4X4 SRT10. What would it take????

why not just use ram 1500 fron diff and spindles and what not, if you split the power 40/60(front/rear) i don't see why it wouldn't hold up, and even if stock stuff wouldn't hold up i'm sure it could be beefed up somehow. and in theroy wouldn't it pretty much just bolt up, would save a ton on fab work.

r u talking 4x4... or awd conversion?? if awd that would be sweet, a lifted 4x4 srt10.... not that sweet in my opinion

You might want to research the Diablo R/T back when Chrysler owned Lamborghini, it was an AWD where the front only engaged when needed and I am sure the parts could handle the HP. Part Dodge, part Lamborghini ... hmmmmm ...

Hey guys,

I was directed over here by some guys on pirate4x4 forum. I have a few questions for you. I used the SEARCH button and this is the only thread I really found so I am going to revive it.

My brother owns a crew cab srt-10. He is looking to trade it in, and he called me up the other day asking if I would want to buy it. He told me he would sell it to me for 12 grand when I get out of college if I wanted it and he would just hold on to it until then. This is a smoking deal imo. Otherwise the dealer is going to give him somwhere around 19 or 20 for it. I have some questions...

After doing some research i found out that your trucks have 4.56 dana 60 rear ends. I also learned that the truck is backed up by the 48re, which is a beefier version of the cummins and truck v10 automatic. With a $150 dollar rebuild on the tailshaft and overdrive it will accept a nv271 (big ass t-case in the dodge and ford diesels) or even an atlas transfer case.

I would be 4 linking the truck front and rear with a solid axle swap up front. I would either utilize the stock rear axle and a dana 60 front axle with a 5 lug hub kit or put it on some 2.5 ton rockwells. I'm gonna be running at least a 40 inch tire.

I have got a few questions for you guys since i cant find anyone who has done this before. Yes, I know this will get pretty expensive but the motor and trans and cab are exactly what I am looking for in my 4x4 project and this would be a great opportunity to build a very unique off road toy.

1. Does anyone know if you are running a locker or a limited slip from the factory?
2. Is there a difference between the frames of an 05 cc and a 06 cc. I read somwhere that the 06 is a 2500 frame.
3. Are there any major differences between the frame of an 05 or 06 srt 10 truck from regular ones.
4. Do you guys run into any cooling problems with these trucks?
5. Does anyone know what the splin count of the rear axles are?
6. How much can i get for the following items. Stock rear drive shaft, stock exhaust behind the cat, rear axle, rear bumper, tonneau cover, front and rear suspension, rear axle, brakes, and steering rack.

Please dont hate on me too badly. I realize you guys love your trucks the way they are and I am not trying to say they are bad. These are b.a. trucks, but I just cant justify a 2wd truck with an automatic

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back