
I think he was a member of the other site, full name 1TallSRT, but he disappeared before this site came about.

Seems to me he was one of the only people to ever give his SRT a lift and big tires. Caught a lot of grief for it, naturally.

Beyond that, I don't know a whole lot more.
He caught grief because he was a Tard and a liar.......The diffrence is that this dude is serious and not a Tard..............I think ;) :D

i aint no tard. i am serious about the idea. i think that people could benefit from it. mainly the ones that have spent god knows how much on power but can't get it to the ground...

Stanimal said:
i aint no tard. i am serious about the idea. i think that people could benefit from it. mainly the ones that have spent god knows how much on power but can't get it to the ground...
No, don't take it wrong. I wasn't saying anything of the sort. I was just surprised that no one brought up his name.

Try to find an ALL wheel drive transfer case instead of a 4-wheel drive. The differential between the front and rear will eliminate the binding and handling problems. Would be pretty awesome in the rain. When all is said and done though, I think all the extra weight and rotating mass (even without binding) will result in an unimproved ET, unless it's raining.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back